Shearer: I have the passion

Guest sicko2ndbest

That interview has made my mind up. Get him in!

He is one of a kind, remember he was offered the player/managers job at Blackburn when he was 25!!!He`s more than 10 years older now. He has been the most respected player in English Football for a while and surely this means a hell of a fucking lot in the dressing room. Lets stop farting around with other managers. The answer is staring us in the face!

IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY!

Guest johnson293

It's the manner in which he has done it and the timing.

Shearer says in his own piece. "They're looking for someone with experience, which rules me out." (paraphrasing)

That is, by the rules, Shearer is inelligible. Then he says he would do the job, which all of us already new he would, at some stage, want to. But the timing of this piece is all wrong as is its manner.

I will stake everything I own on the fact that neither Ashley or Mort will be pleased with this on the back page of the Sun today.

I'd agree with that.

On Radio Newcastle this morning, Mick Lowes was stating that Shearer was the 'fans favourite' for the job, and Ashley/Mort now had to seriously consider giving the fans what they wanted!

While this fans opinion stuff may not be entirely accurate, if Ashley/Mort believe it, they may well end up giving it to Shearer, and with his comments this morning, it's almost like he's trying to back them into a corner, of having to give it to him.

The main positive I take from his comments is the bit about being willing to speak to any manager that comes in - so perhaps he is truly prepared to coem in as an assistant.

Guest elbee909

How is he causing havoc. Everyone's been calling for him to state his position and he ahs done so. Damned if he keeps quiet and damned if he confirms his intentions.

true!

I think you'll find it's different people who shout differently.  But I'm sure that won't deter people from claiming otherwise.

This is terrible! I know people admire the guy but come on!

He's already talking about passion and galvanizing the dressing room. Whatever man!!!

As if that's all it comes down to. What kind of players will he sign though? What kind of tactical ability does he have? Will he be impartial to his best pal Mickey Owen?

There's a lot more to it than just passion. I would have been more convinced if he had talked more about his abilities rather than going for the emotional and sentimental stuff.

How pathetic would we look if he came in and looked clueless? Dangerous road this one.

This is terrible! I know people admire the guy but come on!

He's already talking about passion and galvanizing the dressing room. Whatever man!!!

As if that's all it comes down to. What kind of players will he sign though? What kind of tactical ability does he have? Will he be impartial to his best pal Mickey Owen?

There's a lot more to it than just passion. I would have been more convinced if he had talked more about his abilities rather than going for the emotional and sentimental stuff.

How pathetic would we look if he came in and looked clueless? Dangerous road this one.

Wont know what players he will sign until he's given the job. Wont know what type of tactical ability he will have until he gets the job. Wont know how impartial he will be towards Owen until he gets the job?

How can you expect any of these questions to be answered until he's given the opportunity?

Guest Brewcastle

i have to say, stupid or not, he's my choice now.

do it.

Yep.  :thup:

Now when Shearer says official he really wants the job, I guess he have thought about all aspects the last days and found himself qualyfied. And the best qualification - he loves the club! To manage NUFC is his second chance to win something with it. I suppose that's a bigger motivation than any other candidate for the job have!

When Shearer want's; bring him in  O0

Guest Anders Rye

All in all every Newcastle fan want Shearer as manager at some time, but what most fear is that if he comes in too early, and fails because he is missing experience, then that would be a big blow.

While he has no managerial experience, he is the only man I know who could handle the passion and be given instant respect. Unless you live, or have lived in the area and been a part of the experience, you could never ever understand what it is like to be a part of this club. Sam had a lot of experience but he was completely overwhelmed by the Newcastle experience and just couldn't handle it. Roy Keene had no experience but he has taken his team from the relegation area of the championship to the premiership. Redknapp says that he is a fantastic manager and will go all the way.

We've had experienced managers, even a hard man like Souness could not handle the passion and was eventually destroyed.

Keeping the dressing room right, having a relationship with us and understanding what it is all about, for me there is only one man.

He has no experience at all

The record of top class players as managers is not very good

Strikers especially tend to be unsucesful  (I exempt Brian Howard Clough of course)

Players going back to their old clubs also have a poor record

I'm not sure he's a great man manager either

Lets face it - if you looked at the whole of the TV punditry and you HAD to choose a mangaer from amongst them it would that smart arsed Scotsman

What gives you the idea EVERY fan wants him?

Doesn't it just make you sick?

I am staying out of this thread. It is infuriating me.

Arsenal have Wenger, Man U have Ferguson, Liverpool have Rafa Benitez, Tottenham  have Juande Ramos, Man City have Sven Goran Erikkson ... but yeah let's give Alan Shearer a go on the off chance that he's half decent.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!

You think he could tussle with those guys tactically with absolutely no experience.

What kind of goals do we have here people? Are we really aiming for Europe and eventually the Champions League with Shearer at the helm?

Think about it please!

Guest elbee909

We've had experienced managers, even a hard man like Souness could not handle the passion and was eventually destroyed.

Yes, Shearer would have got on much better with Bellamy.

Oh wait...

Guest Anders Rye

Well deep down every fan has a romantic dream of seeing Shearer succeed as a front  man for Newcastle, who wouldn't a raise of hands please :smitten:

Guest elbee909

Well deep down every fan has a romantic dream of seeing Shearer succeed as a front  man for Newcastle, who wouldn't a raise of hands please :smitten:

Most important is that they succeed.  Romance is for girls.

Spoken like a proper manager - I have little doubt he will indeed make a very good manager.

Based on what?

His experience of football other than playing the game?

The tactical expertise you have no knowledge of?

The transfer strategy he has not got?

The scouting network he built up?

His managerial experience?

His assistant managerial experience?

His coaching experience?

Or just the fact that he loves the club? Because that is fuck all reason to give the man the job.

I reckon you'd find that the majority of NUFC fans - certainly those who watch the games - do not want him at this point.

Guest johnson293

Lets face it - if you looked at the whole of the TV punditry and you HAD to choose a mangaer from amongst them it would that smart arsed Scotsman

Hansen or Gray??

Why has he been so averse to getting his hands dirty learning the management trade elsewhere rather than farting about on MOTD for the last 2 years or so?

He knows he has influence but rather than build upon that he's relying on it. 

To be honest that's not something we should be using to hit him over the head with. He's been in the area for 12 years now, around his family. He's settled and his son is still quite young. Taking on a smaller club might not fit with his personal circumstances as it would probably mean moving and I don't think anyone here is in a position to make those decisions for him. Therefore, whether he gets the gig now, later or not at all, will ultimately be down to whoever is running the club at the time. I can't see him being any more experienced the next time the job comes around.

Personally I'd talk to him and see what he would be prepared to go with. I think he's got the brains and personality to make a good job of it, and if he is prepared to work with someone more experienced or he will bring in someone like Newell to help him, then I'd be quite happy.

Guest elbee909

The bloke moved from Newcastle to Southampton to get games when he was clawing his way up as a footballer.  But he wouldn't be willing to move for professional reasons now, you're saying?  Don't buy it.

Tony Adams has gone from club to club getting experience from coaches and managers, all over Europe; I wouldn't want him as manager but at least he's having a proper go of it, doesn't assume he knows all he needs to.