Goran Pandev- Newcastle have bid for me

SUPERTOON

Never coming here. just looking for some attention from bigger clubs.

What's with the inferiority complex round here?

Keegan said he was going for big players right? He said there was no reason why big players wouldn't want to come here right?

Come on now! Stop this stuff. It's not like we are talking about signing Eto'o here.

I'm sure if we wanted Pandev we could get him.

“From what I know, Kevin Keegan wants me at his disposal immediately, but it is not for me to decide."

Apologies if this has already been posted within another article, but it looked new to me.

It's on the Channel 4 website.

Can't really say it's a transfer that I am bowled over simply because I haven't witnessed enough of the lad to justify some of the reactions on here.

Obviously if we do buy him I hope we have bought a gem of a player.  :thup:

Can't really say it's a transfer that I am bowled over simply because I haven't witnessed enough of the lad to justify some of the reactions on here.

I only know him because he's a beast on Football Manager, and for all the stick the game takes on here as a basis of knowledge, it's pretty well researched these days. I suppose for many that's enough to get them excited.

Like you, I'll wait and see if it does happen and hope for the best.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Very good player from what Ive seen, would be an excellent signing for the majority of premiership teams. I suppose this would mean the end of one of either Owen or Martins if it did come of?

I only know him because he's a beast on Football Manager, and for all the stick the game takes on here as a basis of knowledge, it's pretty well researched these days. I suppose for many that's enough to get them excited.

Like you, I'll wait and see if it does happen and hope for the best.

Good old Transfer Windows.  :cheesy:

Very good player from what Ive seen, would be an excellent signing for the majority of premiership teams. I suppose this would mean the end of one of either Owen or Martins if it did come of?

We can only hope its the end of Owen, but i doubt it.

Hopefully Pandev will be converted into an attacking mid running with the ball through the middle, at least until we get more bodies in, then we can push him further forward.

Can he play wide right?

Wikipedia's take:

Goran Pandev's position varies, his favoured position is a centre foward (supporting striker) for Lazio playing behind Tommaso Rocchi, but since Srecko Katanec became the head coach of the Macedonian National Team (EURO 2008 Qualifiers) he has been given a free role which means he can play anywhere in the midfield. This position is very similar to Attacking Midfield.

this is the type of player you need to help owen. It allows owen to push on while a supporting striker picks the ball up and looks to get the ball through for him.

This and his legs back..

along with being a massive NUFC fan lazio is the club that i support in italia.  I've seen goran play a number of times for lazio and a couple of time for macedonia.  He big, strong, and has decent technical ablility and oddly enough if i had to compare him to a current prem striker i would have to say he's similar another one of our transfer targets dean ashton.  not sure how good of a signing goran would be for us as i'm sure he would need time to adjust to the style of play but may turn out good in the long run.  Don't quote me on this but i think he's only 25....would rather have ashton though

along with being a massive NUFC fan lazio is the club that i support in italia.  I've seen goran play a number of times for lazio and a couple of time for macedonia.  He big, strong, and has decent technical ablility and oddly enough if i had to compare him to a current prem striker i would have to say he's similar another one of our transfer targets dean ashton.  not sure how good of a signing goran would be for us as i'm sure he would need time to adjust to the style of play but may turn out good in the long run.  Don't quote me on this but i think he's only 25....would rather have ashton though

He's a crock?

He's a crock?

i don't follow

Guest elbee909

He's a crock?

i don't follow

Likely to be injured all that time?

He's a crock?

i don't follow

Likely to be injured all that time?

ahh...no every time i watch lazio he's on the pitch