The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

wouldn't it be nice if Mr Mort read these articles and stopped their passes....."hey we're a joke remember,you'll not want to repeort on something as crap as us so we'll have those passes back OK ......now f*** OFF"

That would be good. Imagine the stories they'd write then!

Keegan more or less called them a bunch of lying bastards in the press conference when he joked about their editors removing the facts from their stories.

I imagine all these stories slagging us off would be good for firing up the crowd and maybe the players in a "we'll show them bastards" kind of way.

wouldn't it be nice if Mr Mort read these articles and stopped their passes....."hey we're a joke remember,you'll not want to repeort on something as crap as us so we'll have those passes back OK ......now FUCK OFF"

Yeah I've been saying much the same for ages. Contrary to popular belief, we don't need these twats.

Update: Mick Dennis (and sports editor Bill Bradshaw) to their credit have responded to all those that emailed them about this article. Dennis also wrote privately to us and has taken the criticisms in good humour. He stands by what he wrote (as do we) but has taken on board all of our comments.

Lovely reply to that from nufc.com;

Hopefully you didn't have the misfortune to come across this rotten piece of journalism in the self-proclaimed "world's greatest newspaper" (that's the Daily Express if you hadn't guessed...!).

Egotist and Sky favourite, Mick Dennis, did what any lazy journalist does and picked some attendance figures out of nowhere to try and justify his own small-minded agenda:

Newcastle (population 280,000) had an average attendance of just 16,879 when they had a dodgy season in what is now the Championship in 1991. Norwich (population 126,000) had an average of 24,545 last season despite a dismal Championship campaign.

Or what about Leeds? They know a bit more about disappointment than Newcastle, I’d suggest, yet in the third tier attendances have averaged more than 27,000.

When Manchester City were playing at that level, they drew an average of 28,273. Nottingham Forest, another club who could tell Newcastle a tale or too about unfulfilled hopes, managed an average of 20,612 in League One last season.

Of course, attendances are not the only measure of loyalty or passion. That’s why I’d nominate the supporters of Rochdale as being truly remarkable. There are fewer than 3,000 hardcore fans, but they punt up week after week to cheer, despite having precious little to cheer about. Dale are the least successful club in the history of the Football League.

This was preceded by this patronising and ill-judged twaddle:

For generations most of us have rather liked Geordies. On the whole they are sociable folk, and it is good they have a strong sense of identity and are proud of their area and its heritage.

Most of us have quite liked their football club as well. And we have empathised with their lack of trophies, and cherish memories of the kamikaze style they developed the last time Keegan was in charge.

But his third coming as a Messiah has helped sustain the Geordie delusion that Newcastle are a “special” club, whose success is pre-ordained – and that has infuriated the rest of the land beyond endurance.

Where to begin....

We're not sure where Mick got his population stats from but 2001 census figures state:

443,247 Leeds (W.Yorkshire 1,499,465)

394,269 Manchester (Greater Manchester 2,240,430)

249,584 Nottingham (Nottingham Urban area 666,358)

189,863 Newcastle (Tyneside 879,996)

174,047 Norwich (Norfolk 816,500)

Comparing Newcastle's attendances in 1990-91 with Nottingham Forest's or Norwich's in 2006-07 is absolutely ludicrous.

How about comparing our 1990-91 average (16,879) languishing in Division 2 with Norwich's in 1990-91 (15,468) mid-table in Division 1?

Or how about the season before - Newcastle (21,590) in Division 2 compared to Brian Clough's League Cup winners Forest (20,606) in Division 1. Oh, and Nottingham's population is larger. It may not be a one club city but County's average that season was only 6,151 while our near neighbours averaged 17,987.

And what about Leeds?? That'll be another one club city, just like us, but with a population more than double. Leeds won the First Division Championship with an average crowd of 29,459 in 1991-92 - just 26,582 turned up for the penultimate home league game. A year later we won Division 2 with an average of 29,018.

And what about the 80s Mick? Leeds' averages were 15,994 (1982-83), 15,493 (1983-84), 15,161 (1984-85), 13,259 (1985-86) which included three sub-10,000 home league crowds and an amazing 2,274 (not a typo) for a Full Members Cup game against Yorkshire rivals Sheffield United.

And then there's Manchester City....

If Newcastle ever tumbled into the third tier and were immediately promoted we'd suggest attendances would be at least 28,000, if not more. But why pick out our 1990-91 season and compare it to their 1998-99 season?

Let's look at their 1964-65 average crowd (14,753) in Division 2 and compare it with ours (35,659) also in Division 2. Or the season before when City finished above us in Division 2 (18,201) compared to our 29,426.

Or we could get really silly and look at our 56,283 average in Division 2 and compare it with City's 42,725 in Division 1 in the 1947-48 season. Judging by Mick's craggy features, he can probably remember it.

