One year ago today...

Nicky

Some thoughts from City forum: Thread "SIBI GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"just been sold, anyone got link?!"

"Where did you hear that and how much did we pay them?"

"Craaaaaazzzzzyyyyyy Geordies! At least some good news from the last day of the window"

"HOLY SHIT IT'S TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!! "

"Its not a loan, Hes actually gone on a 1 year contract!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!"

"Is this a joke???

F***ing great!!! And fee for him too!!"

"Unreal.......Gobsmacked.

We actually got money.

Whats the catch?"

I'm staggered. Don't need me to tell you this is downright desperation from Roeder.

(And no, he isn't good in the air)

:lol: :lol: :lol: this thread is gold!

FWIW, no-one here is laughing any more. The comedy has been replaced by an ammount of suprise/anger that he is actually performing, although no-one regrets the sale or wants his back as he was never going to do anything here. I think the main reason he is doing a lot better than expected is probably Solano - We've never had a player who comes close to his crossing ability but he is capable of putting it on Sibierski's head on a regular enough basis for him to nick the odd goal. I still think his heading ability is overrated but theres a big difference between throwing his 50p head at a vicious Solano cross than competing for anything SWP had to offer (He couldn't cross for shit). I think Martins makes a big difference too, if there was no pace in the attack defenses would push up and he'd never get near the goal - Against us with the injured Ameobi he did absolutely nothing (Which was a relief).

I know I slated him when he signed - I'm big enough to take any stick you want to throw at me for his performances but I'm not fickle enough of him to change my own opinion of him. Yous got a little insight into my thinking the other night - 2 headers, one from a couple of yards onto the crossbar, another just before they scored(?) straight at the keeper - If only eh? I saw far, far too much of that in his City days.

I know I slated him when he signed - I'm big enough to take any stick you want to throw at me for his performances but I'm not fickle enough of him to change my own opinion of him. Yous got a little insight into my thinking the other night - 2 headers, one from a couple of yards onto the crossbar, another just before they scored(?) straight at the keeper - If only eh? I saw far, far too much of that in his City days.

I wouldnt blame him for either of those.  First one he had to hit off the back of his head, facing away from the goal and i think he was marked too.  Second one wasnt a free header, and was a bit out.  You cant complain cos he doesnt score every header.

• 8 months later...
Guest nufc 4 life

Compare the beginning of this thread too the freddy shepherd wasnt a good chairman thread quality contrast in opinions  O0

He's scored the same amount of Premiership goals for Wigan as he did for us already.

He got off lightly when criticism was being thrown about last year as nobody had any expectations from the bloke.