Spurs - why do so many people on here hate them?

Rob W

I don't particularly dislike them - they've never done us over big time, they win nowt (like us), they don't have a mad manager, or a Russian Zillionaire, they try and play decent football, their fans are a lot quieter than anything out of Manchester or Merseyside, they wash , you can just about breathe the air there......

Admittedly I've had a couple of interesting runs ahead of the mob from the ground down to teh station but Hey!  I needed the exercise - and they're nothing like Millwall or Chelski or....anyone in Glasgow in the violence stakes

So why are they on so many hate lists?

I hate Spurs more than anything because their fans think they're a top4 team. Their ambitions are way ahead of their skills....

I hate Spurs more than anything because their fans think they're a top4 team. Their ambitions are way ahead of their skills....

Alot of fans hate us for exactly the same reason.  We aren't a big club.

Well I don't think we're a top4 club. That league belongs to Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd.

Well I don't think we're a top4 club. That league belongs to Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd.

Corrected

Corrected

There was a time when it used to belong to Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle.

Regards,

Ericz

Every fuckin spuds fans ive met, has has the biggest bastard head possible.

They all talk like they are the best team in europe, all talk like they are the best team of the past 10 year. All talk like they beat anyone for the past 10yrs, think Jenas and Robinson are the best players in England, will pick any of their players are the best in the country, reckon newcastle are shite etc etc, dont say fuck all when they are losing, but saying everything when they are winning, absolute fuckin cockney wankers through and through. They are just big headed cunts basically.

Why the fuck they are allowed on this forum i do not know.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Think we're a top 4 team? I dont know where you live but the spurs fans you live near must be right delusional cunts. We have ambitions to be a top 4 team. We have aspirations. Ans if you dont have those, what do you have? We have been laughed at for having this ambition. I suppose it would be better if we all just sat back and let the top 4 monopoly continue. Might as well not turn up as all we will do is fight for pointless positions.  Villa, City and Everton are having a right go at 4th place this season and good luck to them. Hope one of them gets it.

And Karjala. :lol: You're on a nice little crusade against spurs fans arent you? We think we are the best team in Europe? Just 3 months ago, half our support was convinced we were going to get relegated! Best team of the last ten years. Biggest piece of bullshit Ive ever heard and not even the most hateful of Arsenal fans would agree with your opinion there. Think Jenas and Robinson are the best players in England? mackems.gif Is that why we have been calling for Robinson to be dropped for months now while many of our support dont rate Jenas. I ll leave it at that, cant be bothered to argue with everything you've said.

But hey, lets not let facts get in the way of a good bashing eh?

Every fuckin spuds fans ive met, has has the biggest b****** head possible.

They all talk like they are the best team in europe, all talk like they are the best team of the past 10 year. All talk like they beat anyone for the past 10yrs, think Jenas and Robinson are the best players in England, will pick any of their players are the best in the country, reckon newcastle are s**** etc etc, dont say f*** all when they are losing, but saying everything when they are winning, absolute fuckin cockney wankers through and through. They are just big headed c***s basically.

Why the f*** they are allowed on this forum i do not know.

What Spurs_from_Africa said.  If you really do believe that Spurs fans think we've had the best team for the past 10 years, we're the best team in Europe etc etc I feel sorry for you because you really do have a problem.  During that period we've spent more time in the bottom half than the top, you know, we know it.

In my humble opinion, I am of the view that loving/supporting a team doesn't mean hating the others. So no, I do not hate them at all, just like I do not hate Sunderland either. It does not always have to be that way. We should should bring love into the world, not hatred.

In truth, I am very happy for them for what they have achieved in the past 2 seasons. They have perform very well under Martin Jol. I really hope they will be able to provide some competition for the 'Big Four'. That way, it provides more competition. In any case, their current manager, Juande Ramos is also a world-class manager. An excellent choice. Their squad is relatively decent as well and I reckon some of their players will walk into any premiership squad anyday.

Additionally, it is always fantastic to see Newcastle winning against opponents that are worthy instead of teams where the standard of football is appalling.

Regards,

Ericz

fuck the others, man.. and what kind of a deranged human being would finish his forum posts with 'Regards, Ericz'.. this ain't no fucking english class, my friend.. this is WAR! fuck spurs and fuck their fickle itk bullshit fans..

In my humble opinion, I am of the view that loving/supporting a team doesn't mean hating the others. So no, I do not hate them at all, just like I do not hate Sunderland either. It does not always have to be that way. We should should bring love into the world, not hatred.

In truth, I am very happy for them for what they have achieved in the past 2 seasons. They have perform very well under Martin Jol. I really hope they will be able to provide some competition for the 'Big Four'. That way, it provides more competition. In any case, their current manager, Juande Ramos is also a world-class manager. An excellent choice. Their squad is relatively decent as well and I reckon some of their players will walk into any premiership squad anyday.

Additionally, it is always fantastic to see Newcastle winning against opponents that are worthy instead of teams where the standard of football is appalling.

Regards,

Ericz

f*** the others, man.. and what kind of a deranged human being would finish his forum posts with 'Regards, Ericz'.. this ain't no f****** english class, my friend.. this is WAR! f*** spurs and f*** their fickle itk bullshit fans..

Humbleness and politeness goes a long way in life :)

Regards,

Ericz

God some of you need to calm down on here!

My cocks bigger than your cock! Blah Blah Blah

I know some spurs fans I get on with well, and some I don't.

