Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle (FA Cup) - 26/01/08 - post match reaction from page 20

James

honestly, where was zog the entire second half. i don't remember him even touching the ball once. i love the zog, but we could have used some individual brilliance from him.

In the centre-midfield, where he's gash. Sooner he's out on the left and Duff's on the right the better.

Duff had a very good first half, his movement was brilliant tbh and he was very dangerous - when have we had our wingers rushing to the byline and cutting it back like he did today? He wasn't in it in the second half but only really cos Jose was playing long-balls whenever he had the ball.

Milner was just pretty incompetent in general really. He really is painfully slow. :undecided:

Have to get rid of Duff, he has become a very negative player on the whole.

Lack of movement from most of the team after first 30 minutes.

Lack of inspiration from the bench, last 30 minutes the cameras all too often showed McDermott, Keegan and Pearson sat there like defeated men with no ideas.

Same result mid-week.  Someone said Keegan had a lot of work to do, ....and then some.

I think it's a bit harsh to say Keegan sat on the bench. They cut to him quite often visibly trying to haul the lads up the pitch. Duff wasn't so terrible, got past his man a few times before he tired out. He was just like the rest of the team in not being fit enough.

Guest toonlass

Taylor did not look so good. Arsenals passing, touch and movement are years ahead of us. On a positive note we did try in the first half and with some additions this is a top 6 - 8 team.

Would agree with that bear in mind our best players still at ANC as well.

Lack of inspiration from the bench, last 30 minutes the cameras all too often showed McDermott, Keegan and Pearson sat there like defeated men with no ideas.

:jesuswept:

:lol:

Try supporting Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal mate. It's the only way you'll avoid these plebs, I assume.

FFS!!! I never expected us to win but that does not compensate for the complete and utter frustration!

I suppose KK needed to take a look at Smith for himself but I just hope he sees the light and sends the useless t*** to the reserves.

We're just completely devoid of invention and the ability to cause teams trouble

What did people think of Owen's performance?

No service at all would like to see him with more creative players around him before we write him off completely

Agree. Would love to see KK move for a more creative midfielder next week though, sadly, I don't see it.

IF Woody comes back then I think that's a step in the right direction to building a solid spine to the team. Unfortunately I have absolutely no confidence in Butt, he's a lightweight and a poor passer of the ball who offers little protection to the defence.

Completely agree with the view that we need to be more patient, KK has only been here a week and there were certainly positives from the performance. The lads need to adapt to a new system, it's just a shame that we had to come up against this lot twice in a very short space of time.

Given 6

Carr 5

Taylor 5

Cacapa 4 (He is an awful player, small, slow and weak)

Enrique 5

Milner 5

Butt 4

N'Zogbia 5

Duff 6

Smith 5

Owen 4

Idiot.

Anyone who rates Smith at the same level as Carr and Zoggy for that game is surely a master troll and should probably be gotten rid of before they cause havoc.

NEWSFLASH: Arsenal are one of the best teams in the country, nay in Europe. They've not lost at home yet this season, they've scored 26 and conceded 8.

We also happen to be missing some of our crucial players.

It's a shame for Keegan to have this lot twice in four days so early on because some knackers are going to start doing the Chicken Licken thing very soon.

Yup. All it was gonna take for Arsenal to steamroller us today was a goal. And when they scored, they did do. The moment they upped their momentum, there was gonna be no coming back for us.

Keegan did right when he told us to play deeper after half time.

At the end of the first half, they were increasing their drive and looked dangerous, they'd have scored eventually. So we sat deep and tried to contain them more and it would have worked had Taylor not offered Adebayor a goal. Like i say, after that there was only going to be one outcome.

first half was the best I have seen the lads play in a long time.

2nd half we were there for the taking.

charlie dissapeared, the defence opened up and we lacked someone who could take control of the game.

but at the end of the day we never expected owt from this and the cup could have become an unwelcome distraction from guaranteeing league safety.

with woodgate in to steady the back 4 and if we can acquire a couple of decent attacking players then we'll have the making of a decent side.

keegans asked for time. I hope that people are willing to give him it......

Guest MaetihS

Once again,Taylor shows how overrated a player he is, every time he touches the ball, i cringe in fear and embarrassment that we have such a crap player as a rising star. Wont be bothered one bit if he leaves. btw, why did kk sub Jose? Thought he was one of our better players.  as for taylor, for the team sake, drop him when Woody signs for us. Only positives: Cacapa and Jose. Duff did well first half though.

missing faye, beye, geremi, martins, barton, emre and viduka. missing that much against arsenal is never going to be enough. have to figure that beye, faye and dukes would be starting at least, with martins and emre being great subs to bring in. could have made all the difference to have all that.

We are just so pedestrian in midfield and devoid of any class in there also. Watched the whole game and have to say that Taylor, Milner, Butt and Smith are just not good enough. Zog has a long way to go before he is as good as many folk think he is. The middle is the problem for me more than anything, we need 90 minute box to box players, and at least one of them has to have the ability to open up other teams with a pass or a bit of skill. Thought Carr had a decent game today :-O

Have to get rid of Duff, he has become a very negative player on the whole.

Lack of movement from most of the team after first 30 minutes.

Same result mid-week.  Someone said Keegan had a lot of work to do, ....and then some.

They had 3 kids, a clown and a keeper on the bench, do you really think they would have made a serious difference?

I was talking about appearances.. any player glancing across at the bench in those last 25 minutes or so would have picked up the defeatism. There should have still been encouragement and support offered from the bench by at least one of them. They looked beaten, transmitted to the pitch.

Simple fact is until we start creating proprer chances then we will not win games and not score goals

We had 'proper' chances. 3 clear cut chances in the box at least (Owen, Smith, Taylor). Another couple of crosses that skidded across the box and didn't find a connection from anyone. It really wasn't so awful.

Given 6

Carr 5

Taylor 5

Enrique 5

Milner 5

Butt 4

N'Zogbia 5

Duff 6

Smith 5

Owen 4

Idiot.

Anyone who rates Smith at the same level as Carr and Zoggy for that game is surely a master troll and should probably be gotten rid of before they cause havoc.

Zoggy didn't touched the ball in the entire second half, Carr didn't crossed the ball once in the entire game.

Trust Nicky Butt to give them a third though. :lol: Eejit. He really is hopeless away from home.

He's been so bad recently. He did just about everything wrong today. Didn't cover the defense, and didn't spread possession. Generally known as 'the functions of a defensive midfielder'; he failed at both.

Given 6

Carr 5

Taylor 5

Enrique 5

Milner 5

Butt 4

N'Zogbia 5

Duff 6

Smith 5

Owen 4

Idiot.

Zoggy didn't touched the ball in the entire second half, Carr didn't crossed the ball once in the entire game.

Fib, tbh.