Shearer Wants Manager's Job

Guest Eires No. 1

i guess i'm just missing what keegan would bring to this equation - if you're bringing in experience for shearer then why not bring some experience of being a winning manager, for instance?

keegan has all but said he's out of love with the game and that is not someone we need in 'charge', it really isn't

now shearer plus a continental assistant and i could see it working - martin jol?

Martin Jol as assistant to Shearer? ???

Shearer just texted one of the journos on Sunday Supplement.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

What did say, Jonny boy?  :coolsmiley:

Just said "You're having a laugh aren't you?" :lol:

About the job, or just in general  :undecided: ?

About the job.

i guess i'm just missing what keegan would bring to this equation - if you're bringing in experience for shearer then why not bring some experience of being a winning manager, for instance?

keegan has all but said he's out of love with the game and that is not someone we need in 'charge', it really isn't

now shearer plus a continental assistant and i could see it working - martin jol?

Martin Jol as assistant to Shearer? ???

er, yeah...not plausible i'm aware...i was just thinking of continental managers is all (that said before spurs jol had only managed small dutch teams so he's hardly got a massive track record of running 'big' clubs on his own that would instantly discount him)

can't see shearer coming back in anything other than the main seat therefore whoever was with him would be assisant...anyone but fucken venables man

I think you have been had mate, Ian Ridley was joking.

JT2 - What did you make of all the waffle then?

They were all actually pretty much spot on and talking sense about the whole ethos of the club and didn't actually have an agenda, like the majority of the press.  blueyes.gif

Apart from that tit Woolnough like.

Houillier - shearer would be a perfect combo.

Kind of job Houillier is looking for as well.

They were all actually pretty much spot on and talking sense about the whole ethos of the club and didn't actually have an agenda, like the majority of the press.  blueyes.gif

Apart from that tit Woolnough like.

Custis did try & defend Sam a bit but that was to be expected though & his chavra gerodie accent was ropey.

Woolnough "CRISIS, CRISIS, CRISIS",  Steve Mclaren was spot on when told that bus driver to "Fucking run over that journalist’

Houillier - shearer would be a perfect combo.

Kind of job Houillier is looking for as well.

I'd be very happy with that.

...plenty of chants at the game yesterday - Jose aint coming to Newcastle, it's just not going to happen. Let's go for it I say, get King Al in and see what he can do, at the end of the day, things can't get any worse than they already are, can they? I've never felt as bad as this as a Newcastle fan. Come on Al, sort this shite out!

We need someone fast so we can spend some money, i'd go with Shearer right now with some experience beside him (in the form of Houillier would be magic) but we need to get spending, get away from the mess at the bottom and finish the season strong.

If Shearer was here, you might see Owen giving a fuk for starters.

Guest LucasUnger

We need someone fast so we can spend some money, i'd go with Shearer right now with some experience beside him (in the form of Houillier would be magic) but we need to get spending, get away from the mess at the bottom and finish the season strong.

If Shearer was here, you might see Owen giving a fuk for starters.

true. just get someone in like shearer and houllier or keegan or robson and give them money for 3-4 strong players, players who can win games.

come on mike

Interesting comment from the front page:

Commulus writes in saying:

It seems that Mr, Ashley is another reactionary ‘gut instinct’ kind of guy, like that buffoon Shepherd! Thus a sacking without an assured replacement!

I don’t think he has implanted his vision on the club yet though, and the approach to Redknap didn’t fill me with any sense that the direction was anything other than the mediocrity of the premiership second string also-rans!

If we look to the polls on the various forums you can see the way the forward thinking fans are going, its Jose and Gus, the muppets want Shearer and Keegan, there is nothing to suggest that Keegan could replicate what he did then, football has changed!

Mr, Shearers bloody mindedness as exemplified by his determination to remain a centre forward up to the age of 35 showed me his priority was towards Alan Shearer and Freddy (his Holiday companion) and not NUFC, indeed, the press call him Mr, Newcastle and the media ‘hangers-on’ are now pushing for his instillation, and if this happens it will be a signal that Mr, Ashley has no real vision for the club!

ps. GeordieMessiah good post all power to your pen, lets have some more!

Sent in on: Today

Is the silence deafening from Alan?

Even though he is on holiday, he is employed by media giants the BBC, so I'm sure he could distance himself once and for all from the job.

They even used the same wishy-washy 'extremely unlikely' shit on MOTD last night. Fishy tbh.