Man Utd vs Newcastle Utd - Match Thread

Decky

Guest Toongaboom

Given

Taylor                    Enrique

Zog

Guest bluegeordie

What makes it even worse is that we took Owen off for Rozehnal and with 5 defenders on the pitch, we still conceded three more.

:lol:

Sorry, the only thing to do is to laugh at that fact.

Spot on - I never realised how much truth there was in the old cliche that you "defend from the front".

Alan Green speaking an incredible amount of sense on 606.

Whats he saying

Supporting the fans and telling supporters from other clubs who don't have a clue what they're on about yet think they do to be quiet. More or less.

Guest rebel_yell12
by: Pullman  

Insert Quote

Quote from: Role Model on Today at 07:34:45 PM

Anyone going to rate the players? Not worth it for me.

Good: Given, Enrique, N'Zogbia

Bad: Everyone else

Owen was okay.  He had two good chances, and scored with one while fluffing the other one.  Not a bad return (1 for 2).  How would you have rated him if his goal wasn't disallowed?  I tried to keep that in mind as I review the match.  

Given looked...not his best.  He could have been worse, certainly.  He could have been much better as well.  

Enrique was solid until late in the match, whether he's not used to 90 minutes (likely) and became tired or just absolutely demoralised, hard to tell.  

N'Zogbia looked the best.

Carr was invisible (a good match from him).

So all in all...there are some bright points.  Owen made another 90 minutes and looks better this match than last (still not quite looking like Michael Owen but he was better as his goal proved).  N'Zogbia looked good.  Carr wasn't a shambles and may actually be vaguely reliable against Stoke.  Enrique looks almost promising. Would have been nice to have played a team like ManUtd with our best back four -- Taylor, Beye, Faye and Enrique maybe?  Either way, not what was available today.  And the final good point -- no Smith for the next few matches.

Just feel dejected, even though I didn't think it was going to be anything other than a defeat.

1) I didn't think that either of the penalty appeals for Man Utd were. Ronaldo played for the first one and Giggs kicked Smith.

2) Owen was onside when the ball was played and his goal should have stood.

3) The freekick for Ronaldo's first goal should never have been given. He mishit the ball and fell over.

4) Ferdinand looked offside for his goal.

5) Was the whole ball over the line for Tevez's goal? Seem to remember Ray Wilkins reasoning that when Martins struck the bar against Chelsea in the League Cup.

6) Styles is s**** and so is the linesman.

7) Taylor, N'Zogbia and Enrique all had decent games.

8) The ball was running for Man Utd and generally has against Newcastle this year. Hits Cacapa and goes to Tevez, although it should have been in row Z before that.

9) Man United 6-0 Newcastle - I would love to get revenge in the home game.

Yeah, you're right. We deserved at least a point....  :rolleyes:

Why are you agreeing with something he didn't say?, what a total dickhead...  Everything he says is right more or less, not sure about Ferdinand, think he was just onside, but the rest is fair enough.

As a side note, C.Ronaldo is on 22 goals so far, and its just about mid way through January. That is insane.

jaw droppingly good.

I still can't believe some people on the forum last year said they'd take Rooney over him :lol:

Need them both, really. Neither is as good without the other.

As a side note, C.Ronaldo is on 22 goals so far, and its just about mid way through January. That is insane.

jaw droppingly good.

I still can't believe some people on the forum last year said they'd take Rooney over him :lol:

tevez too, inter-play between those three, with the likes of evra, anderson and giggs running off the ball, is incredible.

jaw droppingly good.

For all his tricks and shit, he does the basics so well. He's fast and direct. He always tries to hit the target, hoping for something and usually getting it. His reputation means defenders are now shit-scared of him.

The best player in the world by far. How many has Kaka got tihs season?

jaw droppingly good.

Shame he's still a diving, whinging dick like.

Cacapa was immense today

immensely s***!  bambi on ice mark 2

Wow, he actually said that. Caçapa was ... eh, he did a few things right and far too many mistakes. A very poor performance.

Think he was average. He put in a few saving tackles, but also caused a few problems with slack passing. Wouldn't say it was a terrible performance.