The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

Dunno if anyone was listening to Talksport this afternoon but Newcastle fans took an absolute pounding. Lee Ryder from the Chronicle was on discussing the Hughton contract situation and made a remark about Newcastle fans being more passionate than elsewhere and the Geordie Nation etc etc and it stirred up a right hornets nest about Newcastle fans being deluded and Jason Cundy saying we think we have a 'monopoly on passion'.

It was real car crash radio and you can listen to it again here:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-again/episode/12120

From about 36 mins in and it goes on and on.

No thanks, I think I'll give it a miss.

Heard a couple of mins with the patronising patrick barclay  :facepalm: (is that him) saying Newcastle are only big in support nowt else.  He's such a condescending w*****, think he needs Tioted.

I listened to the Talksport thing.  I can't be bothered to rip the whole thing apart but I want to point out the Man City fans text.

They had better attendances when relegated?

Man City

26,710 (96/97)

28,197 (97/98)

32, 088 (99/00)

Newcastle

43,384 (09/10)

Criticism only hurts when it comes from someone you respect.

Laugh it off or, better still, don't listen to it chaps. :)

:clap:

Talksport for fuck's sake pedro you mug.

Thanks for the insult David. :lol: I was merely bringing this to peoples attention. :lol:

Dunno if anyone was listening to Talksport this afternoon but Newcastle fans took an absolute pounding. Lee Ryder from the Chronicle was on discussing the Hughton contract situation and made a remark about Newcastle fans being more passionate than elsewhere and the Geordie Nation etc etc and it stirred up a right hornets nest about Newcastle fans being deluded and Jason Cundy saying we think we have a 'monopoly on passion'.

It was real car crash radio and you can listen to it again here:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-again/episode/12120

From about 36 mins in and it goes on and on.

No thanks, I think I'll give it a miss.

Well, thanks for that. :lol:

It's hardly surprising that Cundy was talking shite. Only the other day he was talking out of his arse, claiming how "big clubs deserve to get more decisions going their way because they've earned it". :idiot2: Daft cunt.

Guest Stephen927

It must be mint working for Talksport tbf, turning up everyday and citing your warped ancient as fuck opinion as fact and using 'your deluded' as a rebuttal for everything else :coolsmiley:

Jason Cundy = NE5?

That depends. Is he on air at around 11:15pm, briefly after last orders down the local?

Any football fan who despairs of the general awful standard of punditry in this country should pick up the new edition of World Soccer tomorrow. That and The Times Monday supplement "The Game"' are genuinely good reads amongst the dross.

Can't believe people give them the time of day. I remember being about 13 and realising that shambles wasn't worth the airtime. Do they generally dedicate the airwaves to sport nowadays? I remember everytime I'd turn over to it, even on matchdays to find out scores, they were talking shite about politics and the stories in the papers that day, about one time in 10 they actually spoke about sport.

Can't believe people give them the time of day. I remember being about 13 and realising that shambles wasn't worth the airtime. Do they generally dedicate the airwaves to sport nowadays? I remember everytime I'd turn over to it, even on matchdays to find out scores, they were talking s**** about politics and the stories in the papers that day, about one time in 10 they actually spoke about sport.

Yeah, i was listening the other day because i had no other radio stations in my car that were tuned propperly and they are having a go at people playing video games.

Wormy, Talksport talk about sport all the time its just that some shows on there are not about 100% sport. Take the Parry and Graham show for example, they usually talk about the football headlines for the first half hour or so then spend the next two and a half hours discussing other news items etc.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Belter of an article from the stars chief footy reporter

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/columnists/view/160659/Newcastle-must-axe-Hughton-if-they-want-Prem-glory/?

ABOVE: Chris Hughton is not a top Premier League boss

30th October 2010

WOOLY'S WORLD

AFTER losing 4-0 to Arsenal in the Carling Cup, Newcastle ­immediately backed manager Chris Hughton with talk of a new contract. Were they too quick?

Newcastle have reached an interesting stage in their history. Just where do they want to go?

Do they want to be a middle-of-the-road club? One constantly battling to stay up? Or a power in English football?

If the Toon stick with Hughton, they are probably settling for something somewhere between the first two options.

Hughton is a good Championship manager – as he proved last season – but is not up there when it comes to the Premier League.

He is a safe pair of hands. Perhaps that is what owner Mike Ashley has settled for. If so, it shows a real lack of ambition.

The speculation will only increase, even though Ashley and his board openly supported Hughton after Wednesday night’s crushing home defeat.

Rumours had intensified during the day that Hughton was to go, to the extent that betting had closed before kick-off.

The club issued a statement. But no manager likes the dreaded vote of confidence. Hughton is under intense pressure.

He can’t afford a home defeat against neighbours Sunderland tomorrow.

We don’t know whether Ashley is happy with the way Newcastle have started in the Premier League. If he is, then he has settled for mediocrity.

Newcastle have one or two good players, but too many ordinary ones. The team needs big investment.

Who are their top players? Andy Carroll is the future, Kevin Nolan an inspiration and Joey Barton an outstanding midfield player if he can keep his temper. After that, I’m struggling.

They need at least four new players if there is real ambition upstairs at St James’s Park. Sadly, I don’t believe that to be the case.

The fans deserve more. If Newcastle go down this season, the Toon Army will still be there. Will Hughton?

He will if Newcastle are happy with where they are this morning, ninth in the Premier League .

But he won’t if they want to challenge the big boys .

Hughton is a nice guy but not a top manager. That is not a criticism, it’s a fact.

Deep down, Newcastle know that. I suspect they have settled for life as a club that treats winning something such as the FA Cup as a bonus.

Why so much surprise that not one English player made the World Player of the Year award shortlist? None deserved to be.

Interesting that of the 23 names on the list, just three – Arsenal’s Cesc Fabregas, Didier Drogba of Chelsea and Sunderland’s Asamoah Gyan – play in the Premier League.

Who are their top players? Andy Carroll is the future, Kevin Nolan an inspiration and Joey Barton an outstanding midfield player if he can keep his temper. After that, I’m struggling.

Why do I get the impression he's come to his conclusions based on looking at our top scorers rather than actually watching matches?

Interesting bit in the comments section from that Star embarrassment

I was at the west ham game and the sky journalist there was asking questions but trying to make people say answers he had written down for them. He tried to get me to complain about our inconsistency? is this really journalism? do you really think we're all that stupid??