Toon turning to Shearer and Keegan

stozo

The only article I can find so far:

Former Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan has refused to rule himself out of a return to St James' Park - but would you welcome him back?

Do you think the former England boss could have a positive impact if he stepped back into the Toon hot seat?

Would he be greeted as a messiah by the Geordie faithful or has his time gone?

Would a Keegan/Shearer partnership be the 'dream team' to resurrect the Magpies fortunes?

Although not my first choice it would be the appointment to bring the club and fans together

And it's the appointment that would justifiably make us the laughing stock of the world when the "People's choice" see us struggle even further.

we cant strugle even further in my IMO get them in

Although not my first choice it would be the appointment to bring the club and fans together

And it's the appointment that would justifiably make us the laughing stock of the world when the "People's choice" see us struggle even further.

To be fair it would be difficult to become more of a laughing stock - tragically it's one of the few things we do well.

Remember what happened when Forest gave the job to Stuart Pearce? And how do people figure out that we can't do any worse? Course we can, it's just as likely that Shearer's found out of his depth and Keegan's finished than there is of a revival under them.

The only article I can find so far:

Former Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan has refused to rule himself out of a return to St James' Park - but would you welcome him back?

Do you think the former England boss could have a positive impact if he stepped back into the Toon hot seat?

Would he be greeted as a messiah by the Geordie faithful or has his time gone?

Would a Keegan/Shearer partnership be the 'dream team' to resurrect the Magpies fortunes?

KK back? Anytime... :-) Especially together with Shearer.

Guest Ridzuan

The fact that he has been there and done that before doesnt mean he will be able to do it again.His last experience as a manager at Manchester City was bad and the premier league now is much tougher than they were last time.But if he is the second assistant or something,I wouldnt mind.

I agree! Sherear Manager Keegan 1st team coach!

If those 2 can't motivate those idle bastards then no one can!

Keegan: 'I would not rule it in or out. It's a club I love, everybody knows that.'

He has unfinished business and along with us playing the best football I've ever seen his record wasn't bad either:

Saved us from relegation, finished 3rd, 6th, 2nd and the team he built finished 2nd in the season he left.

He's had ups and downs of course since then although I don't think he's the disaster people are making him out to be.

Keegan: 'I would not rule it in or out. It's a club I love, everybody knows that.'

He has unfinished business and along with us playing the best football I've ever seen his record wasn't bad either:

Saved us from relegation, finished 3rd, 6th, 2nd and the team he built finished 2nd in the season he left.

He's had ups and downs of course since then although I don't think he's the disaster people are making him out to be.

Yeah maybe he sees the cash Ashleys willing to invest as a chance to fullfill his ambitions!

Love Kevin and would love him back at the club in some shape or form.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3046003,00.html

Former Newcastle United manager Kevin Keegan is not ruling himself 'in or out' of a return to the club he 'loves'.

Keegan has emerged as a popular choice to replace Sam Allardyce at St James' Park after Harry Redknapp's decision to stay at Portsmouth.

Reports have claimed that Keegan could form a managerial 'dream team' with Magpies legend Alan Shearer.

When asked about any interest in a second stint as Newcastle boss by Sky Sports News, Keegan admitted he had not had time to think about the subject.

However, he acknowledged his affection for the club and did not dismiss the possibility of another stab at the job.

"I'm not ruling myself in or out, or anything," Keegan told Sky Sports News.

"It's a club I love and that's all I'm prepared to say. Everybody knows that. It's a club I've managed before."

Keegan's first spell as Newcastle manager started in February 1992 as he kept the team in the old Division Two before winning the title the following year.

He led the club to third spot in their first campaign in the Premier League and blew a 12-point lead at the top in the 1995/96 season.

After leaving the club in January 1997, Keegan had spells in charge of Fulham, England and Manchester City, which was his last managerial position almost three years ago.

wow, this thread has just left me stunned...differing opinions and all that but i never thought i'd actually hear people thinking it was a good idea to go back, especially to keegan

incredible

Why is it such a bad idea?  He's younger than fergie still and if he's just here to coach and advise Shearer then why not?

This club needs a big lift, and those 2 can attract a hell of alott of good players

wow, this thread has just left me stunned...differing opinions and all that but i never thought i'd actually hear people thinking it was a good idea to go back, especially to keegan

incredible

He knows us, we know him. If Ashley backs him in the transfer market you can be guaranteed we'll be signing world class players who excite the fans.

It took something out of him when he finished 2nd, he lost the passion after that.  Maybe he's a little wiser now, maybe this is the time for him to come back and finish what he started?

It took something out of him when he finished 2nd, he lost the passion after that.  Maybe he's a little wiser now, maybe this is the time for him to come back and finish what he started?

He lost passion because Sir John Hall didn't have the money he needed to push on!

Ashley Does!

We won't know unless we try and to get those days back would be incredible.

I used to be excited all week about going to the match and even though we didn't win anything (although came so close) they were just fantastic times. Apart from a brief spell under SBR we've been subjected to dross on the whole - there's a chance Keegan (and Shearer) could change all that.

incredible

Why is it such a bad idea?  He's younger than fergie still and if he's just here to caoch and advise Shearer then why not?

This club needs a big lift, and those 2 can attract a hell of alott of good players

ok then in no particular order:  his nervous meltdown with us in the title race, his nervous meltdown as england manager, the generally appalling play by his teams since he left us (not counting fulham as it was lower division and he had a fortune to spend), walking out on man city, walking out on england, walking out on us

erm enough?  then how about not watching a football match, by his own admission, since leaving man city 'cause he'd fallen out of love with the game

how much can he actually do if he's not been keeping involved in football to even the extent of watching a match from time to time?  do we want to wind the clock back 10 years to a time when we actually FAILED under this guy (as much as i love him he was a failure)? 

clubs like man u and arsenal (plus others) have spent 10 years developing since then and people are actually advocating a return to 1996?

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, throw me a fucken bone

I would rather he didn't become our new manager. However, i would be in favour of him assisting Shearer.

On the other hand after all said and done i'd take Keegan as manger over the likes of Hughes, Redknapp, Coppell anyday of the week.