How long before the fans and media turn on Keegan?

Decky

Guest Slippery Sam

the fans will give at least a year.

the media were against as soon as he was announced.

i did hear an interesting story about the media's take on nufc.

as we know ashley aint liked much i the city or media for his attitude towards them. this has carried over to the sports journos. when they were asking their finacial desk ciolleagues about hin when he first took over they were told he'll tell you nowt,print any s*** you want he'll not break cover,he appears not to care about the press. the sports journos thought "he'll not do that with us" but he has and they cant't handle it,hence the negative press.(also hence even when the alvaro deal was totally bogus no denial or anything,just let them print what they want---very good thing in my eyes,the media has been a tail wagging footballs dog for too long). this was passed to me by a feelancer in football journalism and toon fan.

Oh, how I hope that's true. To think Ashley has got under their skin is so pleasing.

Oba Martins is the man to ease the "pressure that is building"

LOL cloud cuckoo land.  He is in s*** form atmo for club and country.

had a s**** manager...simple as that.

If that is true(and it is in part), how come Davies started to play well for Allardyce when he joined Bolton and he was crap before ? I hope KK DOES play Martins and then we'll soon know if your theory is right....

It should be very interesting because if KK does NOT rate Martins after playing him a few times, he will drop him and will you then say we've STILL got a s--- manager !??

Guest mr quimbys beard

Keegan isnt using his own players, once he has his own staff in place then ther pressure will be on to get results.

He gets my full backing through thick and thin because I trust his judgement.

You can already see the slight improvement in the team, ok we still can't hold onto the football for shit but the interplay is better.

He's got Ashley's millions behind him in the summer, so i'd be expecting at least 8 signings from him...... Surely he must get rid of the crap we still have here?  And last piece of the jigsaw is a top class coach, not Nigel Pearson still please.

Guest toonlass

Depends on whether the boo-boys and 60 minute walkers appear again. I think Keegan has brought a better atmosphere back to St James. It has been dour and flat since Souness came, and we need a lot more than just results on the field to pick up. Some of the fans need to take a long, hard look at themselves too, and decide if they would rather be at the Metro Centre on a matchday than taking up a seat at St James.

I don't like the wording of the title.  I'd prefer "what would it take for the fans and media...?"  Something that implies that the situation is hypothetical rather than inevitable.

something that implies the fans and the media think along the same lines.

The fans will back him all the way, the media will do all they can to cause as many problems as they can for him, if he does spend lots in the summer and next season is a flop then the pressure will build and he will probably walk.

The last few months have made me realise just how average we are as a team. There's no doubt Allardyce should've done better with the players available to him but the sad fact is we are not as good as i thought we were. I still think we're underachieving but top 6 or even top 8 were never realistic goals.

Having finally come to terms with this after 4 seasons of insisting otherwise I find myself being more pragmatic about the future. We finally have a manager we all love and who the majority of us believe in, and for that reason he'll get as much time as he needs to turn us into a force to be reckoned with again (from me anyway).

Fuck the media! As far as they're concerned we're an easy target and they'll continue to write shit about us even if there's nothing to write about.

The important thing is that we stay united, get behind the manager and cheer on team on through thick and thin. 

I don't like the wording of the title.  I'd prefer "what would it take for the fans and media...?"  Something that implies that the situation is hypothetical rather than inevitable.

something that implies the fans and the media think along the same lines.

Sure.  Just get rid of the words "and media" altogether I reckon.  For the media to turn on Keegan, they'd have to perform an about turn followed by another one anyway.

I think Keegan is a lot more in tune with expectations from Newcastle fans than Sam was. He will know that as long as he puts out relatively positive teams, the fans will understand that the squad is not bought by him. Against boro for example he put out a fairly attacking team, didn't have them long balling but passing it around a bit. We didn't get the result but that was more due to a lack of quality. I think with a similar set of results to Sam he'll get more support because of his history here and because he didn't buy the players.

At the start of next season though all bets will be off. If he doesn't buy well in summer for any reason whatsoever he will be turned on quickly.

Seems like some people actually believe Keegan can make poor players into good players, and in a matter of weeks. Which confuses me when they say they want him out.

He was brought in to "motivate" wasn't he? Didn't see a lot of motivating there, him & Terry Mac in cahoots whispering to each other most of the time. Not sure about his tactical awareness either. Carr left-back? Emre out again? Smith ahead of Viduka? Allardyce would have been absolutely slaughtered for that. He's got a lot to f*cking prove tbh.

Anyone who is judging KK on this season wants their head examining.

KK's time here starts proper in the summer. Until then he is trying to rescue something from a very poor situation.

Cheers Sam

It's quite incredible that people still expect miracles after all the recent shite.