Aston Villa 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/08 - post match reaction from page 24

midds

No excuses today - not that I expect Keegan to make them. He'll know we are in grave trouble now although I'm not sure he is able to do anything about it. We are devoid of just about everything positive I can think of.

Emre won't win us the game.

We're fucked. We're a shambles and I can't understand how anyone can remain calm and hopeful about our situation. I think Keegan will sort us out in the end but he's no quick fix.

I have been puzzling over it all game. Vexed me for an hour it did. But I finally figured it. That wily old fox Keegan is deliberately lowering expectations. By leaving Smith on, who is utter shite, even so dire that the commentators have been slagging him most of the game, he is bringing us down to the depths of utter godawful fuckery that only a talentless, past it, banged up never had it hack like smith can. He wants us wallowing in stink so bad that we'll be begging for a trio of Roeder, Souness and Allardyce back. Then he'll start.

It's going to make the rise to the top all the more glorious.

Right guys?

Right?