If it's Redknapp?

Dokko

What happens next?

Are we going to get a busy transfer window?

Is Ashley going to back him to the hilt and just ask to be entertained?

Is he a stop gap who can bring a bit of excitement back into the club?

How do the fans react?

Fuk the initial disappointment that its not the major score we wanted, but if he can improve the football and in turn improve the results while we bring in loads of players Citeh style, then it could be a decent period of us.

I wanted better, i wanted a massive change in direction, its not massive, but i think it could work simply due to Ashley wanting to back his own man, regardless of who that man is, and in fact Harry might be good for that relationship due to the style of football he plays.

He will start the job with the fans already 50/50 on him, he needs to hit the ground running with wins as anything else and the fans WILL immediately turn, this is far from impressive, its up to him now to put egg on faces.

If they have appointed so quickly then I imagine there will be a big transfer budget. Also would redknapp come here with nothing to spend at all I don't think he would. I hope still that it is not him but it all points to it being him now like. The papers and sky have got wind of something by the looks of it. Unless it is a smokescreen (fingers crossed)

What happens next?

Are we going to get a busy transfer window?

Is Ashley going to back him to the hilt and just ask to be entertained?

Is he a stop gap who can bring a bit of excitement back into the club?

How do the fans react?

Fuk the initial disappointment that its not the major score we wanted, but if he can improve the football and in turn improve the results while we bring in loads of players Citeh style, then it could be a decent period of us.

I wanted better, i wanted a massive change in direction, its not massive, but i think it could work simply due to Ashley wanting to back his own man, regardless of who that man is, and in fact Harry might be good for that relationship due to the style of football he plays.

He's the man he wanted, he'll give him money.

it will be interesting to see what happens when redknapp inevitably fails and the fans start giving him some serious flak. wouldn't be suprised if ashley got sick, pissed off at the fans for attacking his mate and sells up.

He'll be fairly stop gap.  He's 61 in 2 months time.

I think he's a 2.5 season man tops.

In that time he's to get us back into Europe playing attacking football spending lots of money.

If that's the plan then it could be a good one.

I really dont feel over joyed about this as with everyone else I thought the up heaval midseason would point more towards a massive switch. I hope he does get 20-30 million this window or raids portsmouth I have liked the club for a couple of season and certainly they have been going from strenght to strength in the prem in terms of results (although that adds to the question why the fuck come to us). If we have to have him then everyone back him and see what he can do.

If it's Redknapp he'll sign 11 players by the end of the transfer window.  In the summer he'll sign another 11.  No-one will leave.  Before long our squad will be about 60 strong.  That's what Harry does.

What about the fact he's supposedly Kemsley's mate? Ashley might give him loads of money but what happens when there's the inevitable bad patch, and pressure - how will Ashley react then?

I'm just trying to cheer people up, me FFS, i just don't think its as bad as we 1st thought, only disappointed because we wanted more.

Realistically we'll enjoy the football under him than previous, if he's backed we could go places, its up to Ashley to give him a good start.

Depends how much Ashley throws at it. If we don't outspend everyone else then we're never going to into the top 4 and the fans will never be happy, I can't see Redknapp lasting another long rebuilding process.

Guest Knightrider

I can't see how it can work. Vast majority of fans will be against this so he will have to win games quickly, he'll probably bring in lots of new faces which means he will chop and change to find that winning team resulting in inconsistency and mid-table finish.

You're swapping like for like. Should have stuck with Sam until the summer when we'd have had better options. I say that, I think Ashley was swept away by their 4-1 win over us and Kemsley's patter so he's probably the new Jose Mourinho in his eyes.

Fuckety fuck.

Gets til the end of the season for me.

Guest elbee909

One of back pages on Redknapp

"Private jet"

"You can go for Chimbonda"

"3m compensation"

Chimbonda, eh?  Woo-fucking-hoo.  Street party.