No signings = relegation?

Guest Brazilianbob

This timing with fans is getting worse and worse like.

Robson - 5 years

Souness - 2 years

Roeder - 1 year

Allardyce - 8 months

Keegan - 11 days

The next manager will be lucky to get 3 hours :lol:

Ramos was still getting beat off Birmingham at home after longer than KK has had. What does that tell you?

Oh aye. Nowt. We should definitely sack Keegan if we get beat on Tuesday though.

:lol:

Guest MaetihS

A good manager makes all the difference. I love KK but would have preferred a Ramos or any of the European names we were linked for the good of the club. Just look at Spurs..they are flying and will not surprise me one bit if they win the two cups this season. We have really lost ground on Spurs....

They're doing well at the moment, nothing more, you make it sound like they're Arsenal, Manure or Chelsea FFS.

at least they are on track.

But we aren't on track after two games under Keegan, one of which was against Arsenal at the Emirates..  How many games has Ramos had at Spurs?  Common man stop being silly here.

Yap. Have to say i may be silly here. Just that i am a bit disillusioned and depressed these days...seeing we are still not creating chances, no potential signings esp Woody rejects us while Spurs (hate them, sorry cos i always see them as our nearest rivals in the league to gain ground on the top half of the table) are gaining ground and momentum. really hope kk can turn us around.

Robson - 5 years

Souness - 2 years

Roeder - 1 year

Allardyce - 8 months

Keegan - 11 days

Who is asking for Keegan to be sacked?

Well talk of relegation is hardly "Keegan's gonna succeed" talk is it.

Robson - 5 years

Souness - 2 years

Roeder - 1 year

Allardyce - 8 months

Keegan - 11 days

I think we'll struggle without proper investment whoever the manager is. I certainly won't blame Keegan for it, nor do I want him sacked.

Robson - 5 years

Souness - 2 years

Roeder - 1 year

Allardyce - 8 months

Keegan - 11 days

I think we'll struggle without proper investment whoever the manager is. I certainly won't blame Keegan for it, nor do I want him sacked.

You don't even think we'll get relegated so what I said doesn't even concern you

Take the 1st half performance against Arsenal

Take away Smith, add Martins

Take away Taylor, add Faye

Take away Carr, add Beye

= Survival

Actually more like = decent chance of sneaking out of there with at least a draw. At probably the toughest away game in the country.

The team that was on the field, and took the game to Arsenal for about 55 minutes would give a right spanking to any of the rubbish teams at the bottom if they went and played like that. Even if they play crap they're going to have to take a real bath week in week out to manage relegation against such relegation fodder. I've haven't such a bunch of whiny, panicky, scatterbrained old women running about since they cancelled bingo night down the club.

Robson - 5 years

Souness - 2 years

Roeder - 1 year

Allardyce - 8 months

Keegan - 11 days

You don't even think we'll get relegated so what I said doesn't even concern you

:D Fair enough. I'm just addicted to replying ;)

Robson - 5 years

Souness - 2 years

Roeder - 1 year

Allardyce - 8 months

Keegan - 11 days

:D Fair enough. I'm just addicted to replying ;)

We know that! :lol:

A good manager makes all the difference. I love KK but would have preferred a Ramos or any of the European names we were linked for the good of the club. Just look at Spurs..they are flying and will not surprise me one bit if they win the two cups this season. We have really lost ground on Spurs....

They're doing well at the moment, nothing more, you make it sound like they're Arsenal, Manure or Chelsea FFS.

at least they are on track.

But we aren't on track after two games under Keegan, one of which was against Arsenal at the Emirates..  How many games has Ramos had at Spurs?  Common man stop being silly here.

Yap. Have to say i may be silly here. Just that i am a bit disillusioned and depressed these days...seeing we are still not creating chances, no potential signings esp Woody rejects us while Spurs (hate them, sorry cos i always see them as our nearest rivals in the league to gain ground on the top half of the table) are gaining ground and momentum. really hope kk can turn us around.

I know what you mean.  I hate Spurs too, though mostly because of how deluded there fans are more then anything else.  But as far as I can see we've already improved under Keegan simply because the Football is already far better and as we get past teams like Manure, Arsenal and on to the likes of Fulham, Boro and Sunderland I'm confident of picking up points.  Also we did create chances against Arsenal.

Not every match this season will be Arsenal away.  Playing like that but with our Africans and Viduka back, and against lesser sides and there's no way we'll even end up close to the relegation zone.

I don't see how Woodgate not signing is going to get us relegated.  Remember, Woodgate leaving the Smoggies means they're even worse now, do you see them catching us?

Not every match this season will be Arsenal away.  Playing like that but with our Africans and Viduka back, and against lesser sides and there's no way we'll even end up close to the relegation zone.

I don't see how Woodgate not signing is going to get us relegated.  Remember, Woodgate leaving the Smoggies means they're even worse now, do you see them catching us?

:thup:

Bolton just sold the scorer of over 40% of their goals too.

