Man Utd vs Newcastle Utd - Match Thread

Decky

What a terrible performance from the guys, Taylor, Enrique and Zoggs are about the only ones who had a decent game Given his distribution of the ball was absolute shit why does he not just give it to the defenders and let them build up play, I was watching Enrique asking for the ball and Given just hoofs it up only for it to go to the opposition apart from his stops in goal he was shit. Fucking Smith the guy's fucking useless worst player in a Black&White shirt the only good thing he did was get himself kicked off and now he won't play for three games. We need to go Foreign with the new Manager if we have to go British then at least go for Mowbray at West Brom.

1. Wont' blame N'Zogbia when he leaves for a top 4 club !!!

2. Hope I don't see Smith on the pitch in a newcastle top again

3. Hope I don't see Owen on the pitch in a newcastle top agian

4. Its over and out guys, the hole club needs help...

Guest rebel_yell12
Posted on: Today at 03:38:32 AMPosted by: k0ss 

Insert Quote

1. Wont' blame N'Zogbia when he leaves for a top 4 club !!!

2. Hope I don't see Smith on the pitch in a newcastle top again

3. Hope I don't see Owen on the pitch in a newcastle top agian

4. Its over and out guys, the hole club needs help...

As a longtime fan of Owen's -- I heartily agree.  It takes a truly sh*** team to make Owen look this poor.  He hardly touched the ball, at least Smith had a chance to look sh**.  Owen was starved of chances.  Of the two chances he had, he scored one (bad decision by the linesman) and fluffed the other.  That's about his ratio over his career (1 in 2) so I can't fault him for that.  Don't see how Owen can be blamed for the dross served up v. ManUtd.  For f***s sake it was only 3-0 when he went off, the fact that 3 further went in after he was subbed off is rather evidence that Owen wasn't the problem.  Had his goal stood, as it should have done, would everyone still be criticising him so heavily? 

I don't think Newcastle's problems are up front.  It takes a truly miserable midfield to make strikers like Owen and Martins both look so useless.  I can't believe that either one turned to crap suddenly.  Blaming a striker for a loss like yesterday's is ridiculous. 

Of course, if Newcastle get relegated, I'm sure they'd be forced to sell Owen, by a clause in his contract.  Then you'd be rid of him finally, just as you want.  Do be careful what you wish for.  You never know how it might come about.

I predicted 5 nil. Good job I didnt stick any cash on it.

Only surprise was that we weren't a couple down by half time.

Yesterday just exposed the foolishness of the decision to sack Sam immediately before a hellish run of games.

We are a rudderless ship sailing into the eye of the storm. Relegation is a definite possibility, anyone who denies that is sticking their head in the sand.

rebel_yell12 link=topic=48656.msg1153407#msg1153407 date=1200210893

I don't think Newcastle's problems are up front.  It takes a truly miserable midfield to make strikers like Owen and Martins both look so useless.  I can't believe that either one turned to crap suddenly.  Blaming a striker for a loss like yesterday's is ridiculous. 

Nail on the head, other than the Zog, we must have the slowest and immobile midfield in the prem. That and coupled with Smith (how many games does it take for the club to notice that he's not now or ever likely to be a midfielder!!).

I lost count of the number of times we gave the ball away when we weren't under any pressure, Butt and Smith (surprise, surprise) especially and then not chasing back to try and make up for their dropped bollock - not that they would have been able to catch anyone though.

There's no denying we were soundly beaten, but I love the way the media are dismissing the officials influence on the game. I know we would have lost regardless but it really pisses me off they  have got away with such a disgraceful display of football officiating.

First lets get the defense for the opposition out of the way. Man United should have had a penalty. Smith charged into the back Giggs with no intention to get the ball what-so-ever, fair cop, but then it began...

First half Rooney committed at least three bookable offenses off the top of my head, ref doesn't bat a fucking eye lid. Couple this with the goal Owen randomly had disallowed and it was a fairly frustrating but tolerable first half.

