Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

Quite simply Woodgate is the best defender I have ever seen in a Toon shirt. Hope he comes & stays fit. That's the gamble.

Don't worry Big Sam's fitness regime will work wonders on him.....oh wait.

The same one that worked wonders with Owen.......oh wait.

Please give Cacapa and Roz a bit of time to settle down.

It is difficult living away from home. They need time to adapt to the environment and the style of EPL too. We should be welcoming them, encouraging them and helping them to adapt. The least we could do is to undermine them and throw them out. Imagine people treating you that way when you did not have the time to adapt to a changing environment and as such has not tried to perform to your best yet. Observe more before jumping to any conclusion.

Please people out there... don't be so impatient and considerate to others too. It's really not easy to be away from home especially the first time.

Cacapa has been away from Brazil for years & Roz has left home a while ago as well. Your making excuses for them. Bramble & Dawson have been playing in the EPL for years & they dont seem to be getting better. I do belive they need more time, mainly to see if the odd good game is the rarity or the piss poor games.

Different teams have different cultures. Moving to a new place also means you have to look for your own home and to get used to things around. It's not so easy as many would think. Once you live away from home, not for leisure basis, but for work purposes, you will know what I mean.

I don't like to do things in a rush. If someone has been in Newcastle for 1 to 2 years and he still can't adapt, then of course there will be no excuses. But, they have only been here for a little, why rule them out so fast. I just don't want us to regret in the future when they move other clubs and other clubs give them time and they actually turn out to be a decent player or a world-class player even.

You know many people thrive on being encouraged and like. It helps people to do better. I don't see why we shouldn't do that. Of course, there's a limit but please don't set your limit so low. I'm sure even if you fail in your studies, encouragement is always better than discouragement, right?

I just think we should be more understanding and put ourselves in their shoes. Of course, the understanding must be reasonable as well.

Regards,

Ericz

It is difficult living away from home. They need time to adapt to the environment and the style of EPL too. We should be welcoming them, encouraging them and helping them to adapt. The least we could do is to undermine them and throw them out. Imagine people treating you that way when you did not have the time to adapt to a changing environment and as such has not tried to perform to your best yet. Observe more before jumping to any conclusion.

Please people out there... don't be so impatient and considerate to others too. It's really not easy to be away from home especially the first time.

Cacapa has been away from Brazil for years & Roz has left home a while ago as well. Your making excuses for them. Bramble & Dawson have been playing in the EPL for years & they dont seem to be getting better. I do belive they need more time, mainly to see if the odd good game is the rarity or the piss poor games.

Different teams have different cultures. Moving to a new place also means you have to look for your own home and to get used to things around. It's not so easy as many would think. Once you live away from home, not for leisure basis, but for work purposes, you will know what I mean.

I don't like to do things in a rush. If someone has been in Newcastle for 1 to 2 years and he still can't adapt, then of course there will be no excuses. But, they have only been here for a little, why rule them out so fast. I just don't want us to regret in the future when they move other clubs and other clubs give them time and they actually turn out to be a decent player or a world-class player even.

You know many people thrive on being encouraged and like. It helps people to do better. I don't see why we shouldn't do that. Of course, there's a limit but please don't set your limit so low. I'm sure even if you fail in your studies, encouragement is always better than discouragement, right?

I just think we should be more understanding and put ourselves in their shoes. Of course, the understanding must be reasonable as well.

Regards,

Ericz

The little I have been able to see them play after a year of intense studies and work they have looked alright. Have read (mostly on here) that they have been awful in other games though. Generally we seem to be writing of people to soon, though I have a hard time thinking about players who turned good after they left us. I seem to remember that R. Dunne at Man City was seen as a pretty bad defender and he has turned good so (correct me if you think I am wrong on this one:)). My point is that they might still turn out ok, give them another season before writing them of totally and if they are not up to it by then sell them.

Two seconds here. Clubs employ people to look after the players & help them settle in. At Man Utd they have people on a 24 hour helpline looking after players every whim. These guys are used to living away from home & have done for years.

I did say I want to see them play a few more games before deciding if the shit games are the norm or not. Cacapa is 31 & only played about 5 games last season for Lyon, I can tell you now he is not going to become a world class player. Roz played in a PSG team that was very poor & has been poor overall for us, so I think I am on safe ground here saying he will not become world class. Decent is the best either of these will become.

They need to play well for people to get behind them, nobody backs a loser. Harsh but that is the reality & not the theory.

Is there anything concrete in this at the moment, it seems like alot of speculation at the moment, can anyone offer any clear cut information?

Keegan could be described as after Woodgate if you take into account that Keegan was appointed in 2008 whereas Woodgate played for us circa 2002. Though Keegan could also be before woodgate in that he was a player circa 1983 and a manager circa 1992. Thus Woodgate is after Keegan. Of course, if Woodgate is signed again, he will be before and after Keegan like a sandwich[/random gobbledegook]

Keegan could be described as after Woodgate if you take into account that Keegan was appointed in 2008 whereas Woodgate played for us circa 2002. Though Keegan could also be before woodgate in that he was a player circa 1983 and a manager circa 1992. Thus Woodgate is after Keegan. Of course, if Woodgate is signed again, he will be before and after Keegan like a sandwich[/random gobbledegook]

Why on earth did you post that?

Started off as something different, but couldn't find the words to say what I wanted, so it turned into something different. My mind is dead tonight.

Started off as something different, but couldn't find the words to say what I wanted, so it turned into something different. My mind is dead tonight.

i gather.  :yikes:

Have a lie down, it will feel better in the morning.  :razz:

Heard a strong word that Pandev and Woody have had medicals today and will be unveiled in the next few days

Howey (with injuries and everything) and Beardsley is back then!

Guest trainer

Heard a strong word that Pandev and Woody have had medicals today and will be unveiled in the next few days

Howey (with injuries and everything) and Beardsley is back then!

Yea and Shearer out of retirement

Surely a medical is the final part of the deal, though? If you complete your medical then you've usually had an offer accepted for you, agreed a contract, etc.

Why would it take a few days to unveil them after a medical?