Newcastle after Lubos Kalouda?

Kasper

Guest Urban Fox

GET HIM! I'm getting to the stage where I'd be glad to see Kevin Dillon back as an attacking midfield coach!!

Never saw him as an attacking midfielder, but I would take him if he plays like he did in "Platoon"...  :-)

He wasn't but he had more idea how to attack than 90% of our current midfield.

Guest Erich von Manstein

Why isnt there any ITK`S with some juicy info on this forum?

And im talking about those who actually knows something.

Because there's nothing to report.

Keegan says on the back of the Chronicle that we are buying no one is this transfer window, hhas looked and there is no none suitable to buy who is better than what we have, so all this stuff regarding players is purely speculation, WE ARE BUYING NOBODY !!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Keegan says on the back of the Chronicle that we are buying no one is this transfer window, hhas looked and there is no none suitable to buy who is better than what we have, so all this stuff regarding players is purely speculation, WE ARE BUYING NOBODY !!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

gutted

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/01/30/signs-are-not-good-on-transfers-kev-72703-20412227/

Signs are not good on transfers: Kev

Jan 30 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

KEVIN KEEGAN has admitted the transfer deadline is likely to pass Newcastle United by.

It’s not exactly the news United supporters want to hear coming hard on last night’s 3-0 defeat by Arsenal at The Emirates – the same scoreline when the two teams met in the FA Cup on Saturday.

But Keegan quickly added that there will be exciting times ahead in the summer when he expects to bring in several top-class players.

The Chronicle revealed yesterday that United had slapped in a bid for Derby County’s exciting teenager Giles Barnes, but Rams boss Paul Jewell did not want to know.

Keegan does not think the Barnes deal can be resurrected or that there is time to sign anyone else who can strengthen his squad before midnight tomorrow.

And while you can never say never as far as United are concerned, Keegan told me: “I’ll be honest with you – I’ve sat down and looked, and there isn’t anyone out there who is going to strengthen us better than when the four players to come back from the African Nations Cup.”

If Keegan does not expect to be involved in any last-day buying, he is clearly not interested in letting any of his first-team squad go.

Several clubs have been eyeing United players such as strikers Shola Ameobi and Andy Carroll.

But the United boss added: “I cannot let anybody go out. I’ve had inquiries for three players – one loan and two to sell – but I can’t do it. It would be madness.

“It would be impossible to sell as I haven’t got enough players.”

United are hoping to add one player to their staff in the next 48 hours but he is a young Italian who, if he does put pen to paper, is likely to be one for the future.

So after talking about bringing in three or four players a fortnight ago Keegan has had to have a reality check.

To make matters worse, not only did United lose last night but they have now picked up just a single point out of their last six games and have failed to score in their last four Premier League matches.

And N’Zogbia’s booking last night brings a one-match ban, meaning that he will sit out the game at Villa Park a week on Saturday.

But at least Joey Barton is back in the picture after coming off the bench last night to only mild taunts from the Arsenal supporters, while Emre completed his three-match ban and is available for Sunday’s derby match with Middlesbrough at St James’s Park.

This leaves Mark Viduka, but only the Aussie striker seems to knows whether he will be ready to face his former club.

If this is true then Keegan is an even bigger ar*e than I thought he is. If he can't see that this pathetic squad does not need strengtheneing then I am seriously worried. We have a p*ss poor midfield and strikers who couldn't score in a brothel

And while you can never say never as far as United are concerned, Keegan told me: “I’ll be honest with you – I’ve sat down and looked, and there isn’t anyone out there who is going to strengthen us better than when the four players to come back from the African Nations Cup.

That's fucking bollocks Keggy. You're talking shite.

A bit of a let down after all the hype of Keegan coming back, but I suppose there is no point in us buying just for the sake of it, if we cannot get the right players then its the way its going to have to be until the summer.

And while you can never say never as far as United are concerned, Keegan told me: “I’ll be honest with you – I’ve sat down and looked, and there isn’t anyone out there [and available right now] who is going to strengthen us better than when the four players to come back from the African Nations Cup.

?

Guest Erich von Manstein

If this is true then Keegan is an even bigger ar*e than I thought he is. If he can't see that this pathetic squad does not need strengtheneing then I am seriously worried. We have a p*ss poor midfield and strikers who couldn't score in a brothel

He has recognised this, and tried to strengthen the squad with bids for Woodgate, Alvaro and Barnes.

And while you can never say never as far as United are concerned, Keegan told me: “I’ll be honest with you – I’ve sat down and looked, and there isn’t anyone out there [and available right now] who is going to strengthen us better than when the four players to come back from the African Nations Cup.

?

He didn't say that though. He said no-one could come in and strengthen us. This, in my opinion, is utter shite.

And while you can never say never as far as United are concerned, Keegan told me: “I’ll be honest with you – I’ve sat down and looked, and there isn’t anyone out there who is going to strengthen us better than when the four players to come back from the African Nations Cup.

That's f****** bollocks Keggy. You're talking s****.

would you rather he said " i haven't been able to get the quality i'd want in this window and it's a bit of a pisser as i'll have to put up with this shower of shit till the summer"

hardly giving those we are stuck with confidence.

he's only saying what he thinks is best for the team. he'll tell players they are great even when he knows they are out in the summer.

Guest MaetihS

He has recognised this, and tried to strengthen the squad with bids for Woodgate, Alvaro and Barnes.

Getting worried...the above players are not exactly very good players either. Even if the above players come in, doubt it will improve the squad by very much.

?

He didn't say that though. He said no-one could come in and strengthen us. This, in my opinion, is utter shite.

Of course it's utter shite, which I why I'm inclined to believe he's implying as I edited above.

Getting worried...the above players are not exactly very good players either. Even if the above players come in, doubt it will improve the squad by very much.

Two of these are defnders and one is midfield. Does Keegan know where our porblems lie ie can't score goals.

Two of these are defnders and one is midfield. Does Keegan know where our porblems lie ie can't score goals.

I hope you're not implying that it's upfront that's the real problem. We can't score goals because the strikers aren't getting anything.

would you rather he said " i haven't been able to get the quality i'd want in this window and it's a bit of a pisser as i'll have to put up with this shower of shit till the summer"

he's only saying what he thinks is best for the team. he'll tell players they are great even when he knows they are out in the summer.

No of course I wouldn't. But to come out and say no-one is out there to strengthen us is ridiculous. We're a poor side in all areas of the pitch. Perhaps the current shower of shit need to hear a few home-truths?

would you rather he said " i haven't been able to get the quality i'd want in this window and it's a bit of a pisser as i'll have to put up with this shower of s*** till the summer"

No of course I wouldn't. But to come out and say no-one is out there to strengthen us is ridiculous. We're a poor side in all areas of the pitch. Perhaps the current shower of s*** need to hear a few home-truths?

never ceases to amaze me how people take every word literally uttered when it come to their team.