Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

I love the knee-jerkism on football forums like. Cacapa a couple of months ago was top drawer, best defender we've had since Woodgate etc and Taylor was gash. Now everyone seems to be overrating Taylor and saying how bad Cacapa is.  :rolleyes:

Good job i;ve never rated him then isn't it, you can go back and check all my posts on him, at most i've given him time to settle in, that's about it.

Taylor i've always rated and stuck up for, but been realistic about at the same time.

So who are these kneejerkers you talk of?

I know you have always rated Taylor though, and don't remember your opinion on Cacapa, but I've just recently noticed that you don't rate him which is fair enough, as I feel the same about Taylor.

But most of the forum from Cacapa's earlier performances were absolutely lauding over him, then now all think he's pretty bog standard.

Cacapa has shown that he is an excellent player of excellent pedigree.

However, I have pointed out before that we have signed players used to playing in good teams that seem to crumble when the rest of the team under the cosh.

Allardyce made this worse by reckoning that we should be looking to play under the cosh and the long ball a 1-0 win.

I would like to see how Cacapa and other players like Butt will do when Keegan puts a team out with the intention of putting the opposition under the cosh.

Guest MaetihS

is it just me Faye and Cacapa are my first choice CBs. I have never rated Taylor. a very average player....constantly make silly decisions and very poor positioning.

I love the knee-jerkism on football forums like. Cacapa a couple of months ago was top drawer, best defender we've had since Woodgate etc and Taylor was gash. Now everyone seems to be overrating Taylor and saying how bad Cacapa is.  :rolleyes:

Good job i;ve never rated him then isn't it, you can go back and check all my posts on him, at most i've given him time to settle in, that's about it.

Taylor i've always rated and stuck up for, but been realistic about at the same time.

I know you have always rated Taylor though, and don't remember your opinion on Cacapa, but I've just recently noticed that you don't rate him which is fair enough, as I feel the same about Taylor.

But most of the forum from Cacapa's earlier performances were absolutely lauding over him, then now all think he's pretty bog standard.

I checked, just in case i was setting myself up for a fall  O0  :lol: but i've not really commented on Cacapa until October time and since then i've not rated him as a footballer, and since then he's had about 2 average games, the rest games Bramble would be disgusted with.

Taylor's young, Cacapa's got no excuse for the mistakes he makes, we'd be in even more shit if it wasn't for him having some kind of lucky charm around his neck, some of the stuff that hasn't become goals is nothing short of a minor miracle.

Maybe if he gets on form he could be a decent player, but he has so many glaring weaknesses and at his age he's never going to find what he needs for this league.

The Rozy & Cacapa pairing was probably one of the worst central partnerships we've ever seen at this club. I'd take O'Brien & Bramble over them two soft fuking clowns. Embarrassing considering the reputation they both had.

Bemused by people rating Cacapa, shits himself every time under a high ball challenge from a physical centre forward.  I can see why he did well in France but not the rock we should be basing our defence around, he couldn't lace a half fit woodgate's boots!

Probably because Cacapa has got steadily worse. Clearly a confidence issue, which hopefully will be put right ASAP.

Bemused by people rating Cacapa, shits himself every time under a high ball challenge from a physical centre forward.  I can see why he did well in France but not the rock we should be basing our defence around, he couldn't lace a half fit woodgate's boots!

Seemed to do well against Bolton's lot though. Learning and gaining in confidence perhaps? Perhaps a change in the team's approach has also helped?

Guest pistonism

Taylor isn't a first team player.

Neither is Cacapa.

Rozehnal is a rubbish.

Edgar is yet too young.

So the answer is quite simple.

Bring Woody back !!

How can you say Cacapa is getting worse. He's sorted his act out since the Portsmouth game. He's starting to play with a lot of confidence.

I think he's been poor since that game tbh. He was shocking against Man United in that second half. Doesn't fill me with confidence at all.

Still, he's foreign, so I should like him.

How can you say Cacapa is getting worse. He's sorted his act out since the Portsmouth game. He's starting to play with a lot of confidence.

Started well, had a blip, lost confidence, now getting it back and starting to look assured. We simply have to stop writing players off so soon in their Toon careers. Especially ones from abroad.

I think he's been poor since that game tbh. He was shocking against Man United in that second half. Doesn't fill me with confidence at all.

Everyone was shocking in that second half tbf.

Seemed to do well against Bolton's lot though. Learning and gaining in confidence perhaps? Perhaps a change in the team's approach has also helped?

Certainly willing to see if that does actually come true and reserve opinion, still quite nervious about him and if I was given the chance of signing a Woodgate or even better a Sol Campbell, I wouldn't hesitate.

I thought Taylor actually played well, considering he was trying to do the job of two men. Cacapa went missing.

I thought Taylor actually played well, considering he was trying to do the job of two men. Cacapa went missing.

I thought he was poor too. Fwiw I think Cacapa will struggle a bit in the Premier League due to his physique. I don't particularly want Woodgate here either though and Campbell would be very short-term (this season and next probably). Buy a RB and play Beye alongside Faye.

Think he is slow, tries to play out of defence but cant, has moments of poor judgement and has cost us goals as such!

That's exactly how I see Taylor.

taylor is a brilliant prospect who gives everything for this club. hes not that slow, he doesn't give the ball away bringing it out and his judgement will come as he gets older. should be fighting with Faye and another for a first team place

cacapa is poor in the air, slow and looks very shaky at times, should be kept as 4th choice with rozehnal out of the door.

Taylor's played about 80-90 games for the first team now you know. I know he's young but I don't see evidence of him learning from his mistakes.

Now Keegan's here i don't see Taylor being dropped. Geordie lad who's come through the academy - he's pretty much nailed on to be a starter.

IMO we don't need any more CBs. We need a backup Left back, some decent midfielders and possibly a striker.

I'd say Taylor has one world class attribute that is very noticeable, and disguises less visible weaknesses in his game. I'll give people three guesses as to what I think that attribute is.

Sticking out his chest? Because I'll never guess if I have to take this seriously.