You get good and bad at any club, just if you've run into the bad ones each time you come to the narrowminded conclusion that they are all like that!

Fuck me Man U fans though! every one of them are cunts. lol

Two of my mates are Spurs fans and they're both sound.  They don't get ideas above their station going on about being a bigger club or whatever, but then they live up here and come with us to SJP every season and every season they get beat, so they've sort of got to be humble with us lot.

For some reason though internet Spurs fans feel the need to come on toon message boards more than pretty much anyone else arguing the toss, even more than mackems.  Dunno if it's living in the shadow of a big club that does it or what, but as we only seem to get Spurs, Everton and Sunderland fans registering just to have a pop that does seem to be the common denominator.  The fact we never get Liverpool or Arsenal fans registering solely because we've taken a turn for the worse or their lot for the better probably says a lot about the gulf between them and their neighbours.

Regards,

Ericz

fuck the others, man.. and what kind of a deranged human being would finish his forum posts with 'Regards, Ericz'.. this ain't no fucking english class, my friend.. this is WAR! fuck spurs and fuck their fickle itk bullshit fans..

I had 'Two Tribes' playing in my head when I read that.

Guest criminalz

I hate Spurs and almost every other team in the EPL. Up to recently i dun really have a problem with derby. I just think they are all shitty.

Only Newcastle is the best team in the world.

*and my frds call me delusional..huh, what do they know.. ;D

I hate spurs because no matter how shit they play, no matter how much of a joke their defence is, they don't get the criticism they deserve. I am fucking sick of watching all the footy shows on tv like MOTD, soccer saturday etc etc and hearing "newcastle need to get the defence right its just not good enough" from one guy and then 30 seconds later Spurs are a good solid side they have talented defenders whilst they sit there and watch another 3 or 4 goals sailing past the pathetic Paul Robinson!!!!!!!

That brings me onto another point about them - their fans sing englands number 1 at their keeper - are they really that stupid to think he is good????

p.s they have Goldfish boy - thats a good reason to dislike them.

Regards,

Ericz

f*** the others, man.. and what kind of a deranged human being would finish his forum posts with 'Regards, Ericz'.. this ain't no f****** english class, my friend.. this is WAR! f*** spurs and f*** their fickle itk bullshit fans..

I had 'Two Tribes' playing in my head when I read that.

good, that's the desired effect.

Guest sappleton

I've only ever met one Spurs fan that i like and he was from Portsmouth. Every other Spurs fan i've met has been a f****** tool.

I actually enjoy watching them play and i like some of their players but their fans are a waste of skin.

couldnt agree more

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

I hate spurs because no matter how s*** they play, no matter how much of a joke their defence is, they don't get the criticism they deserve. I am f****** sick of watching all the footy shows on tv like MOTD, soccer saturday etc etc and hearing "newcastle need to get the defence right its just not good enough" from one guy and then 30 seconds later Spurs are a good solid side they have talented defenders whilst they sit there and watch another 3 or 4 goals sailing past the pathetic Paul Robinson!!!!!!!

That brings me onto another point about them - their fans sing englands number 1 at their keeper - are they really that stupid to think he is good????

p.s they have Goldfish boy - thats a good reason to dislike them.

If you honestly believe that, you are even more deluded than that kar whatever bloke. Every single article/pundit/commentator etc. rip into us, about the horrible way we sacked Jol, about our position in the league, about how poor our defence is. In fact, a few weeks ago, one of the pundits on that gillette thing on ssn was talking about how on his debut, they had beaten us 3-0. Stelling then said 30 years later, and tottenham's defence still hadnt got any better. I dont think Ive ever heard a pundit say, at least for the last few years, look how solid their defence is. Most of it has been, they need King back, that how poor their defence is. Every time the other team get a set-piece, they look like conceeding.

And as for Robinson. As a rule of thumb, we like to support our players mate. Robbo has shown before he is loyal to the club. When he is playing shit, jeering, booing and barracking is hardly likely to make that performance better is it? We know he is not the best keeper. But as I said, the majority of our fans would like to support rather than jeer.

• 1 month later...

Talking to a Spurs "fan" in a pub in town this afternoon.

In a conversation started by him about people hating spurs, (apparently) all the other London clubs and north east teams hate Spurs because although their team hasn't been good, their fans are regarded as the best fighters in London.  Now their team is "doing the business" again the other London clubs hate them even more.

:lol:

all the other London clubs and north east teams hate Spurs because although their team hasn't been good, their fans are regarded as the best fighters in London. 

Never heard that one, like. And it isn't like there are no serious scrappers at Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, Millwall...

f*** me Man U fans though! every one of them are c***s. lol

Tell me about it, the number of Man U fans i know whose "uncle/aunty is from Manchester" is unreal, there has to be some incest in there somewhere. I have a housemate who is a "big" Man U fan and she's fucking clueless about the club. Really winds me up on match days when she celbrates them scoring or other rivals losing.

I'd pull her up about it and bust her balls about it but shes a psychotic bitch and would probably stab me at night while i was touching myself.

I dislike them because after Man u they are the team that the commentators & journalists wank over the (second) most. According to them at the beginning of every season they are hailed as the ones who are going to crash the top 4, win the UEFA Cup, the FA Cup and the League Cup (oh ok). When they take on a Director of Football they are hailed as forward looking and when we do it we are looked on as fools. When their fans boo them it's totally ignored and when they had a worse defensive record than us it was ignored as well.

Having said all that I know a few Spurs fans and they're all pretty sound.