N'Zogbia: good news and bad news

Dave

Fine, Rosina from Torino then. Just not another average overpriced premiership player. The premiership is a bad place to shop, especially for what we need(flair and creativity), is what i was getting at originally.

£10m for Downing? Yet people were laughing at the ludicrously high price tag some were putting on N'Zogbia. If Downing's worth £10m then  we should add another £5m to that to let the Zog go.

Twice the player, 5 times the potential, even at £15m its low when you think about Downing for £10m.

Downing is worth no more than £5m, even with him being English and at a rival club, true worth is more like £3m. £15m for the Zog then starts to make sense if we could get Downing for £3m.

I like N'Zogbia a lot but he's so overrated it's untrue. He's done nowt yet. Very inconsistent. I appreciate he's been messed about positionally etc. but when was the last time he had a really good game? Even in his proper position. I hope he stays but if he does go I think £10m would be optimistic. I'd like to think we'd hang onto him but if something like £15m was offered I think it should get serious consideration. Other factors like getting a good replacement in would need to be considered obviously. To reiterate (because I know people need to be told about 3 times :razz: ) I hope we hang onto him.

I like N'Zogbia a lot but he's so overrated it's untrue. He's done nowt yet. Very inconsistent. I appreciate he's been messed about positionally etc. but when was the last time he had a really good game? Even in his proper position. I hope he stays but if he does go I think £10m would be optimistic. I'd like to think we'd hang onto him but if something like £15m was offered I think it should get serious consideration. Other factors like getting a good replacement in would need to be considered obviously. To reiterate (because I know people need to be told about 3 times :razz: ) I hope we hang onto him.

I might have missed this, do you think we should sell?  :lol:

If we sold Zog for £7m, then bought Downing for £10m (figures which are being bandied about) would that be good business?

Guest Sniffer

10 mill for N'zogbia?

I'd take that but I seriously doubt that anybody would pay it.

I'd sell Martins for 10 mill as well if there was a taker. Emre back to Turkey for 6 mill or so.

That plus other cash should help KK in the summer.

Start with Carrick and Darren Bent

Unless we get relegated of course.

£10m for Downing? Yet people were laughing at the ludicrously high price tag some were putting on N'Zogbia. If Downing's worth £10m then  we should add another £5m to that to let the Zog go.

Twice the player, 5 times the potential, even at £15m its low when you think about Downing for £10m.

Downing is worth no more than £5m, even with him being English and at a rival club, true worth is more like £3m. £15m for the Zog then starts to make sense if we could get Downing for £3m.

Under current market price Downing is worth about 5. Apply the "Young, English" multiplier, and he's a fair deal for 10. Would be stunned if Southgate let him go for anything less.

Here's a simple rule of thumb. If ANYONE is under 24 and has five or more England caps, he'll not go for anything under 10 mil. That's the world we live in.

Zog is worth about 7~8, but he's not English so that's about what we'll get

Not saying that I agree with the inflation on English players, that's just the reality.

Under current market price Downing is worth about 5. Apply the "Young, English" multiplier, and he's a fair deal for 10. Would be stunned if Southgate let him go for anything less.

Here's a simple rule of thumb. If ANYONE is under 24 and has five or more England caps, he'll not go for anything under 10 mil. That's the world we live in.

Zog is worth about 7~8, but he's not English so that's about what we'll get

Not saying that I agree with the inflation on English players, that's just the reality.

So we'd be getting a worse player and effectively losing about £5m.

I think I'll pass on that one.

I might have missed this, do you think we should sell?   :lol:

If we sold Zog for £7m, then bought Downing for £10m (figures which are being bandied about) would that be good business?

No, because N'Zogbia's better.

not based on the past 18months

Nicked from .com:

“The best way to get people to commit to a club is to convince them that there isn’t a better club out there for them. He’s just signed a new contract, but if he’s really homesick and wants to go, there isn’t much we can do. All we will do is try and convince him that if he leaves he will miss out on something.

Players are scared of jumping off a big ship on to a littler one, they hate the idea of missing out on something. If, at the end of the day, he still says he doesn’t want to be here, and he’s not saying that at this stage, then we will have to consider what to do in the summer.

“At the moment we are pretty open minded. He said his family are in London and he wants to be closer to them, but it is our job to try and keep our best players. I personally don’t think he will leave for a better club if he does go. There might be one who are above us in the league at the moment, but there isn’t one with the potential this club has.

“He’s definitely a talent, he can go past people and he can excite the crowd, but he’s by no means the finished article.

“But fans love those sorts of players, who in one movement can go past two or three people with a little shift of the feet or with a burst of pace. Rest assured we will do what we can, but if he says he doesn’t want to be here, we have to accept that and bring someone better in.

“Charles N’Zogbia has been compared to David Ginola, but Ginola was 29 when he came, he was very experienced. The reason he came was because he was guilty of giving the ball away on the halfway line and the other team scored and knocked France out of the World Cup.

“He was never forgiven for that by the French people so we brought him to Newcastle.

“I think Charlie’s got a lot of ability but it’s off the cuff at the moment, he’s still learning the game, but you expect that from someone so young. He’s only 21 and he hasn’t got David’s experience yet."

Bit in bold obviously to be chopped by Oliver and that.

I might have missed this, do you think we should sell?   :lol:

Fair comment but imo he's both a better player on his day and has the potential to be better too.

Fair comment but imo he's both a better player on his day and has the potential to be better too.

N'Zogbia has his faults but finding a replacement wouldn't be easy IMO. Just look at Duff, supposedly a superior player. I'm not a Duff critic either, but his end product is nowhere near as productive as Zog's. No goals, few assists and lacks the direct threat that N'Zogbia does when running at players. Good left wingers aren't that easy to find as the few around tend to be at big clubs already.

Arsenal or Spurs i reckon, Zogs saying he misses his family in London, so thats where he'd go. If he went to Arsenal he wouldnt play for a while becuase he's not the finished article yet (mind you neither is Walcott), and that would piss him off immensely. I can see him at spurs though. which is a horrible thought, just watching a few videos of him and he just looks like a quality player. If anything i thnk in this team his contribution is underated. There havent been too many productive players this season. He's such a dangerous player, i dont know of a player who has had him in his pocket, ive seen him have quite games where he doesnt get into the game but havent seen a RB dominate him at all.

As for Downing, ridiculously overrated, his delivery is his best asset and even then its not amazing, he cant beat a man either and hasnt got the aility to cut inside so he's pretty predictable as a winger. No thanks.