Ashley has failed Newcastle United.

Parky

Ive asked this before and he always goes quiet.

At one point i genuiney had my suspicions that he was Freddy Shephard. True story.

I'm Shepherd!

So are you saying that in hindsight, it was a good decision to get rid of SBR because he ended up getting cancer and would of been useless for us? I cant tell you how silly an argument this is. There is a hell of a lot of assumpiton in what you've said.

You're speculating about what state the club would be in if we hadn't sacked Robson, and complaining when I use what actually happened in real life to point out the consequences of that decision?

Okay, I'll just leave you to your dream world where we're top of the premiership and Robson has just led us into the quarter finals of the Champions League on our way to the defense of the cup.

Wow, that is stifling arrogance right there.

Just cut out an entire post why dont you.

There is no speculaion about the state of the club had SBR stayed on whatsoever, however there is reasoning as to why we are inthe situation we are in now due to that decision. Call it a chain reaction.

SBR gets sacked when he doesnt deserve it in my opinion, to make matters worse the club handle the situation abdominably, the job becomes a poison chalice. We end up with Souness.

Are you honeslty saying that we would of ended up in the exact same situation we are in now had we kept SBR on for however long it may of been?

Can you not see how the appointment of a manager of Souness' calibre was a direct result of SBR getting sacked and in the manner he did.

Ive asked this before and he always goes quiet.

At one point i genuiney had my suspicions that he was Freddy Shephard. True story.

I'm Shepherd!

No seriously, do you know his link to Freddy Shephard becasue he's gone quiet again.

SBR gets sacked when he doesnt deserve it in my opinion, to make matters worse the club handle the situation abdominably, the job becomes a poison chalice. We end up with Souness.

The guts of your argument is the board didn't have the gall to sack him at the start of the season or the stomache to let him continue indefinately?

The "manner" of Robson's sacking as a deterent to getting a new manager in is a massive red herring. When has the manner of the previous manager's sacking stopped a new manager taking the job? Houllier -> Benitez? Ranieri ->Mourinho? Jol -> Ramos?

Whatever your opinion of Sir Bob, sacking him clearly didn't work. The decline continued and in fact accelerated.

That indicates that there were other problems. IMO they were the related issues of Shearer carrying on too long and Shepherd interfering with the manager's job.

As long as the chairman learns from his mistakes, something which Shepherd never learned to do, I'll be very happy.

At the moment, *the only mistake hes made is not sacking Big Sam sooner and bringing Keegan in before the opening of the January transfer window.

The significant mistake, amidst all the transfer strategy cautiousness delivered by Mort & Ashley which has already been cited, which may well bring about our relegation.

That mistake is the one that counts the most. That one month will go down as a 'not to do' blueprint for other clubs to go by. If we survive the drop, and if Keegan isn't sufficiently backed - surely promises must've have been made when considering the manner in which Keegan originally left - in the Summer as far as i'm concerned Ashley can bring in the scaffolders have them remove his "...... Direct" advertising and sell-up & bugger off, sooner rather than later that is.

*Yet some many people still can't see the point. I guess 'not being Freddy Shepherd' is one factor, along with all the other stuff ie. Ashley's "i stand as the leader of Toon Army - i bleed as they do" warcry in the press and by getting down & dirty in the terraces and generally coming across as your everyday grassroots supporter.... and the debt reduction issue is also a relevant point, which weighs in Ashley & Mort's favour at the minute.

This idea that because we couldn't buy in the January transfer window, we have endangered the club's Premier future sounds damning, but when you look at the actual circumstances it was perfectly understandable. The money wasn't going to be released to Allardyce because we didn't want to buy any more Smiths, Bartons or Nolans etc. He was sacked for abysmal results during an easy early fixture list (KK's now suffering the consequences). Keegan couldn't get in the players he wanted in a very short space of time, and here we are.

What could we have done differently? Kept Allardyce which would have meant starting again in the summer. Is that the argument?

not making excuse after excuse for not recognising a serous situation and putting the club in danger of relegation would be a start.

