Definitely Ashley - "I want our team to be admired for brilliant football"

nufc4eva

Brought butterflies to my stomach. I think its clear he's dsperate to invest. I just wish he would get this appointment right, something tells me that the defensive minded managers, like mourhino et al, wont be on the list.

i just find it strange that he went for harry?

So he's now apparently paid off all of the debt?! Bloody hell.

He's going to get much more hands on?! Bloody hell.

All he wants to do is play attacking football and win trophies. Bloody hell.

Obviously actions speak louder than words, but the prospect of this combined with Alan Shearer at the helm has me wetting my kecks.

Brought butterflies to my stomach. I think its clear he's dsperate to invest. I just wish he would get this appointment right, something tells me that the defensive minded managers, like mourhino et al, wont be on the list.

i just find it strange that he went for harry?

I can see the merits of it, he has played attacking football whenever he can, and with a bigger budget has done quite well, with a huge budgets who's to say what he's capable of. Like i said earlier, Harry reminds me hell of a lot like Keegan, motivator attack minded, plucks good quality improts from nowhere etc....

Okay, so what managers come to mind when you thing brilliant attacking football though?

I can kind of see why he went for redknapp, but lets put that to the side for now.

Who could they possibly be considering now? The likes of Mourinho, Lippi and even Houllier don't exactly scream out attacking football.

I haven't paid much attention to football around the other big leagues in Europe this season, has any team played particularly exciting attking football? Any team whose manager we might be interested in speaking too?

I've never been sure of the financial implications of the debt he paid off, whether he just paid off loan debts for deals etc or whether he paid the lot off, including the mortgage on the stadium.

He says there we don't owe anyone anything - if that's true and gate receipts will now go 100% into club coffers, that bodes fantastically well for the future. If you take a general rough estimate of, say, £28 per ticket, 52000 works out at about £1.5m per game. That's £27m over the season just for league games, without TV deals, sponsorship, the rest.

Get the pending massive decision right and the future looks rosy, despite the current malaise.

I've never been sure of the financial implications of the debt he paid off, whether he just paid off loan debts for deals etc or whether he paid the lot off, including the mortgage on the stadium.

He says there we don't owe anyone anything - if that's true and gate receipts will now go 100% into club coffers, that bodes fantastically well for the future. If you take a general rough estimate of, say, £28 per ticket, 52000 works out at about £1.5m per game. That's £27m over the season just for league games, without TV deals, sponsorship, the rest.

Get the pending massive decision right and the future looks rosy, despite the current malaise.

agreed.

the thought of him hoying money at big al makes me sexpiss.

Okay, so what managers come to mind when you thing brilliant attacking football though?

I can kind of see why he went for redknapp, but lets put that to the side for now.

Who could they possibly be considering now? The likes of Mourinho, Lippi and even Houllier don't exactly scream out attacking football.

I haven't paid much attention to football around the other big leagues in Europe this season, has any team played particularly exciting attking football? Any team whose manager we might be interested in speaking too?

Van Gaal, Ancelotti, Scolari, all reknowned for there attacking style. Also big big targets.  Rijkaard? I dunno there are options, but to go to Redknapp so soon before anyone else seems odd to me.

Van Gaal. They can't defend for shit though :D

Wullie - talking about debts; Man United still owe over £600m for the two loans they took out (from an American bank and an American company, so our country don't even benefit from it). They announce this week that they're once again the richest club in England (although only because of turnover). I think our financial future looks far rosier than theirs, despite their massive assets.

Maybe he had no other direction to go in, having been rejected by Redknapp, other than to come out all guns blazing, professing himself to be ready to take command of the sinking ship...but even that takes bollocks of steel and having cussed him (and Mort) most of the day, all I can say now is let's see him not just talking the talk and walking the walk but also fighting the good fight. Let's get stuck in and bounce back like heroes.

I do remain somewhat circumspect about the way the last few days have gone though, and the dubious timing of the sacking of Allardyce, even if it needed to be done.

Van Gaal. They can't defend for s*** though :D

Wullie - talking about debts; Man United still owe over £600m for the two loans they took out (from an American bank and an American company, so our country don't even benefit from it). They announce this week that they're once again the richest club in England (although only because of turnover). I think our financial future looks far rosier than theirs, despite their massive assets.

3rd richest club in england?

Obviously actions speak louder than words, but the prospect of this combined with Alan Shearer at the helm has me wetting my kecks.

Shearer?

Here's how I feel about Shearer ... I think he would be a good manager but as far as buying players goes I think he would struggle massively.

I think Shearer would be the sort to always go after Brits. Shearer would have bought someone like Smith too.

Does he really have the knowledge of world football that will allow us to get the best players we possibly could to the club?

That would be my biggest worry.

scolari is a good shout.

still can see us only going british, and i think a shearer/keegan combo looks the way we'll go

Hguhes isnt exactly all out attack and he's being mentioned, to be fair, i can see Keegan and Shearer being implemented as well.

My understanding when looking at the balance sheets was we were paying approx £5.5 million a year back in loans, I cant remember how long this was for, we also had some heavy overdraft charges as well.

Shearer?

Here's how I feel about Shearer ... I think he would be a good manager but as far as buying players goes I think he would struggle massively.

I think Shearer would be the sort to always go after Brits. Shearer would have bought someone like Smith too.

Does he really have the knowledge of world football that will allow us to get the best players we possibly could to the club?

That would be my biggest worry.

?

By the time you hoy corporate tickets, bar sales, food and drink sales, club shop sales, etc etc in you're looking a significant amount more than that.

great words, let's hope he has the actions to back them up.

putting the tin hat on, the continued emphasis on how much he's invested in the club, in terms of debt (nice to hear we dont owe anything!) and backing allardyce, suggests that he isn't exactly thrilled to pour yet more money into the club. and while he gave funds to allardyce it was more a case of a million or two here and there, and not the big spending we'd love to see.

also, the public demand for attacking football puts prospective managers in a pickle, any manager out there is going to go to old trafford or stamford bridge with a cautious outlook and tailor specific tactics to specific games, you won't see benitez for instance going to european away ties with a gung-ho attitude. will they feel its out of their control and must submit to the whims of a jesus gil-esque owner? just playing devil's advocate here, looking at it in a positive manner tho, you'd interpret it to mean he wants to build up a side capable of going to man utd or arsenal and attacking them cos we're good enough, which will obviously require lots of dosh. time will tell.