In absolute awe of Cristiano Ronaldo

Delima

Guest The Libertine

if he keeps up this form (or near enough this form) for the next 10 years or so, will he be considered to be as great as pele, maradona etc?

If he keeps up this form of about a goal-per-game?

that'll drop in time, of course, but if he keeps playing to a very high standard consistently?

Elano's half decent too, and anyone remember Bergkamp's goal?

Which one?  :shifty:

A truly great player, but still had a lot of faults to his game in a personaitly trying to get somone sent off kind of way (Robert?)

Would still beat him in a race to Geneva though if we both started now :parky:

A player as good as him shouldn't resort to be a cheating, diving, conniving little s***.

But in the end he does.

Still people in this country still remember Maradonna fondly so it only proves the cheats in the end will always prosper.

Who would you prefer then? Graeme Souness sort of graft and grit players who rely illegal body check, shoulder check, hacking, rugby takling, start-from-knee-end-at-heel tackling?

I do not like the divings Ronaldo does. But I feel that such diving has been exaggerated and emphasised to too much an extent.

Guest nufc_geordie

A fantastic player but to call him the best player in the world is premature. I will believe the hype when he performs at the highest level when it matters. If he played like he did today against AC Milan in the Champions League semi final then fine, but he doesn't. He crys and hides. All respect he was awesome today but will he do it when it really matters?

ToonArmy1810, isn't Rooney a bigger wanker for stamping on someones balls?  Over a year and a half ago and still people can't realise Ronaldo did not get Rooney sent off.

And of course the bigger factor, none of that has anything to do with his football ability what so ever. (Which is great)

To be honest, i think he has legend written all over him. He's superb, cannot find a single fault in his game, think the hole "goes missing in big games" is bollocks if you ask me. 22 goals already is an unreal stat. I think he'll be a success whereever he goes.

To be honest, i think he has legend written all over him. He's superb, cannot find a single fault in his game, think the hole "goes missing in big games" is bollocks if you ask me. 22 goals already is an unreal stat. I think he'll be a success whereever he goes.

He is pretty talented like, when he isnt throwing himself to the floor he is quite strong, he is quick, great feet, a fantastic crosser, calm in the box, can finish. We were linked to him for £12m once upon a time :lol:

A fantastic player but to call him the best player in the world is premature. I will believe the hype when he performs at the highest level when it matters. If he played like he did today against AC Milan in the Champions League semi final then fine, but he doesn't. He crys and hides. All respect he was awesome today but will he do it when it really matters?

In a prediction Kaka vs Ronaldo thread before the semi fianl, someone here who claims to have ITK Man United info had said before the AC Milan game that Ronaldo was carrying an injury, so he would not expect Ronaldo to play well. It turned out to be true. Although not widely reported by the media, I have also read interviews mentioning Ronaldo was carrying an injury that game.

Even if he was injury free that night and he simply didn't perform, he had played excellently on other important games such as World Cup. A bit unfair to pick on this match.

Who would you prefer then? Graeme Souness sort of graft and grit players who rely illegal body check, shoulder check, hacking, rugby takling, start-from-knee-end-at-heel tackling?

I do not like the divings Ronaldo does. But I feel that such diving has been exaggerated and emphasised to too much an extent.

What the hell you goiung on about - all that I said was that  the dirty, conniving diving little shit does not need to do it! But he still does.  If anything the cheating that goes on within his game is covered up in the media due to who he plays for - his diving and conniving was only brought up by our media in the last World Cup for some reasion.

Guest ObaStar

A player as good as him shouldn't resort to be a cheating, diving, conniving little s***.

But in the end he does.

Still people in this country still remember Maradonna fondly so it only proves the cheats in the end will always prosper.

Did u not watch the match. did u see the first goal, there was no cotact what so ever.

Its not about being mature, i think rooney is great and praiseworthy, as is fabregas, and henry and stevie G etc. etc. what i do not think is praisworthy is diving like a fuckign twat.

He's a cheat and a snivelling little weasel.

Unfortunately he also happens to be a staggeringly good player. Like Henry though, he's not 'that' good because he "goes missing in big games."

Also like Henry, the oft-spouted latter comment is absolute drivel.

Fantastic player and for that I admire him but it's difficult to have any respect for such a persistent cheat.

Drogba cleaned up his act so lets hope Ronaldo can.