Kevin Keegan's Black and White Army 0-0 Bolton - 19/1/08 - Reaction from Page 18

James

Given - 8 super save at the end

Carr - 6 didn't have much to do defensively but did it well, got forward lots but final ball was shocking. that shot around 80 mins summed him up, wilful trier but not much quality.

Taylor - 7 played well, bossed davies, was calm and sensible. went to sleep right after getting MOTM tho.

Cacapa - 7 played the ball out well, lots of good passes out wide, intelligent game.

Enrique - 6 didn't get forward enough, too timid in the final third. stayed on his feet quite a lot and hassled bolton well.

Milner - 4 had a lot of the ball but struggled to work space and crossing was terrible.

Rozehnal - 6 looked like he didnt know where to play, too static when off the ball. some of his threaded passes were pretty good but inconsistent. won quite a lot in the air which is suprising.

N'Zogbia - 7 probably our best player, put himself about, tracked back, went out wide a hell of a lot but couldn't find the piece of magic amongst the 10 men bolton had pinned back. corners poor.

Duff - 5 couldnt beat his man, had to come inside and congest the play. had one nice backheel into the box when two men were on him at the corner flag. so good on wednesday but back to usual against prem opposition.

Ameobi - 5 awful first half, but much better in the 2nd when he started dropping back and helping release the runners. looked like he couldve had a pen when tumbled over in the box. could've done better with the header that went about a foot over the bar.

Owen - 3 made no impression, thoroughly dominated, couldnt outpace or outmuscle anyone. legs have gone. couldve been playing with 10 men at times.

Only thing i'm bothered about is the press and the way they will write this as it being a disasterous start to KK's campaign

Best thing about todays game is we all looked UNITED. Players didnt hide wanted to play looked for the ball and fans sounded like they where behind the team and management.

Quite frankly F**k the press bunch of tossers who hate us and would continue to hate us whatever the result, read the bbc match report not quite the same game I was watching which while we where not brilliant we where not as bad as made out. A little bit of quality in the center and a little bit more time with the players and we will be ok

Well that was shite :lol:

Great atmosphere (ish) and great to see KK back.

He has a lot of work to do and a lot of spending to do too as half those players are not KK players and never will be.

@ HTT,

Which of those players do you think are KK players?

NZogbia, Enrique, Taylor, Duff...Enrique...Kazenga?

Milner needs replacing.  He compares unfavourably to Solano in every department, and he's 10 years younger. 

Crossing was woeful today though he did look a little better when he went to the left maybe Sam had something there

Carroll aside, I would rather have matched their 5 in midfield with Lua Lua and not had him in the team.

And that would have brought us the win?

Doubt it very much.

:lol: ... 0-0 wasn't it?

Really?

Thanks for that smart arse.

Well I'm just saying, playing Shola up there clearly did the trick! Playing him or a 5 man midfield is equally as "negative".

Shola has scored against Bolton at home for the last two seasons in a row

:lol:

:frantic:

I was impressed with Enrique again today, i think he will turn out to be a very good buy and in months to come i think it will be 1 of the few positives to come from SA reign. Enrique looks like he has everything needed to be a decent LB in the premiership

Milner needs replacing.  He compares unfavourably to Solano in every department, and he's 10 years younger. 

:lol:

It's so true though, and that's the sad thing.

Have you seen Solano for West Ham? As old and slow as he is, he has still looked excellent out wide.

Currently 10 times th eplayer Milner is ... and that is just wrong.

I was impressed with Enrique again today, i think he will turn out to be a very good buy and in months to come i think it will be 1 of the few positives to come from SA reign. Enrique looks like he has everything needed to be a decent LB in the premiership

He did OK today.  His concentration is still diabolical, hopefully that will come though

Guest Brazilianbob

I really can't believe how naive some people are on here calling Owen cr*p, yet in the same breath arguing that KK needs to bring in more creative players.

Owen is not, has never been, and never will be, a player who creates his own chances.  The sooner people realize that the better. What Owen does is put the ball away when it is there to be attacked.  The introduction of creative players will present those type of chances and he will score goals.

To my mind we are crying out for a player like Deco, he will thread passes to Owen or put wingers in behind full backs who will put the ball into the danger areas for Owen to attack.

Guest Knightrider

Well that was shite :lol:

He has a lot of work to do and a lot of spending to do too as half those players are not KK players and never will be.

