Will this summer be our most ambitious summer ever?

Willow
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well I guess if you sack a manager just as the window begins you're basically f****** up that window. Ah well.

Rather that than keep the manager and f**k up the next few seasons.

Mick it was clear from the fallout they never took to SA and MA for some time wasn't happy with the football being offerred.

Why not sack him earlier or wait till the summer?

Don't come at me with your ridiculous melodrama my point has plenty of merit.

Do you actually think Sven knew nothing of these players?  He was very keen to get back into management as soon as he got the boot from England.  I suspect he used that year very wisely putting together a portfolio of players he rated.  This is totally different to Keegan who openly said he had not been to a live game since he resigned and took little interest in football.  Therefore I don't see how you can draw analogies between the two.

I think spending will be unprecedented this summer, going on what Ashley and Kelmsey has said (give me a chance with a window) and (nufc are in for exciting times) i'd say we  are in for a good summer, i dont even care about getting my hopes dashed im so sure of it.

Do you actually think Sven knew nothing of these players?  He was very keen to get back into management as soon as he got the boot from England.  I suspect he used that year very wisely putting together a portfolio of players he rated.  This is totally different to Keegan who openly said he had not been to a live game since he resigned and took little interest in football.  Therefore I don't see how you can draw analogies between the two.

It is well documented that Sven with his various contacts with super-agents knew all about these players.

Mick it was clear from the fallout they never took to SA and MA for some time wasn't happy with the football being offerred.

They wanted to give Allardyce some time to see if he could turn things around, which he couldn't.  Getting rid now gives the new manager (Keegan) time to see what he can do with the players and make a decision on who to keep and who to let go in the summer.

I think spending will be unprecedented this summer, going on what Ashley and Kelmsey has said (give me a chance with a window) and (nufc are in for exciting times) i'd say we  are in for a good summer, i dont even care about getting my hopes dashed im so sure of it.

Wasn't Mort recently quoted (a few weeks back) as saying he wants to spend as money comes in?

Well I guess if you sack a manager just as the window begins you're basically f****** up that window. Ah well.

earlier would never have been early enough. all they could have done would be to get rid a week or two earlier which would have been neither here nor there.

to sack him in the summer could have seen us relegated and the most vicious home crowds since i've been going.

there was never going to be a "right time"

Wasn't Mort recently quoted (a few weeks back) as saying he wants to spend as money comes in?

Mort says alot of things and i dont like many of them

I think spending will be unprecedented this summer, going on what Ashley and Kelmsey has said (give me a chance with a window) and (nufc are in for exciting times) i'd say we  are in for a good summer, i dont even care about getting my hopes dashed im so sure of it.

probably...d'you expect him to say we are going on an unprecedented spending spree so everyone jack your prices up like when chelsea come a calling.

sky money and season ticket sales would offer a fair chunk even if the ashley isnt willing to put more of his own money in + current players moving on.

earlier would never have been early enough. all they could have done would be to get rid a week or two earlier which would have been neither here nor there.

to sack him in the summer could have seen us relegated and the most vicious home crowds since i've been going.

there was never going to be a "right time"

Perhaps the FA should create the "right time" by introducing a new "sack the manager window" where a specific time around the mid-season point is introduced where you can sack managers, but you can't sack them outside of this window or the summer.

At least then it could be argued that any manager that goes in that time, went at the right time.

Of course I'm just kidding, for those who seem to fail to spot this.

You say a lot of things and I don't like much of what you've got to say, in fact I think you're possibly the worst poster on the board with your unthought out replies, would it really be that much of a struggle to elaborate now and again on what you think rather than posting single figure words in posts?

Perhaps you could give a few examples of things that Mort has said that you don't like and disagree with? Don't feel under pressure to have to make a decent contribution to the board though.

we may be ambitious in our targets but i dont think we are a club able to bring in world class players

dont think KK has pulling power

The "Pulling power" argument was used against Roeder and Souness and they got big name signings e.g. Owen, Duff, Martins, etc.

for most players the money usually has the final say those players who come for footballing reasons i.e to play at the highest level, battle for trophies or be part of a world beating side then the top 4 takes them in any league. The scraps and rare finds really are any ones fair game and we have as much chance as the everton's, man city's and villa's of this world.

we may be ambitious in our targets but i dont think we are a club able to bring in world class players

The "Pulling power" argument was used against Roeder and Souness and they got big name signings e.g. Owen, Duff, Martins, etc.

We were still in europe then though.

Thats when we thre silly money about which i dont expect to happen and quite rightly.

Plus these players needed to move were as the players who we need this summer will be wanted by clubs in europe

Guest Erich von Manstein

Shepherd signed Owen.

You say a lot of things and I don't like much of what you've got to say, in fact I think you're possibly the worst poster on the board with your unthought out replies, would it really be that much of a struggle to elaborate now and again on what you think rather than posting single figure words in posts?

Perhaps you could give a few examples of things that Mort has said that you don't like and disagree with? Don't feel under pressure to have to make a decent contribution to the board though.

A few things he has said

his list of requirements for a manager whch Keegan didnt fulfill dont get me wrong i will support him

says Sam has 100% backing then sacks him with no back up plan

gets wise in without keegan knowing

Thats when we thre silly money about which i dont expect to happen and quite rightly.

Plus these players needed to move were as the players who we need this summer will be wanted by clubs in europe

you forget to mention silly escape clauses for Owen and Martins etc. that had a factor in there decisions to move. 

The bigger clubs sometimes already have a big enough squad to not need to buy anyone usually the likes of man united, arsenal, barcelona etc all buy one or two top quality players. Not every one available can go to a club in europe some fall out with a manager or a board and request a move. Yes silly money may be needed but sometimes its just a big gamble you need to make on a player as to wether they will suit the prem or not. I for one am not in the camp expecting deco, rooney, ronaldo etc to walk in the door over the summer but there will be quality out there that will improve the current squad and when you are there to do a task over the long term that is what is needed.

Shepherd signed Owen.

think the massive signing on fee and the 100k plus a week had a lot to do with it.