Mark Hughes, Martin Jol or Harry Redknapp ?

Guest nufc_geordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest nufc_geordie

Just thinking about our present situation it is entirely feasible that Ashley/Mort will knock on the doors of Blackburn and Portsmouth respectively and be told in no uncertain terms to get lost. If this happened would the appointment of Martin Jol be that bad?

Personally I would have him as my no. 1 choice. He took a struggling Spurs squad and turned it into comfortably the best of the rest. they easily finished 5th twice in a row and almost pipped Arsenal into fourth in one of those campaigns. he plays an expansive attacking game with pace and flair, and at Newcastle he should be able to run things the way he wants, without a director of football making transfers for him.

I for one would certainly like to see this route pursued!

Guest elbee909

Just thinking about our present situation it is entirely feasible that Ashley/Mort will knock on the doors of Blackburn and Portsmouth respectively and be told in no uncertain terms to get lost. If this happened would the appointment of Martin Jol be that bad?

Personally I would have him as my no. 1 choice. He took a struggling Spurs squad and turned it into comfortably the best of the rest. they easily finished 5th twice in a row and almost pipped Arsenal into fourth in one of those campaigns. he plays an expansive attacking game with pace and flair, and at Newcastle he should be able to run things the way he wants, without a director of football making transfers for him.

I for one would certainly like to see this route pursued!

Wouldn't be wholly against it.  Think he was sacked with less reason than Sam was.

Think it’s a bit harsh to blame Jol for what went wrong money-wise. From the sounds of most reports Commoli was the one that spunked the money up the wall, not Jol. My fear with Jol would be his tactical naivety – he had an awful record against the top 4.

Guest nufc_geordie

Did he really spend the money though or was that Arneson and Commolli running the show. Either way his appraoch to coaching and team performance seem to be along the lines we as Newcastle fans would like to see!

Guest Guinness

Wouldn't be wholly against it, but just like everyone else we've been linked with serious questions about Sam's sacking would have to be asked if we were to end up with Jol. Out of the people we are being linked with Martin Jol actually looks a quite attractive proposition.

Did he really spend the money though or was that Arneson and Commolli running the show. Either way his appraoch to coaching and team performance seem to be along the lines we as Newcastle fans would like to see!

Exactly.  Canny bloke as well, not an utter cunt like Arry.

Exactly.  Canny bloke as well, not an utter c*** like Arry.

Yep, I'd take Jol over Redknapp any day. As far as I understand it the bad transfer decisions were not Jol's fault.