Chimbonda

NSG

"Go on Hazza, be wor Gaffer, i'll even sign *thinks up most random signing ever* to sweeten the deal."

Wonder what Nicky Butt thinks of that after their handbags at White Fart Lane.

He's just as comfortable at CB, I think Beye and Faye would be an excellent pairing.

Agreed. One think we've missed for a long while (apart from skill) is pace in our back line. Having Beye and Chimbonda in there would certainly help.

He's just as comfortable at CB, I think Beye and Faye would be an excellent pairing.

I'd rather just buy a CB*, and keep an excellent player at his most excellent, at right-back.

*Well, i'd rather we forgot defensive re-inforcements and concentrated on the midfield...

Agreed. One think we've missed for a long while (apart from skill) is pace in our back line. Having Beye and Chimbonda in there would certainly help.

Faye, Taylor, Enrique and Beye is a pretty quick backline tbh!

Taylor and Enrique are hardly quick.

Disagree entirely with that. Taylor not so much, granted (he's certainly not slow), but i think Enrique's definitely got a good turn of pace. Infact i was quite surprised in the Stoke match how comfortable he was with the right-winger - his pace won him through in that game because his distribution was pretty poor.

Disagree entirely with that. Taylor not so much, granted (he's certainly not slow), but i think Enrique's definitely got a good turn of pace. Infact i was quite surprised in the Stoke match how comfortable he was with the right-winger - his pace won him through in that game because his distribution was pretty poor.

I don't think he was hardly tested as Stoke went after Rozehnal at right back and put most of their play down that side.

I wouldn't be surprised if Redknapp didn't get rid of Enrique for a more athletic player that can get up and down better.

I don't think he was hardly tested as Stoke went after Rozehnal at right back and put most of their play down that side.

I wouldn't be surprised if Redknapp didn't get rid of Enrique for a more athletic player that can get up and down better.

Surprised at you saying that. 1, he's not played enough to make a firm judgement. 2, but when he has played he has looked quick. ???

Guest kingdawson

It really baffles me, why on earth were actually willing to let him go. Was excellent last season but not been as good this year. Still a quality player and i still think he'll be with us come the end of this window.

It really baffles me, why on earth were actually willing to let him go. Was excellent last season but not been as good this year. Still a quality player and i still think he'll be with us come the end of this window.

How much is Chimbonda supposed to be available for anyway?

Guest kingdawson

How much is Chimbonda supposed to be available for anyway?

Dont think we'll sell for anything less then £6 million tbh. Saying that, i think we may probably ask for more as its the january window.

We shouldn't sign Chimbonda on the basis he runs like Forrest Gump  :cheesy:

Will give a nice balance in the squad until he tee's one up and Taylor heads it in, then Bubba and Forrest take centre stage.

Not sure if he is worth it, would improve the squad definately, but will make noises as soon as he is left out.

Sounds like he might be off to villa though.

We shouldn't sign Chimbonda on the basis he runs like Forrest Gump  :cheesy:

Will give a nice balance in the squad until he tee's one up and Taylor heads it in, then Bubba and Forrest take centre stage.

Not sure if he is worth it, would improve the squad definately, but will make noises as soon as he is left out.

Sounds like he might be off to villa though.

:lol:

I'm just not in favour of signing someone whose arms move twice as fast as their legs.  It reminds me of John Barnes too much

* Shudder *

"Go on Hazza, be wor Gaffer, i'll even sign *thinks up most random signing ever* to sweeten the deal."

Wonder what Nicky Butt thinks of that after their handbags at White Fart Lane.

Fuck sake.