Guest Brazilianbob

I am now getting seriously concerned that we will go down this season without the lift of a least one class signing. With Woodie rejecting us for Spurs, and thats a first for quite some time where the two clubs have been after the same player, I cannot see the squad getting the massive lift they need to kick on and gain confidence.

It's all very well KK saying we will only sign players who are better than what we have, but signing players who are on a par, but have a strong belief in their own ability to win matches would be an improvement on what we currently have.

It's confidence we need not better players, and looking at our fixture list I cannot see where that confidence is going to come from given the almost certain string of defeats we will experience between now and the end of the season.

I honestly think Ashley left it too late to sack Allardyce, who should have been long gone before Xmas,  and our fate is virtually already sealed, bar a string of miracle results.

So woody wants to go to spuds,good enough for the injury prone t***,here is one mag that won't lose sleep over that let off. Fair enough we lost to the arse 3-0 but i witnessed some of the best football i have seen in a very long time. I reckon OBa would of fitted in better than lost a yard owen, i'm not saying we would of won but we would of had more chances and he wouldn't of been on the right wing ffs. and our fate is virtually already sealed, bar a string of miracle results what a crock of s*** you do realize it was a cup game at the f****** arse don't you.Did you not get any positives out of that game or were you just watching the edited highlights on the telly. i don't think we need to panic buy just cos we have the money now to pay that little bit extra. bollocks that. we will still finish ahead of the scum and the smoggies or are the 3 north east teams going down?

Crock of S*** eh!  It's a crock of S*** that so many of you are simply burying your heads in the sand.

We need at least 42 points to be relatively safe from relegation and at the moment we have 27 from 23 and that will be 27 from 24 after the Arsenal game.  That leaves us 14 games to pick up 15 points minimum.  I can't see us beating Manu, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Villa, Portsmouth, Brum, West Ham or Spurs can you?  Then there are some tough games against blackburn at home, Boro will not be easy, the mackems will want to make life difficult for us and fulham have brought some players in during the transfer window and Reading are no pushovers.  Every time we are beaten the players lose that bit of confidence and eventually they go into games they should win already beaten in their own minds.  As I said earlier Ashley has left it too late to sack Allardyce and I think we are in a downward spiral that even KK won't be able to halt.  It might be different if we were scoring and losing but we don't even look like scoring most of the time.

I really hope I am wrong......!

I think with so many team fighting not to get the last spot (i think Derby & Fulham are certain now) i reckon something as low as 34-36pts would see you clear of relegation.

I also reckon 18pts out of our remaining fixtures is what we will get.

Guest Brazilianbob

Relegation, load of bollocks.  :lol:

Not winning or even drawing games in our league position at this stage of the season = relegation.

Crock of S*** eh!  It's a crock of S*** that so many of you are simply burying your heads in the sand.

We need at least 42 points to be relatively safe from relegation and at the moment we have 27 from 23 and that will be 27 from 24 after the Arsenal game.  That leaves us 14 games to pick up 15 points minimum.  I can't see us beating Manu, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Villa, Portsmouth, Brum, West Ham or Spurs can you?  Then there are some tough games against blackburn at home, Boro will not be easy, the mackems will want to make life difficult for us and fulham have brought some players in during the transfer window and Reading are no pushovers.  Every time we are beaten the players lose that bit of confidence and eventually they go into games they should win already beaten in their own minds.  As I said earlier Ashley has left it too late to sack Allardyce and I think we are in a downward spiral that even KK won't be able to halt.  It might be different if we were scoring and losing but we don't even look like scoring most of the time.

I really hope I am wrong......!

42 points to be 'relatively safe'?  ???  That points total has only been required to stay up once in Premiership history, the majority of the time its between 34 and 38 points.  You talk about us having only 27 points from 23 games, but the likes of Sunderland, Wigan and Brum (fighting it out not to fall into that last relegation place) have only 20 points from 23 games, so what's going to make them get another 20 or so from there last 15 games??  Even Boro one place below us only have 22 points..

Look, so far we've played a side with 11 men behind the ball (which was made even harder with having to have Ameobi up front and Rozehnal in midfield) and arguably the best team in the league away.  You surely can't have expected anything against Arsenal, so I suppose this is all down to only drawing against Bolton in Keegans first game after a few days in charge eh?  Lets just wait until we play the likes of Boro before panicking..

We need 11 more points to stay up IMO.

Guest Brazilianbob

Relegation, load of bollocks.  :lol:

No they don't, they just have to avoid defeat, whilst we get stuffed each week.  Look, I have experienced relegation with NUFC too often in the past not to recognize the signs and I tell you the signs are all there.    As I said, I hope I am proved wrong but.......!

Not winning or even drawing games in our league position at this stage of the season = relegation.

No it doesn't because other teams have to win to go above us.

Naaah we wont get relegated.

No signings in january is to me a indication of a sensible transferapporach. We wont buy just for the case of buying.  We wait for the right players.

Things will happen in the summer.