What positions need new first-choice players this summer?

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A  lot of people wanting a new forward when we havent seen the centre forwards we have play in a comfortable system which suits them.

I think the absolutely vital positions we need as an absolute minimum, in order of importances is

DM

RW

AM

That would be an absolute minimum that we desperately need, alto of what other people are saying are positions which we have but need improvingon, which arent vital in my opinion.

After those 3 positions are filled then i would look at the CB and finally, the CF if the players we have arent prodcuing by then.

DM RW ST

Sell/put down/murder Owen. Bring in someone who can score without needing the quality (we lack) to lay it on a plate for him.

We need a young, dynamic, defensive mid to replace an aging Butt.

We need a right winger, to provide competition for milner, and try to stop him stagnating.

Bytheway does anyone else not think that Zog has an absolutley terrible delivery, arguably worse than Milners. His actual crossing from deep is shocking, plus he holds onto the ball that little bit too long and doesnt pass quick enough, i think he is miles away from being the complete article.

Despite all evidence to the contrary, I'm not giving up on Rozehnal and Cacapa.  I don't know exactly why defenders who come to this club magically become shit, but get rid of them and they will inevitably sign for a team with decent midfielders and look capable.

We need a right-winger, two central midfielders (one creative, one defensive) and a forward, at a minimum.  If there is money and time, a left back and another creative midfielder would be preferred.

Basically, the midfield needs to be gutted and rebuilt.  Zoggy the only survivor.

Centre Back - 1

Centre Midfield - 2

Right Wing - 1

Striker - 1

Doesn't look like we are going to do any business in this window, so hopefully a major rebuilding process in the summer spending at least £50m on the positions mentioned.

Guest FlapjackJoe

I really don't understand people.

Everyone was giving out about Big Sam playing N'Zogbia out of position at left-back, but to be honest, we have no one else.

Jose Enrique has done very little in my opinion.  Despite his defensive frailties, I think Zoggy is probably a better left-back than Jose Enrique.

And yet the majority of people here isn't interested in getting a decent left-back in ... or at very least get cover in for Enrique in case he gets injured, so that Zoggy can always play further forward.

It's our No 1 problem area by far, and has been for ages (since Beresford really, even though Olivier Bernard had one great season).

Bytheway does anyone else not think that Zog has an absolutley terrible delivery, arguably worse than Milners. His actual crossing from deep is shocking, plus he holds onto the ball that little bit too long and doesnt pass quick enough, i think he is miles away from being the complete article.

At the moment, yes. His technique looks much better than Milner's though.