Rob Lee

Tooj

• 2 years later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Did a Beckham before David Beckham!

scored from his own half?

got dissallowed for free kick to us wtf.

Yeah :(

aye, against brentford, who incidentally had chris hughton in the team that day if i remember rightly.

that was the first match i'd ever been to

Hmm, interesting. Seven goals up until Boxing Day, then after that just the one.

Everyone blames Tino, it was that useless prat that cost us the title!

;)

Ferdinand couldn't hit a barn door when it really mattered either. Scored loads before christmas and hardly any afterwards.

I prefer to accpe thtat man utd winning 16 out of their last 17 games meant we didn't lose it, they won it.

aye, against brentford, who incidentally had chris hughton in the team that day if i remember rightly.

that was the first match i'd ever been to

Second game for me. First time I saw an own goal. Cheers Kevin Scott.

Hmm, interesting. Seven goals up until Boxing Day, then after that just the one.

;)

Ferdinand couldn't hit a barn door when it really mattered either. Scored loads before christmas and hardly any afterwards.

I prefer to accpe thtat man utd winning 16 out of their last 17 games meant we didn't lose it, they won it.

I was looking at some stats side that looks at football. It basically says this. We didn't lose the title by being poor, we went through a patch like most title winning teams, manu just performed exceptionally well.

;)

I was looking at some stats side that looks at football. It basically says this. We didn't lose the title by being poor, we went through a patch like most title winning teams, manu just performed exceptionally well.

Cantona  1-0 for about 100 games in a row it seemed like.

Rob Lee's was with his left foot, IIRC, and from a lot further away.

Rob Lee >>>>>>>>> Beckham.

I'm saying "IIRC", but I'm guessing it's on that compilation video mentioned above. But I am just going from memory, I was in the Milburn Paddock right in front of where he struck it from.

Edit: It's not on the video above. Disappointed, can't find it anywhere online. :(

I'm saying "IIRC", but I'm guessing it's on that compilation video mentioned above. But I am just going from memory, I was in the Milburn Paddock right in front of where he struck it from.

Edit: It's not on the video above. Disappointed, can't find it anywhere online. :(

Was behind the D in the centre circle. I think it might be on the promotion video if you have that.

Was behind the D in the centre circle. I think it might be on the promotion video if you have that.

he was a proper stroppy git afterwards aswell, when interviewed he went on about telling the ref how bad a decision it was, when it wasn't really.

Think it's in the loft, but I don't have a video player any more! :lol:

I've got that full match on vhs, an old 'the blue star match' picked it up at a charity shop in sunderland of all places. Next time I'm at my folks I'll get the tape and digitise the rob lee goal that never was to put on a well known video site. Shall I do the goals too?

Guest Howaythetoon

Rob Lee today would be considered world-class, on a par with Frank Lampard. He was a very tidy player with an astute footballing brain, who truly was box to box. I think he was one of the first breed of new box to box goalscoring mid-fielders. Him, Pedro and Cole was some triumvirate. I doubt we'll see the likes of Lee in our side for many a year, if at all. Those were special days not just at NUFC but football in general.

Rob Lee today would be considered world-class, on a par with Frank Lampard. He was a very tidy player with an astute footballing brain, who truly was box to box. I think he was one of the first breed of new box to box goalscoring mid-fielders. Him, Pedro and Cole was some triumvirate. I doubt we'll see the likes of Lee in our side for many a year, if at all. Those were special days not just at NUFC but football in general.

I couldn't agree more