Alan Oliver reaches new lows

Dr. TC

bloke who mends telephones is niall or biffa i believe.

pretty interesting interview imo.

interesting to hear arry was discussing wht he was going to do here on friday.

i know he's a prick, but i bet his job is fascinating

Thought as much, I knew you or Mick would know like.

bloke who mends telephones is niall or biffa i believe.

pretty interesting interview imo.

interesting to hear arry was discussing wht he was going to do here on friday.

i know he's a prick, but i bet his job is fascinating

I'd guess being Olivers shrink would be more interesting.

What does he say about the telephone man?

I know, but I really don't want to look at him/listen to him.

"And then worst of all, the man who mends telephones for a living has had a go at iz on his website. Do you think we can take much more?"

While describing his exciting weekend and the slaggings off he's had, from Sir Alex in his programme notes and one of Allardyce's "press friends", (Custis?) amongst others.

What does he say about the telephone man?

I know, but I really don't want to look at him/listen to him.

"And then worst of all, the man who mends telephones for a living has had a go at iz on his website. Do you think we can take much more?"

While describing his exciting weekend and the slaggings off he's had, from Sir Alex in his programme notes and one of Allardyce's "press friends", (Custis?) amongst others.

Oh Lanchester, so much to answer for:

Stewards enquiry

We hear that a hasty rewrite of the Chronicle was required on Saturday, after the first edition announcing Redknapp as our new manager hit the streets at around the time the Pompey boss confirmed he wasn't taking it.

Having announced on Sky to the nation that Redknapp was "past the post", their chief sports writer then went and filed his story confirming that "fact" - only for the printing presses to be halted while new copy adding the word "not" in various places was inserted. Oops.

Monday then brought the same individual back in front of the Sky cameras, holding up that day's Chronicle, complete with Shearer-related back page headline.

When the Kirk Douglas look-a-like (or is it Jack) was asked who would be Allardyce's replacement on this occasion though, his answer was "not a clue". Honest, at least....

Guest More Tea Vicar?

I'd say the one interesting thing in that whole load of waffle was his claim that he spoke to Redknapp and most of the conversation was about what he was going to do at Newcastle when he arrived. 

You mean the stuff that's meant to be 'off the record'? His 'sources' are really going to trust him now.

Has anyone ever noticed the similarity between north east holder of the finger on the sporting pulse Alan Oliver and one of the world's finest ever songwriters, Burt Bacharach?

http://www.gthomas.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/anal01.jpg

http://www.nndb.com/people/300/000023231/bacharach1-crop.jpg

Obviously, you younger people won't have a clue who BB is, just take it from me, the man's a genius. Burt, not Alan.

My lass, not being from up here, just asked me ' Who's Alan Oliver?'

Where the f*** do I begin?  :lol:

Try to skirt around it and change the subject, it'll be much easier and less painful in the end.

Does anyone else think Oliver's time is up? I know the general consensus is yes, but I mean from the point of view of what happened with Robson, Souness and now Allardyce (not to mention Ferguson having a go at him in the match program). Of course he got along with Roeder and not too hard to see why seeing Oliver led a one man press charge for Roeder to get the job! His name must be complete dirt in football circles! I never really hear other local papers being criticised this way, though in fairness would I hear about it if they were?

To be fair to Anal I assume that's meant to mean that Redknapp will be positive in going for wins rather then trying for draws and hoping we might just nick a goal to win a game.  That's how I read it at the time anyway, maybe I'm giving him too much credit..

Still worded pretty poorly thought isn't it?

Oh Lanchester, so much to answer for:

Stewards enquiry

We hear that a hasty rewrite of the Chronicle was required on Saturday, after the first edition announcing Redknapp as our new manager hit the streets at around the time the Pompey boss confirmed he wasn't taking it.

Having announced on Sky to the nation that Redknapp was "past the post", their chief sports writer then went and filed his story confirming that "fact" - only for the printing presses to be halted while new copy adding the word "not" in various places was inserted. Oops.

Monday then brought the same individual back in front of the Sky cameras, holding up that day's Chronicle, complete with Shearer-related back page headline.

When the Kirk Douglas look-a-like (or is it Jack) was asked who would be Allardyce's replacement on this occasion though, his answer was "not a clue". Honest, at least....

So Oliver fucks up (again) then tries to have a go at .com for pointing it out?

I doubt Mort or Ashley will have been too impressed by Oliver revealing details of a phone call between Mort and Shearer telling him he wasn't getting the job just yet. It can't have done Shearer's chances any good if it's felt that he's too close to a twat like Oliver.

Guest More Tea Vicar?

'I took a call last night from the No 2 to a top Premier League manager putting their case.’

‘And today the man who was officially ranked as the sixth best club coach in the world, 55-year-old Brazilian Abel Braga, contacted me to throw his hat into the ring.’

Exactly why are they applying to Alan Oliver for the job?

'I took a call last night from the No 2 to a top Premier League manager putting their case.’

‘And today the man who was officially ranked as the sixth best club coach in the world, 55-year-old Brazilian Abel Braga, contacted me to throw his hat into the ring.’

a manager or agent would speak to oliver to publicise their candidacy or to try and ensure their candidate receives favourable press.

Guest SmileyCulture

Because he obviously knows more about the club/sport than any other could even conceive to know and noone else is even close to qualified as far as writing this stuff down goes. I thought everyone knew this already?

Guest More Tea Vicar?

Because he obviously knows more about the club/sport than any other could even conceive to know and noone else is even close to qualified as far as writing this stuff down goes. I thought everyone knew this already?

Those are all excellent points.