Lukas Podolski anyone?

WarrenBartonCentrePartin
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All the talk is that its Man City who are after him, but seeing as though Bayern are prepared to let him go out on loan, I think it has to be worth shot at us trying to get him here until the end of the season.

When I've watched him for the German national team, he hasn't seemed a bad player, and when you consider at the minute we're missing Martins, Smith hasn't even scored yet, Viduka has been largely underperforming, Owen could get injured in a split-second and, well.....Shola doesn't bear thinking about, we might as well throw our name into the fold.

After all, we're not wasting any of our precious kitty, just whatever proportion we'll have to pay of his wages.  And if he's shit we can just send him back to Germany in the summer!

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3067723,00.html

No way. Klinsmann has drawn up a list of existing Bayern players, which he definitely wants i his team for next year. Podolski was more or less on top...

We made a bid, it got knocked back cos of the above...

However Klinsmann isn't there for 6 months....in the mean time...

Great player, but on loan? Not interested.

All that does is improve someone else's player. We've got Martins and Owen as midget strikers, let's concentrate on getting them to the top of their game before we bother with anyone else's players.

Even if he came and did fab, we'd still not make europe, and we should be safe from relegation regardless. So there's no point getting him on loan IMO.

Been a bit of flop at Bayern. IIRC he is a dwarf, we need a mobile big man that is decent.

5'11", hardly a dwarf.

He is good for Germany but shite for Bayern.  It would be a risk and I'd rather just spend big bucks on a top class striker.

Great player, but on loan? Not interested.

All that does is improve someone else's player. We've got Martins and Owen as midget strikers, let's concentrate on getting them to the top of their game before we bother with anyone else's players.

Even if he came and did fab, we'd still not make europe, and we should be safe from relegation regardless. So there's no point getting him on loan IMO.

While Martins is away and while Owen is shit/injured/not interested, i'd take him on loan.

It would do us as many favours as it would them.

Podolski & Van Buyten double loan deal.

:thup: