Getting steadily worse

Guest Phil K

I didnt think we out played Villa for the first 45 mins today.

Did they score? No

Did we score? Yes

Did we look a threat at times and pass the ball around well? Yes

Could they muster 2-3 passes at times? No

I say we did.

Did we collapse again ? YES

Did they score FOUR in the 2nd half ? YES

Is this "collapsing" a regular occurence ? YES

Did our well-paid players run around like headless chickens ? YES

Do I have confidence it will be turned around using the current players ? YOU MUST BE ******** JOKING

Did they score? No

Did we score? Yes

I say we did.

The game was pretty even in that first half, yes we were comfortable but so were they and to say we out played them is a fuckin joke tbh, we scored a deflected goal.

Realistically I can only see us getting 9 points from the remaining fixtures and that is being generous so fuck knows where that leaves us.

Did they score? No

Did we score? Yes

I say we did.

Did we collapse again ? YES

Did they score FOUR in the 2nd half ? YES

Is this "collapsing" a regular occurence ? YES

Did our well-paid players run around like headless chickens ? YES

Do I have confidence it will be turned around using the current players ? YOU MUST BE ******** JOKING

I was only commenting on the 1st half as pedro11 only mentioned the first half.

The game was pretty even in that first half, yes we were comfortable but so were they and to say we out played them is a fuckin joke tbh, we scored a deflected goal.

Why were their fans booing at half-time then? Because they were frustrated as at times, the Villa players could barely touch the ball and weren't even challenging our players for getting the ball in the middle of the park.

We were better than them in the 1st half. If we weren't, MON wouldn't have changed it around at half time like he did.

I think we played better than them in the first half, but not a whole lot better. They still looked more comfortable on the ball than us and they looked dangerous enough when they went forward, especially on their counter-attacks.

Why were their fans booing at half-time then? Because they were frustrated as at times, the Villa players could barely touch the ball and weren't even challenging our players for getting the ball in the middle of the park.

We were better than them in the 1st half. If we weren't, MON wouldn't have changed it around at half time like he did.

I'm sure that was our fans booing because they knew what was coming, fans of other clubs don't boo, it' just us who does that.

I'm sure that was our fans booing because they knew what was coming, fans of other clubs don't boo, it' just us who does that.

Exactly - Do I detect a tongue-in-cheek ?

Yep, thats the London//Manchester rags point of view.

And the various fans.

I'd say it's selective memory, but really its just spiteful stupidity.

Becasue they think they should have walked all over us from the off (which they eventually did)

OK we may have done marginally better than them in the first half but to take solace in that fact is hardly inspiring for the remainder of the season.

Enjoyed the first half myself tbh.

Was nice to see us pass the ball around. We looked very comfortable, whether we were 'marginally' better than them or not.

We definitely had them chasing the ball rather than us chasing them (ala second half)

That to me says we were better than them.

We scored a deflected goal? :lol:

It was deflected was it not? ???

Hardly. Wasn't on the scale of the Bouma deflection.

Who's to say that header wasnt going straight at the keeper before the deflection?

Who's to say it was?

It was deflected was it not?  ???

Yeah, but so what? You almost make it sound like they don't count. :lol:

Take a look here for thoughts on the first half: http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=49846.msg1198510#msg1198510

Most people were pretty pleased.

Dont get me wrong I was over the fcuking moon with the goal.

It was deflected was it not?  ???

Yeah, but so what? You almost make it sound like they don't count. :lol:

Take a look here for thoughts on the first half: http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=49846.msg1198510#msg1198510

Most people were pretty pleased.

Dont get me wrong I was over the fcuking moon with the goal.

I was just laughing at you seemingly attempting to discredit us with the goal. ;)

Who do you suggest plays instead?

How about ANYBODY but those we know to fall into the "perpetual failures" list ?

Dear god.

You spell God with a capital G David - and a little explaining as to the reasoning behind the expletive would help.

It's difficult to be a fan right now. It's frustrating and it's hard to bite your tongue, but things will turn around.

Right now though, I physically hate Butt and Smith. You can see other players trying anything to avoid passing to them. It's so gut-wrenching to watch. I hope for survival, and the summer I'm sure will be brighter. 12 or so games of desperate angst left.

I admire your faith.

Problem being is we're sliding to our doom, (and amazingly, theres STILL people trying to deny the possibility) and burying our heads in the sand isn't going to help.

Thats not a dig at you, but theres far too much "shoot the messenger" going on with some of our fans. Its not panic - it's knowing we have a SERIOUS problem with many players and persevering with them on the runin is absolute INSANITY.

A lot of you have got you brains in upside-down.

You reckon things are getting worse do you!?!

So us going toe-to-toe with Arsenal at the Emirates for a half and us out-playing Villa at Villa Park for a half were figments of my imagination were they? Or perhaps we've been playing like that all season maybe? Hmmmm....

...OF f****** COURSE NOT!!!

:lol: You lot are a joke, a f****** cruel joke that's being played on me for my sins in a previous life, Jesus, I must have been Hitler or something!!

I suppose when your head's buried deep up your rectum, it may look like we're doing passably well.

When your head isn't, (like most of us) its time to be GRAVELY concerned.

Well I guess that's something that could never be said about you.

Otherwise, how would you be able to talk out of it?

maybe we should lobby the Premier League to end all our games after 45 mins.

that way we'd have taken 5 points from Villa, Man U and Arsenal away. Which is a decent haul for any side.

You can try and scratch around for positives from any of the games mentioned above but at the end of the day the history books will show we got turned over 4-1, 6-0 and 3-0.

and taking positives from heavy defeats won't help us avoid relegation. and thats all I'm arsed about.