Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

Honestly, how can you argue that Spurs dont have an upper hand against us? Better side, better manager, better players, guarenteed European football. Where's you arguement?

???

Honestly, how can you argue that Spurs dont have an upper hand against us? Better side, better manager, better players, guarenteed European football. Where's you arguement?

???

How do you work that out?

???

LC Final

I wouldn't be surprised if Woodgate had failed a medical with us, things have changed so much over the last couple of days and what has come from his father doesn't add up.

Does anybody remember when John Salako failed a medical here?

???

LC Final

So it's guaranteed, they just have to beat Chelsea.

???

LC Final

Just FA Cup final you get into Europe, aint it?  Unless rules changed.

???

LC Final

Just FA Cup final you get into Europe, aint it?  Unless rules changed.

Exactly. In the League Cup the place goes to the League, not the runner-up.

Is it not the case that League cup winners go automatically into Europe and if the're already in Europe the losing finalists take the slot? Forgive me if i'm wrong.

Regardless of that though, Spurs are a much more attractive prospect for a player than our circus at the mo, and Woodgate has realised this.

Is it not the case that League cup winners go automatically into Europe and if the're already in Europe the losing finalists take the slot? Forgive me if i'm wrong.

Regardless of that though, Spurs are a much more attractive prospect for a player than our circus at the mo, and Woodgate has realised this.

Read above; in the League Cup the place goes to the highest league club not already qualified.

I think you might be right about how attractive both clubs are right now, but it's hardly the gulf you are suggesting.

Not in the League Cup, otherwise Birmingham, Tranmere & Wigan would have been in Europe in recent years.

Not in the League Cup, otherwise Birmingham, Tranmere & Wigan would have been in Europe in recent years.

OK, cheers for putting it in a smarm-free manner. Yorkshire short arses take note.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

i dont know how people can say spurs arent better than us, i do feel we may have some better individuals, but the fact is, thats what we have, they have a good TEAM. People seem to think that because a manager did well for us 10 years ago in a 2 team league where we had more cash than anybody, he will now do great. The fact is, we are at the same level as man city were when keegan brought them up, and he took them nowhere, which is what will happen with us.

if i had the choice of ramos or keegan, id b booking my flight with BA to heathrow asap

Judging from Keegan's comments about players not wanting to join us as we won't have European football for a while, I can see him meaning Woodgate tbh. Spurs may not get European football next season but they've got more chance than us, he can play for them this season in the uefa too iirc.

i dont know how people can say spurs arent better than us, i do feel we may have some better individuals, but the fact is, thats what we have, they have a good TEAM. People seem to think that because a manager did well for us 10 years ago in a 2 team league where we had more cash than anybody, he will now do great. The fact is, we are at the same level as man city were when keegan brought them up, and he took them nowhere, which is what will happen with us.

if i had the choice of ramos or keegan, id b booking my flight with BA to heathrow asap

remember arms straight across the chest when you jump on to the emergency slide