Quite amazing the hypocrisy on here. People slating Shepherd for not splashing cash every time we lose, then complaining about debts and saying Ashley did right not to waste money on a team in relegation trouble.

Then we have the sacking of a manager at a "bad time", where the last regime was absolutely slaughtered for it.

It would really appear that being a fat bastard who eats all the pies is the ultimate crime, and  you can get away with anything else.

So your objections are

1) That Allardyce was sacked at a bad time, meaning you must believe that appointing Keegan was a mistake, seeing as Allardyce should still be boss in your own words. In which case:

2) Allardyce should have been given serious money to spend in January, regardless of the fact he wasted £18m on Smith, Enrique and Barton?

This is where you're reasoning seems to be leading. Fair enough but your hypocrisy is astounding as you were more than happy enough at the time when Keegan was appointed. Once again people making arguments armed with shitloads of hindsight.

Hindsight in what exactly ?

I have ALWAYS said there is no such thing as a "bad time" to boot out a manager who has to go, nor is there any such thing as a "bad time" to appoint a new one if he's the right man. Look through my posts if you don't believe me. This is absolutely proven by the fact that I disagreed with loads of people who constantly moaned on about the fat bastard getting his timing wrong, and other such bollocks, see Allardyce having all the summer to "plan", the new board having all summer to "plan" [which a huge amount of people insisted would see us in good stead this season. You tell me what has happened. So much for "timing" and "planning".

Yes I'm happy with Keegan. If he stays.

No I'm not happy with the comments coming out of Ashleys mouthpiece which seem to be saying that the club are operating a sell to buy policy, and appear to be hoping that we are going to find the best young players all over the world before anybody else and win loads of trophies in 10 years time when they all become the new Gazza. Aye, right.  mackems.gif

The club failed to respond to an increasingly serious predicament ie a looming relegation battle, whereby Ashleys mouthpiece said a month or so before the transfer deadline that if the club buys any players they would be players for the future.

If YOU can't see these points, its YOUR problem, but continue slating the fat bastard for eating all the pies while the replacements struggle to match the results, european qualifications and league positions the club gained under the old regime and continuing to delude yourself they are "better" just because you don't like the fat bastard.

Basically, they aren't as good as the old board until they have proved it by virtue of those european and Champions League qualifications. This is not rocket science. Neither is the fact that they have so far shown only a distinct lack of awareness of what it takes to do it.

Do you always talk out of both sides of your mouth? Nice party trick  :pow:

The funny thing about Baggio is that somewhere on this board he's already said if we go down we "deserve to go down" or was it Mick? Pretty casual like with statements like that. Relegation would be a catastrophe.

In my mind it's clear.

Mashley hedged with SA and did make statements about money coming in first...If they weren't going to support SA fully they should have got rid of him earlier. But ideally they should have waited till the summer. In some ways and without trying to sound dramatic they have without realising it gambled with our PL status.

Mort on the business and administration side of things has done a good job, but they haven't really fully understood the football side of things. I accept they are still learning.

The funny thing about Baggio is that somewhere on this board he's already said if we go down we "deserve to go down" or was it Mick? Pretty casual like with statements like that. Relegation would be a catastrophe.

In my mind it's clear.

Mashley hedged with SA and did make statements about money coming in first...If they weren't going to support SA fully they should have got rid of him earlier. But ideally they should have waited till the summer. In some ways and without trying to sound dramatic they have without realising it gambled with our PL status.

Mort on the business and administration side of things has done a good job, but they haven't really fully understood the football side of things. I accept they are still learning.

Word.  :thup:

Fair comment that Parky.

This post brought to you by Invisible Posts - 'Post your opinion and ensure it is ignored with Invisible Posts! Available now, exclusively from NE5'.

Fair comment that Parky.

This post brought to you by Invisible Posts - 'Post your opinion and ensure it is ignored with Invisible Posts! Available now, exclusively from NE5'.

:lol:

In my mind it's clear.

