Remaining Games...Reality Check

mrmojorisin75

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but it's been preying on my mind - amidst the euphoria of Keegans return the difficulty of our remaining games has been conveniently forgotten.  Here's how I see it going based on our usual record at certain places and possible new signings/keegan factor etc...

<snipped>

Please don't post fixtures on the site please.

Total - 16 points? (plus the 27 we've got is 43)

Now for me some of those home wins could easily slip into draws whereas the likelihood of the away games we have left turning into wins is pretty slim.

I suppose the point I'm making is I reckon it'd be nice for Kev to publicly acknowledge how hard the remainder of this season is going to be and that relegation is a very serious threat.  Might be sensible to make more of an effort for his signings too, what's the hold up like?  Thought we had a bottomless pit of cash?

Is this an overly pessimistic assesment?  I don't think so, perhaps optimistic in places given I'm assuming Keegan can get us breaking down teams at home for a change.

I'll probably get slaughtered 'cause no-one seems to want to think about anything other than which superstar signing will crop up in the papers next, but we have more pressing matters at hand.

It doesn't make pleasant reading, in this respect it would have been wiser to let Sam stay until the end of the season at least he would have made some signings and kept continuity going. Now Mort and Co having did what they did halfway through the transfer window most more than likely get no one in during this transfer period has put us in a difficult situation it was really a stupid move from them, Ashley should have stayed away from the terraces, listening to a bunch of drunks saying bring back Keegan! he'll set us right. If you want to move forward you should never look backwards!, it never works out. I wonder how long the feel good will last? shall be interesting!.

It doesn't make pleasant reading, in this respect it would have been wiser to let Sam stay until the end of the season at least he would have made some signings and kept continuity going. Now Mort and Co having did what they did halfway through the transfer window most more than likely get no one in during this transfer period has put us in a difficult situation it was really a stupid move from them, Ashley should have stayed away from the terraces, listening to a bunch of drunks saying bring back Keegan! he'll set us right. If you want to move forward you should never look backwards!, it never works out. I wonder how long the feel good will last? shall be interesting!.

have to say i kind of agree with that - i've been kind of baffled by the appointment since it was made

if there was no money and we needed a short-term boost to morale and style of football then yeah, keegan

but if there's shedloads to spend and we're looking long-term i just can't get my head around it

Now for me some of those home wins could easily slip into draws whereas the likelihood of the away games we have left turning into wins is pretty slim.

And just as easily some of those away draws and defeats could trun into wins for us.

Some knacker from Boro called up the Legends at the start of the week claiming they were in a better position than NUFC as we have a tough run of fixtures.  His whole argument was if Sunderland and Boro hit a bit of form they can get out of it, but never acknowlegded that NUFC could easily hit a decent run of form.

Crap argument.

Just a general reminder that we're not allowed to post our remaining fixtures on the site. In any shape or form.

Cheers.  :thup:

Why is that?, I find that a bit fucking ridiculous! not that it's a state secret or anything it's published on the Newcastle Football Club website.

I have had concerns regarding this for some time. I also wish I didn't but I do have serious worries over KK appointment. I so hope to be wrong but I don't think his second/third coming is going to have a happy ending. Going to put my tin hat on now.

Just a general reminder that we're not allowed to post our remaining fixtures on the site. In any shape or form.

Cheers.  :thup:

Why is that?, I find that a bit fucking ridiculous! not that it's a state secret or anything it's published on the Newcastle Football Club website.

It's a pain in the arse but you have to have a license (which you have to pay for) in order to publish fixtures and we don't have it. It's stupid but we run the risk of being shut down if they're posted as we don't have the relevant permissions. Sahree.

I do agree with this. Tough fixtures + trying to switch to passing football after Sam's devolution could be tricky. The matches where we needed to play good football have been squandered to some extent.

oops, apologies for posting the fixtures, never thought!

big sams "devolution", like it...what kind of worries me is keegan talking up the players we (generalisation i'm aware) don't seem to rate for one reason or another - owen, duff, milner and i think i heard something about smith, viduka and emre

this scares the shit out of me seeing as our ONLY creative source this season has been charlie...!

Precisely right that this should be brought up.

no-one has had more false dawns than us, so getting carried away with the hype of KK,s appointment should not detract from the overiding priority of avoiding relegation.

We have been in a Souness like freefall untill two weeks ago.

Losing and drawing to Derby and 0-3 down at home after 11mins (pompey) should shake us to the core and make us realise that this squad of ours was perfectly capable of going down this season.

Avoid the drop then next year will see the rebuilding for a challenge.

Doug.

Avoiding relegation is the only priority. Keegan's swashbuckling football will probably catch fire next season, but it's generally footballing teams that get dragged into the mire if things go wrong. I think we should be ok with the goals of Martins, Owen and Viduka if they can stay fit.

Reading, Bolton, Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Wigan, Sunderland, Fulham, Derby.

Who can seriously see at least six of those teams finishing above us?  Five of them don't even have any away wins!

There's no way we're in any danger of relegation.

"Ashley should have stayed away from the terraces, listening to a bunch of drunks saying bring back Keegan! "

First of all you don't become a billionaire by being swayed by a "bunch of drunks" and secondly wasn't that "bunch of drunks" calling for Shearer?

Reading, Bolton, Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Wigan, Sunderland, Fulham, Derby.

Well you can kiss good by to Derby and Fulham.  Fulham have left themselves way to much to do now, they are going to have to hit top top form to get out of that now.  I cant see it happening TBH.

Its that last spot thats up for grabs.  Win our remaining home games and we'll be fine.

Guest walkerboy

(pedant) ref -posting fixtures-just take out the date on fixtures and your just talking about who your going to play in the future and give the finger to licencing fixtures fees.

Guest criminalz

hopefully i dun come across as arrogant when i say this,

I seriously dun think there is any chance we are going to get relegated, not with those bunch of clowns beneath us. (ok...that was kinda arrogant)

Now getting to Europe, thats a different ball game altogether.

I foresee us entering month of apr, not really having any incentive to play. no chance to be relegated and no chance to go europe.

hopefully i dun come across as arrogant when i say this,

I seriously dun think there is any chance we are going to get relegated, not with those bunch of clowns beneath us. (ok...that was kinda arrogant)

Now getting to Europe, thats a different ball game altogether.

I foresee us entering month of apr, not really having any incentive to play. no chance to be relegated and no chance to go europe.

Fo' shizzle.

Do people honestly think we're in a relegation battle? Derby & Fulham are gone, and not all of those sides below us will get 6-7 points more than we do from now until May.

Voice of sanity. I can't believe anyone seriously thinks you are at any hint of risk of relegation.

I remember this time last season, we were about 12th or 13th in the table and some guy said "I just can't see us staying up".  It sounded just as ridiculous then, and we were under Roeder at the time.

The people who need a reality check are the ones worried about relegation.

If we get as many points in the final third of the season, as we did in our last 13 games, we will be relegated.

I can't see us getting away points for a while so the away games against side below us are must wins now.

I'd like to share other people's confidence, but this could end up going horribly tits up.