Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 29/01/08 - Post match reaction from page 16

JH

Their goal was toss like, Nicky Butt should never have lost posession in the midfield and Alan Smith's attempt at holding the ball up was pathetic, not that he should have ever been getting the ball with 2 men on him like. Really disappointing after it looked like we'd hold out until half time again.

Great cross and the header was quality, though, but surely one of the centre-halves has to be dealing with Adebayor there, not Carr?

If you stop Adebayor, you stop Arsenal, especially at the moment. He shouldn't be allowed a one-on-one with the right-back, because there's only one winner there.

Taylor's been rubbish so far like. What the fuck was he playing at when he gave it back to Given? Left foot, row Z, regroup. We never learn.

Roz is rubbish. One of the worst defenders we've had for a long time, imo.

you say that with Babayaro and Carr still on our books?

Be fair to Carr hasn't been that bad this year (ok he HAS been complete toss before then tho).

and baba was paid off and kicked out, so no longer on our books.

barton, it won't change anything, maybe he can heatbutt someone tho, or start a fight, but creativity on the pitch what are you drinking

Absolut Vodka. With a touch of tears and shame.

where did i put my bottle of wine again

Their goal was toss like, Nicky Butt should never have lost posession in the midfield and Alan Smith's attempt at holding the ball up was pathetic, not that he should have ever been getting the ball with 2 men on him like. Really disappointing after it looked like we'd hold out until half time again.

Great cross and the header was quality, though, but surely one of the centre-halves has to be dealing with Adebayor there, not Carr?

If you stop Adebayor, you stop Arsenal, especially at the moment. He shouldn't be allowed a one-on-one with the right-back, because there's only one winner there.

Taylor's been rubbish so far like. What the fuck was he playing at when he gave it back to Given? Left foot, row Z, regroup. We never learn.

I left out Rozehnal's pathetic attempt at winning the ball, which isn't the first time we've seen that this season in the build-up to an opposition goal. He has to be going in with more conviction than he did, even when he's stretching.

Guest LucasUnger

i got a bottle put aside here at work, hahahaha

i've got millions of bottles here at work (i'm the owner of a pub in austria ;) )

Carr has played well so far, never thought i'd ever say that.

You're having a laugh. A good clearance to deny Eduardo, but his distribution is not that of a professional footballer. Couldn't pass water.

Not a single shot on target..

Smith is crap, i'm still not sure if Milner is playing or not (then again he's playing against the best LB in the world imo), only Steven Taylor,Stephen Carr and Rozenhal played decent..change needed in the seconed half, Barton in for Butt might help us getting forward a bit.

If N'Zogbia starts the second half at left-back then questions have to be asked of Keegan. He is getting raped.

Who else can we play there? Roz? Carr? They'd do even worse. We'll get murdered in the second half no matter what Keegan does.

Carr has played well so far, never thought i'd ever say that.

He gave the ball away 3 times in successive posessions, which piled pressure on us, but apart from that he's been okay. Still infuriating though, along with Nicky Butt, because lads on their wages should be able to pass a ball 10-yards every time, unless under severe pressure (which they rarely are.)

What has Roz done wrong so far? Zog is getting abused, what really fucks me off with this side is that when someone has the ball no one f****** moves, no one wants the ball, have a look at arsenal and 2 or 3 people will come looking for the ball, with us 1 will come for the ball if we're lucky the others will run away looking for space they wont find.

Its so basic to have good movement, am i the only one who sees it, surely it cant be that hard to get your team to move.

Confidence.

Not that at all! Sams asembled the worst performing squads we've had in the prem!

Even with Souness and Roeders teams we had some attacking play!

Summer

Sell Milner Sell Zog Sell Butt Sell Smith Sell Barton Sell Rozza Sell Cacapa Sell Carr Sell Ameobi!

All of them are shit!  I don't think confidence is the problem here it's just there no better than championship players

Awful so far, we need to get some possession - 41% not enough. More than that we need to get some flare and creativity into our team. Roz and Butt are awful and Duff doesn't seem confident in taking on anyone. We need to go for it and really take it to Arsenal instead of trying to absorbed there play. Didn't work Sat, won't work tonight. Bring Barton on!

Can't wait to get these fucking fixtures out the way, honest to God. We're not going to score tonight and there's not a hope in hell of us getting anything out the game. We try to play it on the floor, they close down too quickly. We try to play it long, Gallas and Senderos dominate the air. Not a hope; they're just too good.

N'Zogbia's getting absolutely raped. Butt can't pass a fucking ball to save his life. Owen is slow as sloppy shite. Given can't kick the ball. Taylor lacks a braincell or two. The whole crux of our team just utterly dominated.

Please end this game!

If N'Zogbia starts the second half at left-back then questions have to be asked of Keegan. He is getting raped.

True but the biggest problem is he hasn't actually been there.  If he is going to play left-back then he needs to be a bit more disciplined with his walkabouts up field.