@ HTT,

Enrique I'm not so sure about, I like him myself but KK spent the first half screaming at him to get forward and to support Duff. The others certainly. The grafters in our team though may find themselves eventually moved on. I can't see Owen being a mainstay either. Martins - I think KK will love and see as a huge challenge.

Crossing was woeful today though he did look a little better when he went to the left maybe Sam had something there

The best thing he managed to do all day was a bad cross that almost accidentally beat Jaaskelainen.  His form this season has been awful.

Surprised Shola's getting so much grief considering he was nor involved than Owen. Same problems still, no pace out wide and Zog being wasted in the middle.

Who would you put in the middle like?

We had nee fucker else.

The best thing he managed to do all day was a bad cross that almost accidentally beat Jaaskelainen.  His form this season has been awful.

Cross for Rozehnal.............. but yeah he wasnt great.

Well that was s**** :lol:

@ HTT,

Enrique I'm not so sure about, I like him myself but KK spent the first half screaming at him to get forward and to support Duff. The others certainly. The grafters in our team though may find themselves eventually moved on. I can't see Owen being a mainstay either. Martins - I think KK will love and see as a huge challenge.

Milner is in big trouble that is a certainty, and I will disagree with you a bit regarding Duff. I think he is in trouble too, especially as Zoggy looks so much more direct and dangerous than Duff out wide. Duff is the dilly dally man. A dilly here ... a dally there ... then proceeds tof all over and lose the ball.

Owen is done, definitely. An absolutely painful experience to watch him play the game at the moment. Has now resorted to falling over and crying for penalties. He's done.

It's like 1996 all over again :yikes:

Seriously, though, shitehouse tactics from Bolton. And anyone thinking we'd suddenly start playing like Barca with the current squad, whilst wearing a silly 'The King is back' hat, was seriously deluded.

did play well in the 2nd half, attacked constantly just didnt have the quality to find space or do something magical. the crossing was pretty bad too but it doesnt help that you had mr invisible and shola ameobi who decreases in height when he goes to head the ball. bolton "parked the bus", fucking crap stuff from them but you have to admit they were well organised. their fans never made a peep either.

The best thing he managed to do all day was a bad cross that almost accidentally beat Jaaskelainen.

No, the best thing he managed to do was an unbelievably fierce shot which would almost certainly have ended up in the Gallowgate goal if it hadn't been for the entire Bolton team standing between him and the goal line.  Jesus, he wasn't that bad today; he waits too long to release the ball and gets crowded out too often, but Zoggy is every bit as guilty of that.

:thup:

Well that was s**** :lol:

@ HTT,

Milner is in big trouble that is a certainty, and I will disagree with you a bit regarding Duff. I think he is in trouble too, especially as Zoggy looks so much more direct and dangerous than Duff out wide. Duff is the dilly dally man. A dilly here ... a dally there ... then proceeds tof all over and lose the ball.

Owen is done, definitely. An absolutely painful experience to watch him play the game at the moment. Has now resorted to falling over and crying for penalties. He's done.

duff is the wing equivalent of scott parker, shufflle to one side, shuffle to the other, spin this way, then that way. same with milner who has even less ability.

If we'd playd like that under Allardyce i would have been on here slating the performance and result. However, since we are under Keegan i fully understand why we were not fireing on all cylinders and can at least hope for improment in the future.

As a footballing side we dominated throughout but never really looked like scoring, at least we played on the deck. However, as a rugby side Bolton won hands down. They were physical, dirty, long ball esq, cheating, time wasting scum. Our much smaller players never had a hope in hell especially alongside a terrible ref.

As for ratings here goes:

Given- 7 Not needed for most spells, reliable when called upon.

Carr-7 Much improved, got forward well, needs shooting practise.

Taylor-8 Absolute colloseus. Dominated form start to finsh and SHOULD be captain.

Cacapa-7 Alongside Taylor didn't have much to do.

Enrique-8 Allardyce must have been mad not picking this kid, great forward play, defending and passing.

Milner-7 Pushed and probed with no real guile.

Rozenhal-6 Not dominant enough, mixed results with passing.

Zoggy- 7 Our biggest threat, good display in the attacking but again didn't dominate.

Duff-6 Worked his socks off. Got the feeling Enrique deserved someone better with him though.

Owen-7 Barely had a sniff in front of goal, some decent link up though.

Ameobi-7 I know he isn't good enough but he wasn't terrible today, mainly because he is big.

Thoughts, Kev needs to find a dominant midfield player Beardsley esq. Great day all the same.