Alan Oliver reaches new lows

Dr. TC

I know we already have a 10th rate journalism thread, but I thought this needed to be pointed out:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/01/11/harry-s-game-72703-20339253/

"Many Pompey fans are distraught at the prospect of losing Redknapp, but on the other hand he is experienced enough to know that he will have to win over a considerable number of Newcastle supporters.

And sources close to him told me today that he will do that by winning football matches."

I can't believe even he wrote that to be honest. His sources must really know their stuff.

Guest nufcfan76

And how does he plan to do that? By playing the wonderfully attacking style of football at SJP which hasn't seen his side score at home since September? Get ready, we'll be the laughing stock of the universe 6 months from now.

To be fair to Anal I assume that's meant to mean that Redknapp will be positive in going for wins rather then trying for draws and hoping we might just nick a goal to win a game.  That's how I read it at the time anyway, maybe I'm giving him too much credit..

Guest neesy111

i will not believe anything till i hear comments from newcastle

skysports have contradicted everything they've said now

Saggy twitchface can't win matches though, not at home at least, not recently.

Did they have the third or fourth best home record last season?

Nevertheless, he is a bung-taking saggyfaced twitcher.

To be fair to Anal I assume that's meant to mean that Redknapp will be positive in going for wins rather then trying for draws and hoping we might just nick a goal to win a game.  That's how I read it at the time anyway, maybe I'm giving him too much credit..

Shouldn't a journo be able to put things into words that can be easily understood?  That's their job afterall.

Nevertheless, he is a bung-taking saggyfaced twitcher

It is still marked improvement on having a mini-Sam running your football club.

i noticed that in the chronicle today aswell. Sources close to him say he wants to win football matches. I dont know what is worse- the fact this is a blatent lie that anyone said this or was asked this or the fact out supposed no.1 journalist writes this tripe.

Nevertheless, he is a bung-taking saggyfaced twitcher.

Stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really feel

Guest More Tea Vicar?

Here's the print version of today's back page, just in case you read the online version and reckoned he'd got his finger on the pulse for once.

http://www.gthomas.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/analexcels.jpg

Here's the print version of today's back page, just in case you read the online version and reckoned he'd got his finger on the pulse for once.

http://www.gthomas.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/analexcels.jpg

He was wide of the mark there. Shoddy work as usual.

Guest More Tea Vicar?

It's not so much the 'wideness of the mark' that tickles me as the blatant arse-licking in the last four paragraphs.

from the chron

============================

WHEN Graeme Souness was put out of his misery exactly two years ago I was convinced Sam Allardyce wasn’t the man for the Newcastle United job.

I was right.

However, when Glenn Roeder departed in May I felt Big Sam was just the man to sort United out.

I was wrong.

For I believe Newcastle United was too big for the man who came within a whisker of managing England.

I lost count of the number times the words “this ain’t Bolton Wanderers” came up in conversations about Allardyce’s situation at St James’s Park.

He knew the whole world was watching whether United would play the “ugly football” BBC’s Alan Green accused Bolton of doing.

And what did we get? Dull, boring, football. But most of all I found Allardyce’s negativity hard to stomach.

Right to the end. When I interviewed him at the Britannia Stadium after Sunday’s lucky draw with Stoke City in the FA Cup and brought up the subject of today’s match at Manchester United his response left me wondering whether to bother making the journey to Old Trafford.

Allardyce inherited some good players at United. He made some bad signings.

He managed to upset some of those good players.

And was badly let down by one who has hardly had a good game in a black-and-white shirt. Joey Barton.

Allardyce only had eight months in one of the hottest seats in football.

Looking back on his time at St James’s Park his aim always seemed to be to win ugly.

Yet all he succeeded in doing was to lose ugly.