The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not claiming it's up to me, i just don't like him being involved. If Ashley is as savvy as we all (myself included) keep giving him credit for then he'll hopefully be more sensible than to just trust everything Kelmsley tells him and make sure he does his own research.

And agreed, this is on the proviso it's all true, i am being sucked in to sky sports following 7 solid hours...

Kemsley is a lot lot more experienced than Ashley and Mort when it comes to football.

His advice could especially be appreciated when Ashley is out of the country.

yeah thats right ,he's out of the country so uncontactable ?

kemsley may have been in the football game longer but its a business aswell

Ian Wright has say :razz:

IAN WRIGHT insists Sam Allardyce should have been given more time at Newcastle.

Allardyce was sacked earlier this week after just eight months in charge at St James' Park.

And Wright believes the ex-Bolton boss would have lasted longer if the Toon Army had been more supportive.

The Arsenal legend said: "Newcastle seem to have had more managers than anybody else in the last 10 years.

"Something's got to be happening there to cause the problems they're having — and I think it's the fans.

"The expectations are very high but I don't know what they're based on because Newcastle haven't won anything for a long time.

"It's weighing the whole place down and I think they need to be more realistic about their ambitions and what they can achieve.

"The fans need to be a little bit more patient."

Click below to watch a full video interview with Sun columnist Wrighty

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article678073.ece

I'm not claiming it's up to me, i just don't like him being involved. If Ashley is as savvy as we all (myself included) keep giving him credit for then he'll hopefully be more sensible than to just trust everything Kelmsley tells him and make sure he does his own research.

And agreed, this is on the proviso it's all true, i am being sucked in to sky sports following 7 solid hours...

Kemsley is a lot lot more experienced than Ashley and Mort when it comes to football.

His advice could especially be appreciated when Ashley is out of the country.

yeah thats right ,he's out of the country so uncontactable ?

kemsley may have been in the football game longer but its a business aswell

Whether he's contactable is irrelevent.

The fact is that the club have an extra pair of eyes and ears to take in and analyse every detail as events unfold.

If Redknapp gets it I am trying to work out his motivation.

Is is that he genuinely wants the opportunity to work at club where football envelopes the whole community and is the centre of everything (not wanting to belittling to Portsmouth but I think its fair tosay the mentality towards football in general amongst the footballing puclic is different in the 2 cities)... + win a 1st trophy for the club in a million years

or is he just thinking, its a nice chance for one last big pay day before I start settling down by the seaside.

For fear of raising Jose's name, with him, you genuinely feel that he wants to rule the world but with Harry and probably most other managers, you dont get that sense of real desire and I think thats the one quality that we are looking for.

Keegan early on said, tongue in cheek, "Look out Ferguson, here we come".. he was driven to try and make us the best.

I am worried about what Harry feels he would  get out of the move.

I am sure they are all driven to succeed in their onw way but I just dont know

Guest alankhaw

We need a manager whom can challenge the likes of Fergie, Wenger, Benitez, Ramos etc. Not someone who looks up to them and wants to be them

Is is that he genuinely wants the opportunity to work at club where football envelopes the whole community and is the centre of everything (not wanting to belittling to Portsmouth but I think its fair tosay the mentality towards football in general amongst the footballing puclic is different in the 2 cities)... + win a 1st trophy for the club in a million years

or is he just thinking, its a nice chance for one last big pay day before I start settling down by the seaside.

For fear of raising Jose's name, with him, you genuinely feel that he wants to rule the world but with Harry and probably most other managers, you dont get that sense of real desire and I think thats the one quality that we are looking for.

Keegan early on said, tongue in cheek, "Look out Ferguson, here we come".. he was driven to try and make us the best.

It could be that doesn't feel Portsmouth will back him in the transfer window as well as Ashley can / will. It's probably about the pay cheque, though. I don't know how much he makes at Pompey, but you would be pretty hard pressed to turn down the kind of money that's being talked about if you're Redknapp.

Bit of both i imagine, i think he'd rue like any british manager not having the oppurtunity to have a big job and after missing out on the england job im sure he'd like a bit of redemption for the FA overlooking him.

Also, he;s one of the lowest paid managers in the league and with this appointment with the figures being quoted could become one of the richest, i dont know of person in the world who would turn down the oppurtunity to have there wage doubled or tripled with the added bonus of doing a job they'd really want.

To be honest i cant help but feel that the club are towing the "attractive football" criteria. It'd be a shame because i wouldnt want our success to be primarily based on finance but rather have the success of the club based on the managers skill.

keegans downfall was all or nothing, jose would be all or nothing, 'arry's would be money or nothing

keegans downfall was all or nothing, jose would be all or nothing, 'arry's would be money or nothing

I think at the minute that all or nothing attitude is probably what would appease everyone

Guest nufcfan76

If either story of 'Aarry coming or Defoe following him have any truth to them they will be THE BIGGEST mistakes of the century for this club- The cockney is crap and Defoe is a token buy while niether doing anything to strengthen our name, leaky defense, toothless attack or fix poor finishing or lack of creativity going forward. This is madness and speculation of the highest order. If Ashley and Mort say they listen to the fans they hear crazy voices inside their heads.  :idiot2:

There will be hell to pay at tomorrow's game.

If either story of 'Aarry coming or Defoe following him have any truth to them they will be THE BIGGEST mistakes of the century for this club- The cockney is crap and Defoe is a token buy while niether doing anything to strengthen our name, leaky defense, toothless attack or fix poor finishing or lack of creativity going forward. This is madness and speculation of the highest order. If Ashley and Mort say they listen to the fans they hear crazy voices inside their heads.  :idiot2:

so far the only crazy voices are those of the press....what have you heard from  mort/ashley ?

If either story of 'Aarry coming or Defoe following him have any truth to them they will be THE BIGGEST mistakes of the century for this club- The cockney is crap and Defoe is a token buy while niether doing anything to strengthen our name, leaky defense, toothless attack or fix poor finishing or lack of creativity going forward. This is madness and speculation of the highest order. If Ashley and Mort say they listen to the fans they hear crazy voices inside their heads.  :idiot2:

Going to go to bed tonight convincing myself that Defoe is definitely a Portsmouth style signing/player

Going to go to bed tonight convincing myself that Defoe is definitely a Portsmouth style singing/player

dont go to bed before stopping defoe singing

Going to go to bed tonight convincing myself that Defoe is definitely a Portsmouth style singing/player

dont go to bed before stopping defoe singing

:laugh: Oops  :blush:

If either story of 'Aarry coming or Defoe following him have any truth to them they will be THE BIGGEST mistakes of the century for this club

pffft.  I'm sure we can find better and more exciting ways to embarrass ourselves in the coming 92 years. 

I'm not half sick of all this talk already, I'd take him just to shut everyone up

Going to go to bed tonight convincing myself that Defoe is definitely a Portsmouth style signing/player

:clap:

Looks like Harry and most of his senior staff, followed by Defoe and Chimbonda for starters.

dissapointing is an understatement, but I guess we just have to find a way to live with it, Hell its not as if we arent used to mediocrity. Wonder if we will have a bit more ambition in 18months time if he lasts.

I still think I'd rather stick with Pearson as an interim manager until July and then take Hitzfeld.  Hitzfeld has been confirmed as being replaced so now would be the time to approach him.

He's pretty much confirmed to be taking the Swiss job. Said Bayern would be his last club job.