We also feel obliged to mention City's 3,007 for their game against Mansfield (658 were away fans) in their promotion winning season 1998-99. Auto Windscreen Trophy it may have been but where were they when they were sh*t?

The Rochdale stuff is just plain barking. Every league team in the land has a hard core of 2,000 who will turn up to every game. So what? Rochdale deserve no more plaudits than anyone else.

To quote Brian Tabner's Through the Turnstiles,

"Rochdale have always struggled at the turnstiles. In only two seasons since 1921 have they finished with an above average attendance, the most recent being 1926-27. They have finished as the worst supported League club six times...."

If Mick doesn't like us or Kevin Keegan any more, then fine, we don't really care but to try and justify it with meaningless attendance statistics just makes him look an even bigger twit than he does already. And that takes some doing....

Your population figures for Newcastle in 2001, are incorrect, by about 100,000 people.

It depends which part of the 'census figures' you get your information from, but I recognise the 189,863 figure you quote, as I have come across it before. This figure comes from only a few of the Newcastle City postcodes, and excludes most of NE3 (for example) and many other Newcastle City postcodes. It specifically excludes any of the city's growth after 1974.

It is a very misleading figure. I have written to them about it and they have acknowledged that it only includes about 60% of the postcodes within the city boundary. They say it relates to "a geographical area that existed pre-1974" and that it is quoted to "compare like with like" and to show population trends.

Ridiculous!!!

Anyway, Newcastle's population is somewhere around the 260,000 to 280,000 mark.

Guest elbee909

Perhaps if we certified "Newcastle United" as a religion, might be chance they'd shut the fuck up.  The amount of faith you have to have is way more than those shitty godsquads, anyway.

WANKER ALERT! WANKER ALERT!

Andy Dunn is on the Sunday Supplement tomorrow. Alongside him will be  Danny Fulbrook who is prat from the same paper as Brian Woolnough. Joe Lovejoy will also be in the studio to chew the headlines in the Sundays & big up the Man Utd V Spurs game.

What bit?

"And some players were dismayed at new Newcastle boss Keegan's farcical tactical team meeting ahead of yesterday's 3-0 FA Cup fourth round drubbing at Arsenal.

A Toon insider said: "The players were waiting for Kevin to give his instructions but all he said was: ‘Arsenal are a great passing team. We must make sure we pass the ball better than them.'

"That was it. There were no specific tactics, no work on set pieces...the players were stunned."

I know its jumping the gun, but its the sort of thing that worried me with the appointment of Keegan.

I totally expected this 100%. I've said all along that as soon as they get an opportunity, the press would be after KK. This lot are total scum and Mort and Ashley should not let them into St James' Park. If they write this shit, they should pay the price. Lock the cunts out.

Guest Brazilianbob

I really don't understand how everyone gets so wound up about what these various sports journos write about NUFC.  At the end of the day, they are "Sports journalists" which equates to the following:

Newspaper Editor to journo.  "I'm afraid it hasn't worked out for you on the foreign affairs desk, we've also tried the current affairs desk and even the local news desk, and you made a right old mix up of the obituary and 21st birthday columns, but to put it bluntly you are a crap journalist, and I am going to have to let you go, unless you are prepared to do the sports desk.  Your choice sports journo or unemployed!"

Now do you understand the sort of crap we read in the sports pages?

KEVIN KEEGAN has been snubbed AGAIN as his Newcastle revolution threatens to implode after just two games.

Jonathan Woodgate has turned down a move back to St James' Park to sign for Spurs in a £7million deal.

And some players were dismayed at new Newcastle boss Keegan's farcical tactical team meeting ahead of yesterday's 3-0 FA Cup fourth round drubbing at Arsenal.

A Toon insider said: "The players were waiting for Kevin to give his instructions but all he said was: ‘Arsenal are a great passing team. We must make sure we pass the ball better than them.'

"That was it. There were no specific tactics, no work on set pieces...the players were stunned."

Newcastle have failed to score in both games since Keegan took over.

And Middlesbrough defender Woodgate's decision to snub him comes just 24 hours after Alan Shearer rejected Keegan's offer to be his No 2.

Keegan confessed: "I tried to bring in one new face and it was Woodgate, but I don't think I have been successful and it looks like we've lost out to Spurs.

"It wasn't a question of money, it was purely down to where the boy wanted to go.

"I wanted Wood-gate as the first part of the jigsaw. Spurs and us both had bids accepted but it looks like I've not got him."

Woodgate, 28, was left out of Boro's team that beat Mansfield 2-0 yesterday and was set to undergo a medical last night.

Boro boss Gareth Southgate confirmed: "There was a fee agreed with Newcastle but it was Jonathan's decision."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/2701_woodgate.shtml