The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bookmakers are indeed speculation, but what speculation are they reacting to? There is nothing on talksport or skysports (i'm sad enough to have both on!) and all articles are pointing towards Redknapp joining, so the flow of money away from Redknapp can only be linked to some kind of inside info... remember betfair isn't your standard bookmaker, it's private people betting against each other.

He is on top of the list but his odds are longer. As i speak

Redknapp: 5.2

Shearer: 5.1

Hughes: 4.3

Not being patronising, but I think you are fairly new here and havent sat through this forum during other periods of management change.

Having watched the last three appointments, I have observed people reacting to changes of bookmakers odds, and after a while, you realise that these changes mean absolutely nothing.

For the odds to go out that much someone must know something..

like it or not bookies arent daft!

Someone says that every time, yet in reality, nothing has changed most ofthe time.

I know what you mean, but the odds dont drift that far without there being something in it

SSN's are picking up on the betting swing.

Well done Pete  :thup:

Talksport have been discussing it for 10 mins too... It's my sadness at having barely slept with SSN and betfair on in the background... I'm doing 50 days without drinking so gambling has become my new addiction!

Bookmakers are indeed speculation, but what speculation are they reacting to? There is nothing on talksport or skysports (i'm sad enough to have both on!) and all articles are pointing towards Redknapp joining, so the flow of money away from Redknapp can only be linked to some kind of inside info... remember betfair isn't your standard bookmaker, it's private people betting against each other.

He is on top of the list but his odds are longer. As i speak

Redknapp: 5.2

Shearer: 5.1

Hughes: 4.3

Not being patronising, but I think you are fairly new here and havent sat through this forum during other periods of management change.

Having watched the last three appointments, I have observed people reacting to changes of bookmakers odds, and after a while, you realise that these changes mean absolutely nothing.

Nope, not patronising at all, just trying to get my head round it all, normally follow management changes via tv / websites but rarely on forums. To be honest, my main obsession with the gambling sites at the moment is a strong belief that if you react to breaking news you can make a lot of money. Having sat and watched Betfair basically solidly for the last 3 days i am learning a lot about how the market works and i have been doing similar for other clubs, albeit with less interest as i don't follow them.

Whilst tipping someone to take the job is always conjecture and will often be wrong, when odds fly away from someone more often than not that means that there is something in it. I understand your scepticism and maybe you can educate me by telling me all the managers that have come following their odd flying out when they were previously favourites. That's a genuine question, i'm here to learn as much as i can to be honest!

Cant really recall people whose odds have gone out, I always remember those ones that have gone in and caused a frenzy such as Hoddle, Jones, Houllier, O'Neill, Le Guen, and this other German manager that wasn't Hitzfeld.

He was offered the job

hahahaha.... 30-1 now, i think this whole thing has been ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS! i don't think there has been any approach, anything, what a f****** joke!

Sorry, you were right. I was wrong.

There are no actual quotes saying he was offered other than SSN no?

And James, don't apologise mate, no one can call which way SSN will sway and that seems to be what rules all...

He was offered the job

hahahaha.... 30-1 now, i think this whole thing has been ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS! i don't think there has been any approach, anything, what a f****** joke!

And James, don't apologise mate, no one can call which way SSN will sway and that seems to be what rules all...

Based on a face to face interview though. He apparently said that we made a fantastic offer.

He was offered the job

Make him apologise more man!