Definitely Ashley - "I want our team to be admired for brilliant football"

nufc4eva

How can they get away with fabricating an entire interview?

Wondering that myself.  It wasn't any dodgy "sources indicate that" or "insider informs me of", the direct quote from the article is "Today, in an exclusive News of the World interview".  Mind boggling

Guest elbee909

From NUFC.Com this morning....

Interview:

Ashley quotes denied

Sunday's edition of The News of the World included an exclusive piece supposedly penned by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley setting out his own "sexy football" agenda.

However it's now become clear that Ashley has not spoken to that newspaper and the source of the quotes is therefore dubious in the extreme.

:rolleyes:

'penned' :)

Someone pretending to be Ashley?  Which one of you fellas has taken advanty-wantage of the poor News Of The World?  Aw. :)

Despite what you might have read elsewhere, I can assure you the interview WAS carried out with Mike Ashley who also saw the article BEFORE it was published.

I hope this clears up your concerns.

Paul McCarthy

Sports Editor

:celb:

Despite what you might have read elsewhere, I can assure you the interview WAS carried out with Mike Ashley who also saw the article BEFORE it was published.

I hope this clears up your concerns.

Paul McCarthy

Sports Editor

Who's telling porkies then? ???

• 2 months later...

Quote from: gdm on Yesterday at 08:38:18 PM

ROB BEASLEY at St James' Park

More seriously, he added: "I just can't wait to get to the summer and then sit down and talk with Kevin about what we need to take the club forward."

haha from newsoftheworld.co.uk

curiously the bloke who got the quote and printed it is the same boke who, in todays issue of the CRAP says "but now toon insiders believe he is weighig up a deal to sell" ?

which beasley line do you believe ?

12 pages from a NOTW article.

Those cockney journos must be pissing themselves at how gullible we are.

I know. I mean direct quotes from Ashley mean the journalist definitely made it up  :rolleyes:

More seriously, he added: "I just can't wait to get to the summer and then sit down and talk with Kevin about what we need to take the club forward."

curiously the bloke who got the quote and printed it is the same boke who, in todays issue of the CRAP says "but now toon insiders believe he is weighig up a deal to sell" ?

I would like to belive the first one :razz:

Where abouts is the stuff about our insiders, I never saw that when I was browsing.

I would like to belive the first one :razz:

Where abouts is the stuff about our insiders, I never saw that when I was browsing.

don't know if it's on-line but it is in the printed version.