However, if we're relegated it is due to the failure of the players and managers (both of them). SA had enough of a squad to do better and KK had the money to improve it but chose not to. The Board don't pick the team nor do they determine tactics.

In my mind it's clear.

Ashley hedged with Sam, but as he'd just been appointed manager by Shepherd, it would have been unrealistic to sack him immediately. It was common sense to give him a chance, I don't see how anyone could argue otherwise. He was backed with money in the summer as well. We bought Barton, Smith and Enrique for significant money, despite being handicapped by having to clear off so much debt in such a short space of time. Big Sam went on record as saying how grateful he was to have been given the backing iirc. At this point let's not forget, relegation was not in anybody's mind. The reason given for sacking Allardyce in January was to give the new manager time to assess the squad in readiness for next season. What good would it have done to kept Allardyce as manager in limbo? Are there any guarantees he would have got better results?

In my mind it's clear.

If you use the search button you will see that I've not said we deserve to go down at all, so please don't make out I said things that I didn't.

Btw are you saying we wouldn't be in a relegation scrap if Allardyce had stayed?

In my mind it's clear.

If you use the search button you will see that I've not said we deserve to go down at all, so please don't make out I said things that I didn't.

Btw are you saying we wouldn't be in a relegation scrap if Allardyce had stayed?

I don't think we would Baggio. Without the big upheaval we may have got players in, SA had identified targets, even saying so in a press confrence the day of his sacking.

It's too late now though. The change happened and we *have* to get behind the lads.

In my mind it's clear.

Actually, I do think we may have been OK in terms of points gained in some of the last few matches if Allardyce had stayed - but only just - and it would have been turgid  as he would have got Kevin Nolan in - but there was no way Ashley could have done anything other than get shot of Sam - there'd have been a public lynching by now the way the resentment towards his style of football was boiling up.

In my mind it's clear.

I don't think we would Baggio. Without the big upheaval we may have got players in, SA had identified targets, even saying so in a press confrence the day of his sacking.

It's too late now though. The change happened and we *have* to get behind the lads.

It's Allardyce wasting money on the likes of Smith and Barton that has put us in the shit in the first place, who honestly trusts him with any more money? After the money he wasted I dread to think what sort of player he'd target, we were linked with Kevin Nolan iirc.

As for us not being in a relegation battle, which of the teams have we played since he left do you think we would have picked up more points from if he were still here?

In my mind it's clear.

Actually, I do think we may have been OK in terms of points gained in some of the last few matches if Allardyce had stayed - but only just - and it would have been turgid  as he would have got Kevin Nolan in - but there was no way Ashley could have done anything other than get shot of Sam - there'd have been a public lynching by now the way the resentment towards his style of football was boiling up.

Allardyce was lucky to get out when he did, imagine if he'd stayed another week and was boss for the Man Utd game, because the team went out with what he'd been planning in training all week and got bummed big time.

In my mind it's clear.

It's Allardyce wasting money on the likes of Smith and Barton that has put us in the s*** in the first place, who honestly trusts him with any more money? After the money he wasted I dread to think what sort of player he'd target, we were linked with Kevin Nolan iirc.

As for us not being in a relegation battle, which of the teams have we played since he left do you think we would have picked up more points from if he were still here?

I think his dire brand of football would have collected more points, yes.

In my mind it's clear.

It's Allardyce wasting money on the likes of Smith and Barton that has put us in the s*** in the first place, who honestly trusts him with any more money? After the money he wasted I dread to think what sort of player he'd target, we were linked with Kevin Nolan iirc.

In which games?

In my mind it's clear.

In which games?

Bolton (w), Boro(w), Blackburn(D)

But I don't see the point in speculating like this :lol:

I could see us floating around 11th.

In my mind it's clear.

In which games?

His last 5 games produced a draw away to a Championship team, a draw at home to Derby and defeats to Man City (h) and Chelsea and Wigan (a) so I think your prediction of 7 points from those 3 games is just slightly on the optimistic side.

In my mind it's clear.

In which games?

I could see us floating around 11th.

Worth considering all the same.