Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle (FA Cup) - 26/01/08 - post match reaction from page 20

James

No, you don't, that would be a straight foul. He prevented him from making the tackle it was a clear case of obstruction.

Ah, right. I'm not that familiar with the rules, but it seems sensible enough. Not that we'd get any of those decisions for us away to any of the top four :)

You knows it, brother. :nods:

2nd half has been absolutely awful.

Plenty of positives to be taken out of the 1st though.

Same as Old Trafford.

Did you watch the two games at all?

What were the positives from the first half at Old Trafford? Apart from the peverse joy to be gained at watching Rooney miss sitters.

Yep, I was there. Were you?

No. But if you can't take any more positives out of this than Old Trafford I worry.

Just wonder when the Keegan blinkers are going to come off.

Fucks sake, why do we always end up being completely shat on when we start conceding?

No belief.

Lack of fitness for me.

I actualy agree with you for the first time.. ever.

We usualy go down in the second half after the first 5 minutes of looking s***; its fitness, sam worked on it but he didn't have time to undo the months of s*** conditioning they'd been getting.

Sam had them for 8 or 9 months if you can't get a bunch of professionals fit in that time you really can't blame the conditioning they'd had before that.

I thought Sam was supposed to have these new training regimes that stress fitness, yet we were completely shagged by the 55 minute mark.

We need a whole new centre to the team.  All of our centre guys, from the backs to the strikers, right up the middle, suck!

Same as Old Trafford.

What were the positives from the first half at Old Trafford? Apart from the peverse joy to be gained at watching Rooney miss sitters.

No. But if you can't take any more positives out of this than Old Trafford I worry.

We played miles better first half today IMO.

Same as Old Trafford.

??? He's been here a week, man.

FFS!!! I never expected us to win but that does not compensate for the complete and utter frustration!

I suppose KK needed to take a look at Smith for himself but I just hope he sees the light and sends the useless t*** to the reserves.

We're just completely devoid of invention and the ability to cause teams trouble

What did people think of Owen's performance?

No service at all would like to see him with more creative players around him before we write him off completely

Real shame that. :(  3-0 certainly flattered them.

Two or three woeful individual performances in that second half lost it for us in my opinion. Aye, Smith and Owen were pretty gash but Duff lost his legs and Milner was shite. Butt was just shocking and Taylor embarrassed himself.

Still, there were positives there. It's an utter bastard that we've got to go there again in a matter of days.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Watched all the game

Summary

Slightly edged Arsenal in the first half, Owen should have scored

Absolutley void of cutting edge in the 2nd half, once we go one down we are unable to sustain any pressure at all due to our lack of pace. Comfortable win for Arsenal

+++++++s

Duff

Zog

Jose

Cacapa

-------------s

Butt

Carr

Smith

Owen

Guest SmileyCulture

Fucks sake, why do we always end up being completely shat on when we start conceding?

No belief.

Lack of fitness for me.

I actualy agree with you for the first time.. ever.

We usualy go down in the second half after the first 5 minutes of looking s***; its fitness, sam worked on it but he didn't have time to undo the months of s*** conditioning they'd been getting.

Sam had them for 8 or 9 months if you can't get a bunch of professionals fit in that time you really can't blame the conditioning they'd had before that.

True, just watched the Taylor interview where he says they've been training alot harder the last few days, makes me wonder exactly what Sam was doing with them :S

Real shame that. :(  3-0 certainly flattered them.

Two or three woeful individual performances in that second half lost it for us in my opinion. Aye, Smith and Owen were pretty gash but Duff lost his legs and Milner was shite. Butt was just shocking and Taylor embarrassed himself.

Still, there were positives there. It's an utter bastard that we've got to go there again in a matter of days.

Good summary, Yorkie.

First two goals shouldn't have counted. First was offside, Cacapa was obstructed for the second.

Positives were there, but were the return of Butt and Smith connected to the return of abject second half performances?

Given 7

Carr 7

Cacapa 6

Taylor 4

Enrique 6

Milner 5

Butt 5

N'Zogbia 6

Duff 7

Owen 6

Smith 5

Guest toonlass

The first half was a better performance from us. We didn;t shame ourselves at all. But the second half was Adebayors. His second goal was class, no other words for it. We looked as if we were not as fit as them, Cacapa was decent, Given made some good saves, Smith is not a Newcastle player for me, Owen should be directing the play more to his style, especially if he is going to be captain. Its hard to see us getting a result on Tuesday.

Watched all the game

Summary

Slightly edged Arsenal in the first half, Owen should have scored

Absolutley void of cutting edge in the 2nd half, once we go one down we are unable to sustain any pressure at all due to our lack of pace. Comfortable win for Arsenal

+++++++s

Duff

Zog

Jose

Cacapa

-------------s

Butt

Carr

Smith

Owen

In what way does Carr belong down there?

Same as Old Trafford.

??? He's been here a week, man.

I'm not saying I won't give him a chance. I'm saying that the people who think we're suddenly going to become the Newcastle from the 90's again because Keegan is manager need a reality check.

We were 0-0 at Old Trafford, defenders throwing themselves at everything. Owen scores a good goal which is disallowed. Man United score early, but the last couple of goals flattered them completely.

We were 0-0 here today, certainly looking much better going forward, but as soon as we conceeded we had absolutely nothing in terms of creation.

Keegan won't be the messiah you're all claiming unless £100m minimum is spent on this team.

Let's wait and see how we do second half before jerking any knees. Our second half performances this season have been a disgrace.

Only under Allardyce, not this and the last 2.

Woops.