Newcastle vs Bolton - pre-match thread

Decky

Guest johnson293

Has Keegan got them in at training tomorrow at all ?

Will he even be 'Hands On' until Friday, realistically?

Probably got a Press Conference, and loads of Media to do tomorrow. He'll probably get to meet the players, but I would doubt he'd get to 'take' training until Friday at least, if he does at all, until next week.

It may have been the players up for proving they were better than Saturday, but also just Keegans presence may have given the team a lift tonight.

I would guess Pearson may still be 'in-charge' for saturdays match.

Given

Carr Taylor Cacapa Enrique

Milner Roz N'Zogbia Duff

Viduka Owen

Seems the sane and realistic option.

a left winger and a tin man defender in the middle of midfield?

Would you rather have Carr in the midfield then? There's really are no realistic alternatives.

N'Zogbia has said he prefers playing in the centre of midfield, if you watch him he cuts inside a lot when on the wing I can see him really proving his worth as a centre midlfielder with Duff to his left and Enrique supporting from left back.

N'Zogbia has said he prefers playing in the centre of midfield, if you watch him he cuts inside a lot when on the wing I can see him really proving his worth as a centre midlfielder with Duff to his left and Enrique supporting from left back.

The Zog is our best LW,lets leave him there long term.

Given

Carr Taylor Cacapa Enrique

Milner Roz N'Zogbia Duff

Viduka Owen

Seems the sane and realistic option.

a left winger and a tin man defender in the middle of midfield?

Would you rather have Carr in the midfield then? There's really are no realistic alternatives.

Might as well have Carr, yes, if you want Rozenhall.

You're right but if you think about the balance of the team with the lack of creativity in the centre of midfield and in Duff a player who was one of the best wingers in the world this to me seems to be the best option.  If you don't do this you will have either sick one of those three on the bench or play them quite out of position.

You're right but if you think about the balance of the team with the lack of creativity in the centre of midfield and in Duff a player who was one of the best wingers in the world this to me seems to be the best option.  If you don't do this you will have either sick one of those three on the bench or play them quite out of position.

For this one game, fair enough, but long term, The Zog on the left, for me, every time.

Oh, and Duff was never one of the best in the world, for christs sake. Thats as Wrong as the "Jose didn't want to sell him", and "SAF didn't want to sell Smith" rubbish. Its that "NIFC sign a player so he's the best" rubbish.

Given

Carr Taylor Cacapa Jose

Milner Emre Charlie Duff

Owen Viduka

Is Barton available at all ? Doubt it like. And is it just yellow cards that allow you to play within 6 days of the ban, Emre ?

5-4 to the Toooooon  :lol:

"Oh, and Duff was never one of the best in the world, for christs sake"

Personal opinion, but I did just say wingers and I didn't mean ever just at that time.  He was good.  Smith, however, was always and I fear will always be a card collecting goal shy piece of wank.

Can see why people are suggesting Roz at DM as he's played there for his last club but he looks like he lacks a bit  of bottle/determination to even manage to be average here.

He lacks the ability to be even average at centre back, maybe they were just desperate to use him.

Personal opinion, but I did just say wingers and I didn't mean ever just at that time.  He was good.  Smith, however, was always and I fear will always be a card collecting goal shy piece of wank.

I know what you meant about Duff, and thats still wrong for me, he was never that good, or he'd not have been sold.

You're right about Smith, although you missed "wrong-haired" off.  :)

Can see why people are suggesting Roz at DM as he's played there for his last club but he looks like he lacks a bit  of bottle/determination to even manage to be average here.

He lacks the ability to be even average at centre back, maybe they were just desperate to use him.

Lack of options for the next game i think. I'd be astounded if he's in anyones first 11. I'm sure someone will surprise me though.....

Personal opinion, but I did just say wingers and I didn't mean ever just at that time.  He was good.  Smith, however, was always and I fear will always be a card collecting goal shy piece of w***.

I know what you meant about Duff, and thats still wrong for me, he was never that good, or he'd not have been sold.

You're right about Smith, although you missed "wrong-haired" off.  :)

Coolio, gods I love freedom of opinion.  Yet as I've read this forum for a total of 5 days and 13 hours I feel compelled to insult you as we have a difference of opinon, so here goes.  You ninny.

Lack of options for the next game i think. I'd be astounded if he's in anyones first 11. I'm sure someone will surprise me though.....

Oh, there'll be some idiot who reckons he's good enough because he plays for us.