Definitely Ashley - "I want our team to be admired for brilliant football"

nufc4eva

Nothing new in there. Some nice and interesting sentiments and it looks like reinforced commitment to the project.

However he needs to spend money on the pitch.

You've bought a business Mike and you've stabalised it...No one asked you to.

It's a business that relies on players and it's a business that is speculative in terms of risk.

BUY some quality players.

Are you advocating the owner to buy players Park Life?  :razz:

:blush:

:lol:

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Ashley is a rich child who don`t understand football at all. He want attacking football and go for Redknapp. Stupid F**k.

Message to Mike from BobbyD - "Actions speak louder than words son".

All the hot in the world won't change the fact that we are up to our necks in the shite and everyone in the country is splitting their sides at our predicament.

Get a decent manager, build a decent squad, start winning games. Thats all that matters big lad.

keegan is history even though it was pretty I wonder who not only in England but in the whole world can bring back something like that back to St James park

Jose Pekerman is the only one who comes to my mind.

I'm not complaining about how often he speaks, I'm objecting to the timing and the content.

Sorry but the timing and content are spot on, people are wondering what is going on and I think he's explained what he wants and to a certain degree he's also saying that he's not just going to sit and watch, he's also going to invest his time and effort as well as his money.

We've had false promises before so I can understand why people are sceptical but Ashley and Mort deserve a chance to show what they can do before people start having a go at them.

Guest assyriantoon

When he picks his first manager then we can judge him. At least he hasn't hit the panick button and appointed Souness.

I'm not complaining about how often he speaks, I'm objecting to the timing and the content.

Sorry but the timing and content are spot on, people are wondering what is going on and I think he's explained what he wants and to a certain degree he's also saying that he's not just going to sit and watch, he's also going to invest his time and effort as well as his money.

We've had false promises before so I can understand why people are sceptical but Ashley and Mort deserve a chance to show what they can do before people start having a go at them.

Agreed. Just yesterday some on here were having a go at him for not being involved, now he let's us know his thoughts and plans, and it's "bad-timing".

He can't win.

Ashley is a rich child who don`t understand football at all. He want attacking football and go for Redknapp. Stupid F**k.

at least he can form a sentence

Full stop and capital letter?

Anyway, decent interview there with Ashley, his heart certainly seems to be in the right place. But in fairness, I could have written that, and that certainly doesn't mean I could run a football club. The decision making so far this week has been poor at best. A serious lack of both organization and control have been evident. There's even been a stench of hypocrisy and sheer out-and-out mistruth surrounding the whole thing. So it's one thing to come out with yet another PR-boosting interview, but it's another to actually sit down and start making the kind of sensible, measured decisions that you would expect of a multi-billionaire business man.

People keep saying "actions speak louder than words" - that's why he's wiped the club out of debt, that's why he dons the club shirt and sits with the fans, that's why he sacked Sam Allardyce.

Yes, alot of what he is saying is just words, but he's already done a hell of alot for the club in the long term and outlined that he's here to stay.

That article has me excited, like many others in this thread. It's certainly getting us ready for when the new guy comes in. Let's just hope he makes the right appointment, then who knows?

btw, this thread has turned Rich into some sort of poetic artist. He sounds like he's falling in love :lol:

Agreed. Just yesterday some on here were having a go at him for not being involved, now he let's us know his thoughts and plans, and it's "bad-timing".

He can't win.

Plans :lol:

What plans are those? He didn't say what he planned, just what he hoped would happen as a result of his 'plans'.

Operation back Sam for five-months.

Operation get Harry

Phase 3 - Operation 'Harry's snubbed us, now what are we going to do, Chris?'

Phase 4 - Operation 'Lets call Alan Oliver, he seems to have all the contacts, Mike.'

he may have wiped the club of debt and stood in the away end in a toon shirt, but we're still shite on the pitch and being made a mockery of by the media. success will be measured by his ability to stabalise the club and take us forward, which he doesn't look like he can do at the moment.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Guest elbee909

Brilliant attacking football needs a good base to build from.  Man Utd hardly have what you'd call a shite defence - the idea that great attacking football means disregarding the back line is moronic.  However that's exactly what we're continually accused of doing by these rent-a-mouths.

Brilliant attacking football needs a good base to build from.  Man Utd hardly have what you'd call a s**** defence - the idea that great attacking football means disregarding the back line is moronic.  However that's exactly what we're continually accused of doing by these rent-a-mouths.

We don't disregard the backline though. We don't protect it. I can't remember the last time we had a really good central midfield, and I think that's where the problem lies.

He can't win.

What plans are those? He didn't say what he planned, just what he hoped would happen as a result of his 'plans'.

Operation get Harry

Phase 4 - Operation 'Lets call Alan Oliver, he seems to have all the contacts, Mike.'

Phase 5 - Lets call that depressing SSR bloke, he seems to know more about what I want then I do, even though he's a self pitying whiner :lol:

Brilliant attacking football needs a good base to build from.  Man Utd hardly have what you'd call a s**** defence - the idea that great attacking football means disregarding the back line is moronic.  However that's exactly what we're continually accused of doing by these rent-a-mouths.

We don't disregard the backline though. We don't protect it. I can't remember the last time we had a really good central midfield, and I think that's where the problem lies.

Agree with this. Most of our defensive problems often stem from our inability to keep possession in the other half of the field.

Optimistic

He can't win.

Operation get Harry

Phase 5 - Lets call that depressing SSR bloke, he seems to know more about what I want then I do, even though he's a self pitying whiner.

Better than being Dr Pangloss.

Guest Knightrider

"Me, me, me"

Sorry Mike, but you need to detach yourself here and put what the club needs ahead of what you need first. The club doesn't need attacking football or to entertain people, it's been dragged down by that for years now, it needs leadership, direction and stability, it needs revamped from top to bottom. If you approach things from that end, it will all end in tears. Treat it as a business Mike and not a toy because this is peoples lives you're potentially messing with here. We can't turn anywhere if it all goes tits up or if you get bored, we are stuck with the club for life and all I ask of my club personally is for it to be run well at all levels, for foundations to be laid so that long-term the club can prosper. If Mike has his own way we'll be run based on emotions. Let the fans do the emotional stuff, after all it is our club. You take care of business Mike which you're very good at. I'm sick of the roller coaster ride personally and going from one extreme to another.

One positive to come out of this I suppose is that he's fallen for the club hook line and sinker and that he cares, he has become one of us almost. However as far as I'm concerned that's not necessarily a good thing because it was us who booed Sir Bobby off for finishing 5th and who wanted Big Sam out after a handful of games. The last thing we need is a fan in the boardroom running things, another Shepherd only with his own money.

A club like Newcastle United cannot rest on the emotional whims of one man.

Phase 5 - Lets call that depressing SSR bloke, he seems to know more about what I want then I do, even though he's a self pitying whiner.

Better than being Dr Pangloss.

As the Finchmeister once said, Voltaire can suck on my balls :lol: