Deschamps jumps from 80/1 to favourite with bookmakers

Guest hindu times
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Of all the managers out there who havent got a "proven trpohy winning" record, Deschamps is probably the one would be happy with, its encouragin that the poll says that not many people would be against him. That says alot to be honest.

I think he might win over the fans becasue of the CL Final, that would be banded around the terraces soon enough. He ticks all the boxes if you ask me. Bottom line is that if we were to try this and he were to fail, i wouldnt be too angry with Mort and Ashley becaseu they showed enough bollocks to make a proactive appointment.

I also like the fact that the potential appointment is one where the skys the limit, alot of managers out there who would be relaisitc for us have a limit so to spek, for example Houllier, there would come a time where we know it'd be the end for him, however Deschamps to me has no limit because he is so young.

Dont you know NUFC sack their managers early? Havent you read the papers?

Apparently so....as long as we lose prettily ill be a happy magpie!

Without his Champions League Final appearance, his record doesn't look too impressive.

Aye, I'm surprised at such goodwill towards him tbh. Not to say he isn't good (I have no idea), but he's done nothing compared to Houllier, for example. A foreign Hughes?

Without his Champions League Final appearance, his record doesn't look too impressive.

Aye, I'm surprised at such goodwill towards him tbh. Not to say he isn't good (I have no idea), but he's done nothing compared to Houllier, for example. A foreign Hughes?

Yes, Deschamps is the same age as Houllier and has had the same amount of time to make an impact :)

Yes, Deschamps is the same age as Houllier and has had the same amount of time to make an impact :)

Where did I say that? I'm talking about the difference in response by people on here. Houllier with all his achievements got nothing like this enthusiasm.

Could be because Houllier played pretty ugly Football at Liverpool, while everyone seems to agree that Deschamps played good attacking Football at both Monaco and Juve.  Also Houllier might have been seen by some as a Liverpool reject, I wouldn't agree of course.  But I can see a lot of fans wanting a manager who hasn't already been at another Premiership club (unless he was incredibly successful like Mourinho).

Guest assyriantoon

You shouldn't really consider a foreign manager who hasn't won his own league. The whole point of getting a foreigner is that they have the experience of winning something. I guess Deschamps would be better then Hughes but I think this is more a martin jol type foreign appointment, rather then a Sven or Mourinho esque signing. Van Gaal is far superior tbh.

wiki entry changed to:

"He has recently emerged as favorite to succeed Sam Allardyce as manager of small English Team, Newcastle United. If the move goes ahead Deschamps will break all records for most redarded manager."

...redarded... yeah...

Retarded to manage Newcastle?  Are they fucking insane?

Managing us is one of the best jobs you can get, and I'm not just talking about in football.

You'll get about £1.5 million quid for around 6 months work, then you'll get a nice £3m pay off at the end of those 6 months.  The only requirement you need is keep us out of the top 6.  And it's not like your reputation will be at stake, the media will be all too willing to defend you and say it's an impossible job and that no one could do it.

Suprised Mourinho and Lippi aren't banging down the fucking door to manage us, tbh.

Maybe becasue people are aware of Houlliers limit, as it stands Deschamps is someone not too many can fault becaseu he's achived something ata young age and can surely only get better with better resources and freedom. His style isnt questionalble either.

Where did I say that? I'm talking about the difference in response by people on here. Houllier with all his achievements got nothing like this enthusiasm.

Maybe because the teams he has worked under haven't played the attractive football the people on here are looking for.

Maybe because the teams he has worked under haven't played the attractive football the people on here are looking for.

Maybe so. I've never really seen it, as I admitted above.

What kind of style do his teams generally play? Other than with Juventus in a lower league.

I don't know much about his manging ability but surly he won everything to be won in world football. I remember his famous bust up with George Weah about his involvement of Ibravim Ba not being included in French spot subsquently linking him with the water career name. He could do a job here and I supprt the idea merely on the base of it was out the box thinking appointment.

runner up in ligue 1, french league cup winner, champion's league final, serie b winner with juve. hasn't done too badly for himself considering he is still young and relatively new to management.

He'd also have an immense amount of contacts and also is a well respected bloke to players too, seeing as he's won it all with juve and is still about 40.

Tbh I don't care anymore, I'd happily take Didier or Gerard right now altho I like the idea of Deschamps better :p

runner up in ligue 1, french league cup winner, champion's league final, serie b winner with juve. hasn't done too badly for himself considering he is still young and relatively new to management.

He'd also have an immense amount of contacts and also is a well respected bloke to players too, seeing as he's won it all with juve and is still about 40.

Tbh I don't care anymore, I'd happily take Didier or Gerard right now altho I like the idea of Deschamps better :p

He's hardly won it all with Juve. :lol:

Edit: oh as a player? Gotcha.

You shouldn't really consider a foreign manager who hasn't won his own league. The whole point of getting a foreigner is that they have the experience of winning something. I guess Deschamps would be better then Hughes but I think this is more a martin jol type foreign appointment, rather then a Sven or Mourinho esque signing. Van Gaal is far superior tbh.

Its hardly a Jol appointment..  Jol was an almost unknown 48 year old who had been managing for 13 years winning one cup in the process before taking over Spurs.  Deschamps is considered one of the brightest up and coming managers in Europe and has won more then Jol, and taken a club to the Champions League final, at the age of only 39.

Not that Jol was a bad appointment for Spurs mind ;)