The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

more piece of bullshit, no quotes, there's nothing at all to back their claims, the same 1's that we're said earlier

it's fairly good knowledge he was in london with family and friends tonight as well

Although the driver of the car in that photo does look like Kemsley.

In Hong Kong with Ashley?

more piece of bullshit, no quotes, there's nothing at all to back their claims, the same 1's that we're said earlier

it's fairly good knowledge he was in london with family and friends tonight as well

In Hong Kong with Ashley?

Kemsley is in the UK. He was on FiveLive yesterday.

It looks like it was Dennis Roach who phoned Oliver before blowing Morts socks off.  :lol:

Anyone got any photos of Roach? :lol:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1310/roachmv6.jpg

Cheers. Will have to add him somewhere.

Isn't that Roy Hodgson in 5 years time?

thts the photo of him being driven away by storrie earlier

That isn't Storrie.

It was him being driven away from training though, i think the press may have spotted that and made slightly more of it had it been Kelmsley / an agent. Why the fuck is this spud suddenly deciding our future anyway? I don't like it at all, i don't care if him and Ashley are mates, i want him out the picture.

Interesting that the back of tomo's papers are a lot more ifs/buts than yesterdays blanket 'he's definitely going'

That isn't Storrie.

It was him being driven away from training though, i think the press may have spotted that and made slightly more of it had it been Kelmsley / an agent. Why the fuck is this spud suddenly deciding our future anyway? I don't like it at all, i don't care if him and Ashley are mates, i want him out the picture.

Interesting that the back of tomo's papers are a lot more ifs/buts than yesterdays blanket 'he's definitely going'

Kemsley is an ex-Spud.

Guest Micktoon

Allardyce=Redknapp=Allardyce=Redknapp=Tedium=Apathy. Fail to see the point of getting shot Allardyce and replacing him with his older brother Jabba Redknapp.

That isn't Storrie.

It was him being driven away from training though, i think the press may have spotted that and made slightly more of it had it been Kelmsley / an agent. Why the f*** is this spud suddenly deciding our future anyway? I don't like it at all, i don't care if him and Ashley are mates, i want him out the picture.

Kemsley is an ex-Spud.

Yes, supposedly so he can go to the US and start his property investment business... Why is he still here? Getting involved in our business? He supposedly didn't have time to work for Spurs so quit, now he's commenting on us and people are saying he's helping negotiate for our manager. Not particularly keen on it to be honest, no matter how good a mates him and Ashley are. It's like Sam Allardyce inviting Sammy Lee down to pick our team straight after Lee had left Bolton... Probably would have been better, mind

That isn't Storrie.

It was him being driven away from training though, i think the press may have spotted that and made slightly more of it had it been Kelmsley / an agent. Why the f*** is this spud suddenly deciding our future anyway? I don't like it at all, i don't care if him and Ashley are mates, i want him out the picture.

Kemsley is an ex-Spud.

Yes, supposedly so he can go to the US and start his property investment business... Why is he still here? Getting involved in our business? He supposedly didn't have time to work for Spurs so quit, now he's commenting on us and people are saying he's helping negotiate for our manager. Not particularly keen on it to be honest, no matter how good a mates him and Ashley are. It's like Sam Allardyce inviting Sammy Lee down to pick our team straight after Lee had left Bolton... Probably would have been better, mind

Its not up to you to be honest.

If you had a mate in the same line as business as you, and he was out of work, and your organisation needed help from someone with your mates expertise, you would bring him in to help out.

That isn't Storrie.

Kemsley is an ex-Spud.

Its not up to you to be honest.

If you had a mate in the same line as business as you, and he was out of work, and your organisation needed help from someone with your mates expertise, you would bring him in to help out.

and thats if any of it is true

HARRY REDKNAPP wants Jermain Defoe to kick-start his Newcastle revolution.

Redknapp moved a step closer to replacing Sam Allardyce as Toon chief yesterday when he ducked questions about his future — by doing a runner from Portsmouth’s training ground.

The Pompey boss is hoping to fit in talks with Magpies owner Mike Ashley over the weekend and will tell the St James’ supremo to buy

£8million-rated Tottenham striker Defoe for starters.

Defenders Sol Campbell and Pascal Chimbonda are also on Redknapp’s radar.

England hitman Defoe, 25, has been told by Spurs boss Juande Ramos he can leave White Hart Lane.

And that has given Redknapp the signal to try and bag the man he took through the ranks when he was in charge at West Ham.

With Michael Owen’s fitness problems refusing to go away, the Toon could do with Defoe to bolster their attacking ranks.

Redknapp, meanwhile, is in no rush and will wait until he meets Ashley to hear his plans and hammer out a deal which would see him bag a £20m four-year deal.

Redknapp was due to hold his regular pre-match Press briefing at Portsmouth’s training ground but sped away from the gathered media in chief executive Peter Storrie’s Mercedes after Newcastle made a move.

SunSport understands an official approach was turned down by Pompey chiefs but that means Redknapp will resign at Fratton Park and become Newcastle boss in time for Wednesday’s FA Cup replay with Stoke.

Pompey coach Joe Jordan insists Redknapp, 60, will be in the Pompey dugout at Sunderland tomorrow.

Jordan said: “Harry will be in charge of the team on Sunday. He is up there at the moment but I expect him to still be here because he has not said anything about leaving.