Half time Fergie must have slipped Mr. Styles something special because he did his up most to ensure the result was as emphatic as possible:

The first goal, Ronaldo notorious for being a diving little fuck goes down with no one even close to him, free kick. FREE KICK, FREE KICK!? I was fucking boiling, it was destined to go in to compound the frustration

The second goal, woeful defending/ goalkeeping, but no one seems to have pointed out the obstruction of Rooney on Given, it's ridiculous but in the modern game you can't touch a keeper without the whistle going, so why was Rooney allowed to prevent the save.

The final goal, how can so many people clearly visualize the ball was not over the line but one official can't, it didn't even look close to being over the line, it was a fucking disgrace this if you ask me.

These incidents sandwiched a cast-iron penalty decision (Ferdinand on N'Zogbia) and some pretty all round shabby referring. Don't get me wrong we would have still lost the game by a fair margin but it may not have been anywhere as humiliating.

The frustration is probably compounded by the media and their lack of willingness to highlight these decisions...

The Rooney "no yellow card, no talking to" incident was funny. I think if Smith hadn't put Ferdinand off the pitch (again, no yellow card) then I think Rooney would have been booked. He got so frustrated that he was looking to kick someone, but Smith took the refs attention away.

The Man United fans booed the ref off at half time by the way - he was shite for both sides.

On the replays for the final goal, it looks over the line to me tbh.

Oh and another thing, what could Smith have possibly said to the ref to warrant a straight red the likes of Rooney/ Terry are constantly calling ref fucking cheats or telling them to fuck off, must have been some insult...

Oh and another thing, what could Smith have possibly said to the ref to warrant a straight red the likes of Rooney/ Terry are constantly calling ref fucking cheats or telling them to fuck off, must have been some insult...

Blessing in disguise, least he won't be in the team for a few games now

I like nufc.com putting the Samaritan's number in their report.  Reminds me of The Mag (Or maybe Talk of the Tyne/Toon) giving away a free suicide pill for if we went down in the season before the Premiership was formed.

Caused me to get fucking twatted last night that match, can't even remember walking home.  Hope they're happy.

Newcastle were so ruthlessly battered at Old Trafford that Michael Carrick was pitying his hometown club long before the 6-0 slaughter ended.

A product of the famed Wallsend Boys Club, Carrick retains his Geordie accent and proud North-East roots and will take advantage of a few days off to return to Tyneside this week.

The stylish Manchester United midfielder may have all the bragging rights over his friends and relatives but there is also a heavyness in his heart at the way the Magpies are flying from one catastrophe to another.

"It is a funny time for Newcastle," he said. "As a Geordie myself, I don't really like to see them getting beaten like that.

"They are having a hard time but they are a good-enough club and have good enough people around them to bounce back."

The key question is how long it will take and how high the bounce will be when it eventually arrives.

Certainly there was little evidence against United that, for all the star names in the visitors' squad, there is any semblence of cohesion which could even result in a top-half finish, let alone qualification for Europe as some Newcastle fans seem to think is their right.

In his programme notes, Sir Alex Ferguson made a firm point about Newcastle "gobbling up managers and spitting them out again with hardly a pause" and maybe owner Mike Ashley, who admittedly was not responsible for appointing Sam Allardyce, might consider the words of Britain's longest-serving and most successful boss.

Ferguson has endured plenty of sticky times of his own in 21 years with the Red Devils but his enduring capacity to create winning teams is a testimony not only to his skill but the patience of those who employ him.

It would have been easy for the Glazer family to react in knee-jerk fashion to the massive financial blow of missing out on the Champions League knock-out phase in 2005 at a time when United's fortunes generally were at a pretty low ebb.

Instead, they continued to back Ferguson and are now gaining their reward, not just off the pitch, where they are once again the world's number one club, but on it as United begin their surge towards a 10th Premier League title.

Having star players capable of having a major impact helps of course and in that sense, Cristiano Ronaldo is presently without peer in the English game.

His first United hat-trick took his tally for the season to an incredible 22 and included the all-important opener, an astute free-kick driven under a Newcastle wall which had jumped in unison expecting a high, curling shot.

