Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

Guest kingdawson

Woppdeefukindoo it looks like he's comming here :rolleyes: :frantic: :rolleyes: :frantic: :rolleyes: :thdn:

Why so down? When fit, he's one of the best centre-halves in the country.

Thats the Woodgate of 35 kizillion years ago. Currently, Woodgate is being out performed by David Wheater.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Does this mean Spurs won't be signing Puyol? ???

I would love to have some of the stuff that skysports have been having.

Us going for Puyol :lol:

Barcelona willing to sell :lol:

Him willing to come to us :lol:

One of the most ridiculous rumours I have ever heard.

Regarding Woody, would rather not have him. As good as he is, we dont need another injury prone cb.

We made good money when we sold him, he wanted to join Boro when he returned rather than us. I think we should stay well clear.

As I said earlier we should not of been trying to sign a player who had previously turned down.

Martin Jol  (xx.xx.xxx.xx)  10:01:08 PM  Posting in Keegan: Woodgate is not coming to NUFC.

Oooh, oooh, I can't wait!

You're as bad as Mosley man, checking the online list. :lol:

When it's quiet that's all I fucking do. :lol: :blush:

We made good money when we sold him, he wanted to join Boro when he returned rather than us. I think we should stay well clear.

As I said earlier we should not of been trying to sign a player who had previously turned down.

Why not?

The Mail are now saying a Spurs offer of £7m has been accepted!!  Not happy tbh if it's true.

Spurs and Middlesbrough agree £7million fee for Woodgate

Last updated at 23:09pm on 24th January 2008

Comments

Tottenham have had a £7million offer for Jonathan Woodgate accepted by Middlesbrough, who have given the defender permission to talk with the London club.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=510225&in_page_id=1779&ito=newsnow

Wonder if we'll match that now or not?  If Ashley wants to give Keegan a blank cheque,  it'd seem a bit silly not to use it to outbid/match another clubs offer for a supposed target.  If given the choice,  i'd like to think Woodgate would choose us.

No doubt in my mind that if he did have the choice, Woody would choose Newcastle.

££££££££££

No, location.

Northern lad, played for Newcastle before, wouldn't have to move.  If he did have the choice I can't think of one good reason why he would opt for Spurs.

That's what I thought then, it's still what I think now.  Absolute staggered that he's turned Newcastle down.  Delighted he has, but staggered nonetheless.

Guest kingdawson

Easy why he'd turn us down. He's been here before. Spurs are a good club where he'd get a regular game when fit.

Not 100% sure on that tbh.

I have to say that frankly I am not to bothered that Woodgate has turned us down for the 2nd time in as many years, his injury record is appalling and at a time when we probably have the best set of Centre halves at the club we have had for a long time I cant see why Keegan went for such a gamble, I for one would have gone for someone like Sol Campbell for experience, but surely Cacapa and Faye have enough experience between them to help the likes of Roz and Tayls along.

We should be looking at a back up left back or someone to provide competition for Enrique, we are covered at right back with Carr, Taylor, Edgar, Faye and even Geremi at a push.

We need a creative spark in the centre of the park, ala Michael Carrick, who tore us apart with Ronaldo when they beat us 6-0, he was always looking for the killer pass, which is something we lack

Martin Jol  (xx.xx.xxx.xx)  10:01:08 PM  Posting in Keegan: Woodgate is not coming to NUFC.

Oooh, oooh, I can't wait!

Worth waiting for?  Maybe not.

You've let me down, you've let yourself down, and you've let the entire Spurs ITK community down.

Easy why he'd turn us down. He's been here before. Spurs are a good club where he'd get a regular game when fit.

Not 100% sure on that tbh.

Who would get in before him? King and who else?

He'd get regular games at SJP if fit.  If he was fit he would be a nailed on starter at either club tbh...... or if he wasn't, he should be.

He'd get regular games at SJP if fit.  If he was fit he would be a nailed on starter at either club tbh...... or if he wasn't, he should be.

You're a better team than us at present and he might not want to go somewhere he's played.

Why not?

Because it becomes embarrassing when a smoggie turns you down not once but twice. It must be a gutter for the people on here who hate Spurs more than Sunderland though.

Guest kingdawson

Think he'll be rotated tbh. Will definatly get the majority of games BUT players like Dawson and Kaboul will also be getting some time on the pitch.