“It does not come as a surprise that Newcastle are interested. It is a big job — but so is Portsmouth.”

Storrie said: “Harry is our manager. Harry is the manager we see going forward.

“But if he suddenly comes to us and says ‘I really, really want to leave Portsmouth’ that is a different scenario.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article680397.ece

Sky definitely hedging their bets at the moment like. I'd absolutely love it if it turned out they, and Oliver, were talking bollocks.

Unlikely though.

Aren't bookmakers still taking bets for Redknapp?

That is weird considering how quickly bets were closed for previous NUFC managers.

Its almost as if people could be sent down a blind Redknapp alley at the bookies.

I'm not claiming it's up to me, i just don't like him being involved. If Ashley is as savvy as we all (myself included) keep giving him credit for then he'll hopefully be more sensible than to just trust everything Kelmsley tells him and make sure he does his own research.

And agreed, this is on the proviso it's all true, i am being sucked in to sky sports following 7 solid hours...

Guest neesy111

Sky definitely hedging their bets at the moment like. I'd absolutely love it if it turned out they, and Oliver, were talking bollocks.

Unlikely though.

Aren't bookmakers still taking bets for Redknapp?

That is weird considering how quickly bets were closed for previous NUFC managers.

Its almost as if people could be sent down a blind Redknapp alley at the bookies.

not at the moment, because anything could happen in the middle of the night, which could lose them millions, only betfair is and redknapp is starting to fall and shearer starting to go up

Harry Redknapp's old boss Milan Mandaric believes the Portsmouth manager is at a "crossroads" in his life - and he expects him to move in the direction of Newcastle.

Mandaric anticipates the lure of huge amounts of money to spend at St James' Park will outweigh any concerns Redknapp might have about leaving the comfort of Portsmouth to succeed Sam Allardyce as Newcastle manager.

Although there has been no official confirmation from Newcastle or Redknapp that the offer of a job has been made, Mandaric - owner of Leicester and ex-chairman at Portsmouth - appears to have little doubt his old manager will take the challenge.

"Unfortunately I do think he will go," Mandaric told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"I think Harry is at a crossroads. He has the opportunity, if he wants to get it out of his system to go to a bigger club with lots of money."

Mandaric himself will nonetheless have mixed feelings if Redknapp does decide to end an era on the south coast.

He warns too that there are no guarantees for anyone considering the prospect of succeeding Allardyce - who lasted only eight months in charge at Newcastle before he had to move on as patience ran out on a season which seems likely to end, as have many others, with a mid-table outcome on Tyneside.

"It would break my heart if he leaves my old club Portsmouth - it's a great club," said Mandaric.

"It will not be a picnic there either - so Harry had better be prepared for it."

Redknapp's former Portsmouth assistant Jim Smith - himself an ex-Newcastle manager too - confirmed he has discussed the situation with his old friend.

"It is something I think Harry is weighing up - whether, if he doesn't (accept an offer from Newcastle), he will always regret it," he said.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes missing out on the England job could prove to be the spur for Redknapp to take the Newcastle job.

"Harry is intelligent enough to know what to do," said Ferguson.

"It is a bit difficult choice for him because he has a wonderful set-up down on the south coast. He has a lovely house and his wife is settled there, so there is a decision to make.

"Certainly, there was a lot of support for him to get the England job, so it may have disappointed him when he did not get in the frame for that.

"The Newcastle job has come along straight after that disappointment so he may think he must take this one. I don't know that for certain but this is the dilemma that will face him."

sportinglife

I'm not claiming it's up to me, i just don't like him being involved. If Ashley is as savvy as we all (myself included) keep giving him credit for then he'll hopefully be more sensible than to just trust everything Kelmsley tells him and make sure he does his own research.

And agreed, this is on the proviso it's all true, i am being sucked in to sky sports following 7 solid hours...

Kemsley is a lot lot more experienced than Ashley and Mort when it comes to football.

His advice could especially be appreciated when Ashley is out of the country.

They all like to get their two penneth in dont they. Everyone has a comment to make.

Do they all answer the journo's questions because they are ITK or do they not have the intelligence to say "sorry, thats a pure speculation story so I cannot possibly talk about it" ??

Kemsley is a lot lot more experienced than Ashley and Mort when it comes to football.

His advice could especially be appreciated when Ashley is out of the country.

I'm pretty sure Ashley's presence in the country is irrelevant - he wouldn't have flown out if he thought leaving would be detrimental / leave him relying on others - it would make no sense. He chose to fire Allardyce when he did.

Kemsley is more experienced you're right, but experience doesn't necessarily make you a better judge - and here we are in the same argument as to what makes a good manager! I would rather Ashley and Mort made their own decision - yes, they might not have been in football long but they've been long enough to make a decision as ruthless as to kick allardyce out when they have, so they should now make their own decision on the replacement. I do trust them, but worry that listening to Ashley's mate could cloud Ashley's judgment. He would hate it as much as us if in a year's time we're stuck with a huge bill paying off Redknapp for failing when it wasn't his gut decision but that of his mate's and he just went along with it as he thought he knew best.

Randy Lerner was totally new to football and this country and he still had the nous to get O'Neill in, I don't buy into Ashley / Mort not knowing enough about what they're doing and having to turn to others for help.