"It was a clever free-kick," observed Ferguson. "Everyone was expecting Cristiano to lift it over the wall. They all jumped up and he hit it low.

"It was good thinking and deserved a goal."

Having decided it was not worth having his customary bet with the Portugal winger over his final tally, Ferguson finds it difficult to predict how many goals Ronaldo will eventually end up with.

The 22-year-old is only one adrift of last season's tally, which many felt he would not be able to match.

Typically though, Ronaldo dismissed the hat-trick accolades, although he did get the matchball signed.

"Everyone has signed it, so now I can put it in my house," he smiled.

"It is a special day for me. I am proud and happy to score three but it is more important that we are top of the league."

Carrick confirmed United knew before kick-off of Arsenal's failure to beat Birmingham, thus throwing open the door to the Premier League summit.

The response could hardly have been more emphatic.

Once Ronaldo had broken Newcastle's resistance, Carlos Tevez quickly added a second - and repeated his bizarre dummy-sucking celebration. Two more from Ronaldo sandwiched a superb Rio Ferdinand volley before Tevez completed the rout in stoppage time.

"I don't know where Carlos keeps the dummy, he produces it from nowhere," laughed Carrick, before adding: "It is great to see the goals flying in.

"You can't play like that every week but as long as we are trying to do that we will win a lot of games.

"When it does click, any team will struggle to cope with us."

Nice to know his thoughts were with us when he was helping batter us :lol:

Guest newcastle4life

Result sums Newcastle up at the minute letting in six goals shows the new manager wasnt left much of a defence or even an attack.

Result sums Newcastle up at the minute letting in six goals shows the new manager wasnt left much of a defence or even an attack.

Its acutally the midfield thats the major problem (not the only part of the team that could do with a bit of revamping mind you)

Guest bluegeordie

rebel_yell12 link=topic=48656.msg1153407#msg1153407 date=1200210893

Nail on the head, other than the Zog, we must have the slowest and immobile and least creative midfield in the prem. That and coupled with Smith (how many games does it take for the club to notice that he's not now or ever likely to be a midfielder!!).

I lost count of the number of times we gave the ball away when we weren't under any pressure, Butt and Smith (surprise, surprise) especially and then not chasing back to try and make up for their dropped bollock - not that they would have been able to catch anyone though.

I completely agree with these two posts, with the three words in bold added for good measure. Imo, those who want to argue that our forwards aren't up to the job are forced to do so in a complete vacuum at the moment, as it's simply unreasonable to judge them fully and fairly on the basis of the utter shite they're receiving from the midfield. How many times yesterday did Owen have the ball hoofed up to him aimlessly, such that Ferdinand and Vidic were bound to win the header, and to have a sporting chance of injuring him in the process (difficult as that might be to do :coolsmiley:)?

In truth, I thought that with the miniscule opportunities that he had yesterday, Owen looked okay - as a lone forward, he had a perfectly good goal disallowed, and iirc he rarely gave the ball away when he had received it to foot. Okay, he fluffed his lines with that chance in the second half, but ffs, if the rest of our players had only made one mistake each, we wouldn't have lost by a humiliating 6-0 scoreline.

In short, for my money, Owen, Viduka, and Martins are the least of our problems, and the time to judge them is when we have a midfield capable of giving them some service worthy of the name. Surely that has to be the number one priority of our new manager, whoever he, or she, or it turns out to be?     

Guest optimistic nit

if were not careful we're going to kneejerk ourselves into the championship, and i'm talking about the fans here, as well as, if not more than, the board.

just got back,

we were outstanding for the first 45 minutes, but i came back tonight and im not as gutted as i should be...what a game of football i watched in the second half, but we were woeful

nzogbia and taylor were amazing, we (fans) were the 12th man, cant believe how much we sung for getting murdered, NOTICE HOW ONLY TAYLOR APPRECIATED THAT?! why the fuck do the players never come and clap us?!  :rant:

I'm sure Smith would've, if he was still on the pitch.

Well worth the transfer fee, wages and total lack of ability, his skills at clapping, and crap sliding tackles.