The all new official Albert Luque megathread

Guest Harry-Norway

There's an article about it in this week's 'Scorchio' magazine. Says he shouldn't have been dropped against Ventspils and Wigan, and that if Martins arrived he would have to find a new club. He also revealed that Real Madrid would be 'a dream move'.

There's an article about it in this week's 'Scorchio' magazine. Says he shouldn't have been dropped against Ventspils and Wigan, and that if Martins arrived he would have to find a new club. He also revealed that Real Madrid would be 'a dream move'.

Martins would form a better strike partnership with Luque than with Shola.

Martins would form a better strike partnership with Luque than with Shola.

We'll have to wait and see. Luque has more skill and creativity than Shola, but a combination of Luque and Martins would get bullied if we persist on pumping high balls for them to scrap for. If the team was playing good football, Luque and Martins would work better, if we're scrapping then Shola will win more of those balls.

I think we should sell him. Looks like he may want to go back to Spain, and he did mention Real Madrid in his recent interview. It might be worth trying to offer them Luque + extra for Baptista.

Real???? They're rich, not stupid.

Some say he nearly went there before. Bollox. They could get hom for a 3rd of what we paid for him, and are they knocking on the door? No, they are not.

Fair enough, maybe not Madrid. But I would like to see us get rid and bring someone else in. Although I don't think it's gonna happen before the transfer deadline.

Essentially we still only have 2 players up front in Ameobi and Martins. Luque  just won't be able to cut it in the premiership.

"Scorchio" doesn't sound like a real magazine  tongue.gif

:lol:

http://stuarthughes.blogspot.com/scorchio.jpg

Scorchio!

:lol:

http://stuarthughes.blogspot.com/scorchio.jpg

Scorchio!

centre-fold pullouts of Butros-Butros Galli and Chris Waddle next sunday, woo!

I thought it was funny people in the match thread saying "Oooh, he's cup tied now, he must be staying"

Bollocks to that - what club playing in Europe would want him on tonight's showing :lol:

DISCLAIMER: hyberbole... ;)

The type of club he is good enough to play for won't be in European competition this season or any other season for that matter.

We were fucking robbed by La Coruna, thieves and bandits.

Luque was terrible tonight, his passes were all over the shot

Agree, total gash, didn't look interested and played like he knew the writing was on the wall for him.

and do you blame him? To be honest, the writing was on the wall for him since Roeder took over. Having said that, he should have still performed better today. Unfortunately he is a player who just won't fit into our system. He is not a centre forward, he is not exactly a left wing, he is more of a left forward in an outright 4-3-3 formation (not the 4-5-1 covertible to a 4-3-3) which has rarely been used in EPL and certainly won't be used under Roeder. God knows what Souness was thinking of when he bought Luque, maybe a threesome of Luque, Shearer and Owen or maybe he didnt think he was going to get Owen, so he was planning for Luque, Shearer and Dyer.

The only position that I can see him play successfully with us is the 2nd striker behind the centre forward but he's got no chance now with Ameobi and Martins well ahead of him.

I've supported him for ages, but if he can't fit into our system of play, then we should try and sell him off provided we don't make a huge loss. Alternatively, we could wait a bit and see if Ameobi can carry on his goalscoring form, if he doesn't then Luque might still have a chance but I'd say chances of that happening is quite remote and I don't even think highly of Ameobi!

I honestly didn't think he was that bad, just looked seriously lacking in confidence.

Don't say that or get ready for a load of abuse yourway

Meh, I can take it. Not excusing his performance tonight and like Alpal said he's just not suitable for the systems that Roeder is playing - BUT I still reckon a happy, confident Luque would have taken one of his chances tonight.

Agree, total gash, didn't look interested and played like he knew the writing was on the wall for him.

and do you blame him? To be honest, the writing was on the wall for him since Roeder took over. Having said that, he should have still performed better today. Unfortunately he is a player who just won't fit into our system. He is not a centre forward, he is not exactly a left wing, he is more of a left forward in an outright 4-3-3 formation (not the 4-5-1 covertible to a 4-3-3) which has rarely been used in EPL and certainly won't be used under Roeder. God knows what Souness was thinking of when he bought Luque, maybe a threesome of Luque, Shearer and Owen or maybe he didnt think he was going to get Owen, so he was planning for Luque, Shearer and Dyer.

The only position that I can see him play successfully with us is the 2nd striker behind the centre forward but he's got no chance now with Ameobi and Martins well ahead of him.

I've supported him for ages, but if he can't fit into our system of play, then we should try and sell him off provided we don't make a huge loss. Alternatively, we could wait a bit and see if Ameobi can carry on his goalscoring form, if he doesn't then Luque might still have a chance but I'd say chances of that happening is quite remote and I don't even think highly of Ameobi!

He could roll his sleeves up and get stuck in.

He should have a look at James Milners workrate tonight (admit no real end product but he never stopped running, harrying, chasing back etc) and compare it to his own which was pathetic.

I honestly didn't think he was that bad, just looked seriously lacking in confidence.

Meh I can take it. Not excusing his performance tonight and like Alpal said he's just not suitable for the systems that Roeder is playing - BUT I still reckon a happy, confident Luque would have taken one of his chances tonight.

Why should we change our system to accomadate him?

He's gash.

Meh I can take it. Not excusing his performance tonight and like Alpal said he's just not suitable for the systems that Roeder is playing - BUT I still reckon a happy, confident Luque would have taken one of his chances tonight.

He's gash.

I didn't say we should. I'm just saying he's not showing the desire or ability to change his game to suit Glenn's system.

He's gash.

I didn't say we should. I'm just saying he's not showing the desire or ability to change his game to suit Glenn's system.

Fair Comment

He could roll his sleeves up and get stuck in.

He should have a look at James Milners workrate tonight (admit no real end product but he never stopped running, harrying, chasing back etc) and compare it to his own which was pathetic.

I can agree with that. Eventhough he is not a centre forward, he should still have given it a go when played as a centre forward. He seems to be pittying himself that he is not getting to play in his real position. But I think today for him was already a foregone conclusion. He felt he was harshly dropped for the Ventspill away and Wigan games and seems to have given up or at least seriously  demotivated. To a certain extend I can see where he is coming from, after how he played against Lillestron (home) and PSV, he should have kept his psoition upfront with Ameobi in a 4-4-2. For the life of me I don't understand why Roeder likes the 4-5-1 so much, to play 4-5-1 against Wigan at home is just being a wuss.

For the life of me I don't understand why Roeder likes the 4-5-1 so much, to play 4-5-1 against Wigan at home is just being a wuss.

cos he hates Luque so much

I don't think its hatred. I think its more that Roeder feels hard done/jealous/irritated by the amount of money that Souness spent which limited his own transfer kitty (though we've done well to spend 15M so far) and he sees Boumsong and Luque as the symbol of this ire.