United we stand

Lowndsy

Guest mickcee

This Is the Wrong time to be focusing on anything other then getting behind the team and not standing side by ith man Utd fans. I totally agree with the aim but dont think our home games this season need any disruption at all as We badly need to pick points up and the fans can help.

Sorry Lads but I wont be joing in this time and will be enjoying my time before the match with a pint in hand and getting ready to back the team as they dont half need us at the moment.

Good luck lads!

Good luck with the march I hope the powers that be take heed.  :thup:

I'll join in if they do it at Old Trafford, but as our safety licence depends upon it and the stadium gets shut if the club do nothing, I'll sit this one out if you'll excuse the pun.

Lol, as if they are REALLY going to shut SJP down because of people standing I mean come on has there EVER been a major incident where people were hurt at SJP since the extension in 2000 because the away fans stood?

You think council inspectors turn a blind eye to Stewards turning a blind eye?

A concerted campaign should be made for standing areas to be returned to our stadiums. As well as letting those who wish to stand do so it will no doubt help the atmosphere.

Until there are standing areas fans should SIT in seated areas. A lot of those standing at away games don't actually want to stand but have no option when some stand up.

A protest with ManU fans ? No way.

Most of them aren't even real football fans they just attach themselves to a winning team, never having to feel pain like real fans do.

A concerted campaign should be made for standing areas to be returned to our stadiums. As well as letting those who wish to stand do so it will no doubt help the atmosphere.

Until there are standing areas fans should SIT in seated areas. A lot of those standing at away games don't actually want to stand but have no option when some stand up.

Most of them aren't even real football fans they just attach themselves to a winning team, never having to feel pain like real fans do.

They can't help that they are successful.

They felt pain when the Munich disaster happened.

Alot of their away support is 'proper' support not prawn sarnie eating tourists and businessmen.

Manchester City hate Manchester United more than us, yet they could put football rivalry aside for 10minutes, so why can't we when it is something we all want?

Away games are all about going for a fun drink, song and dance. Standing up is part of matchday tradition, and more of the 'working class' attend away games, as well as young'uns. If you go to an away game and don't want to stand just don't go, only morons sit at away games.

Alot of their away support is 'proper' support not prawn sarnie eating tourists and businessmen.

Manchester City hate Manchester United more than us, yet they could put football rivalry aside for 10minutes, so why can't we when it is something we all want?

Away games are all about going for a fun drink, song and dance. Standing up is part of matchday tradition, and more of the 'working class' attend away games, as well as young'uns. If you go to an away game and don't want to stand just don't go, only morons sit at away games.

So you are speaking for all AWAY fans are you ?  If I wish to sit I'm a moron. A bit fascist that mate.

Read what I wrote. Standing is great in standing areas. Sit in seated areas. Get yourself a campaign going for standing areas not for standing in seated areas - you may be more successful.

ManU was a completely different club 50 years ago, now they are a successful world corporate brand supported by people who like to be assciated with successful things but have no real allegiance. But they do have SOME real fans I concede.

So you are speaking for all AWAY fans are you ?  If I wish to sit I'm a moron. A bit fascist that mate.

Read what I wrote. Standing is great in standing areas. Sit in seated areas. Get yourself a campaign going for standing areas not for standing in seated areas - you may be more successful.

ManU was a completely different club 50 years ago, now they are a successful world corporate brand supported by people who like to be assciated with successful things but have no real allegiance. But they do have SOME real fans I concede.

Their away support is probably one of the best in the country.

Our campaign is for safe standing sections, not standing in seated areas.

What's the point in going to an away game to sit? You might as well remain on the coach/train/plane or in the comfort of your armchair.

What's the point in going to an away game to sit? You might as well remain on the coach/train/plane or in the comfort of your armchair.

If you had dodgy knees from playing football you may have a different opinion.

I find your assertion that more of the "working class" attend away games a bit strange.

Are there statistics to show that a particular socio-economic group is more likely to attend away games than home ones ? 

More dedicated fans probably, drunk more and louder certainly, but the costs involved in travelling and in some cases the price of tickets may actually mean the true "working class" fan doesn't get to travel as much as he or she would like.

Thanks for clearing up that your campaign is for safe standing areas. Then I definitely support you.

I just couldn't bring myself to walk alongside those plastic fans who taunted us mercilessly at Old Trafford recently. If they were Wigan or Hartlepool fans I'd probably consider it.

I find your assertion that more of the "working class" attend away games a bit strange.

Are there statistics to show that a particular socio-economic group is more likely to attend away games than home ones ? 

More dedicated fans probably, drunk more and louder certainly, but the costs involved in travelling and in some cases the price of tickets may actually mean the true "working class" fan doesn't get to travel as much as he or she would like.

Thanks for clearing up that your campaign is for safe standing areas. Then I definitely support you.

I just couldn't bring myself to walk alongside those plastic fans who taunted us mercilessly at Old Trafford recently. If they were Wigan or Hartlepool fans I'd probably consider it.

While it is true not everyone wants to stand at away games I could safely say about 85%+ want to and it is that majority who should be catered for imo.

I also agree that there is a much higher percentage of the 'working class' fans who attend away games compared to home games.

Fair enough. Still think it's a bit petty though, when it is something you agree with. Can't be arsed to argue though, if people want to join us they can, it's not being forced upon anyone we would just like people to speak up for what the believe in.

is the correct answer

Guest neesy111

Any1 who stands throughout a game SHOULD BE THROWN OUT

clubs had to spend millions building new seater stadiums and that is a part of the reason we pay more for our tickets now, but if some1 is standing where it blocks other ppls view THEY should be thrown out END OF

we pay fucking fortunes and then to get ppl standing in front of you is a disgrace and i don't even care about those toon ultra's cos some of their chants etc and bilnd support of Fat Sam is cringe worthy

clubs had to spend millions building new seater stadiums and that is a part of the reason we pay more for our tickets now, but if some1 is standing where it blocks other ppls view THEY should be thrown out END OF

we pay f****** fortunes and then to get ppl standing in front of you is a disgrace and i don't even care about those toon ultra's cos some of their chants etc and bilnd support of Fat Sam is cringe worthy

jesus wept

we pay f****** fortunes and then to get ppl standing in front of you is a disgrace and i don't even care about those toon ultra's cos some of their chants etc and bilnd support of Fat Sam is cringe worthy

:angry:  go on son you tell'em!

;D

we pay fucking fortunes and then to get ppl standing in front of you is a disgrace and i don't even care about those toon ultra's cos some of their chants etc and bilnd support of Fat Sam is cringe worthy

Lynne Truss just went into a state of apoplexy.

manu fans piss me off. Think they are some sort of ringleaders with stuff like this with their "we're all fans in union" claptrap then turn into the biggest most patronising tossers when it suits them, especially the gloryseekers from Torquay, Ireland etc.

Tell them to bugger off.

Just out of interest do you actually attend games?

Standing is part of football. You stand when you sing, you stand when your team scores, when your angry, or when a player performs brilliantly. The reason theres no amtmosphere at SJP is because everyone just sits on their hands all match, it's boring. Yet the only areas with persistant standing ever chant all game. See the link? We have one of the best away supports in the league. Why? Because we stand. If we sat at all away games I would guarantee the atmosphere would be crap.

spot on. And get another set of football "fans" to join with in the movement rather than those plastic gloryseekers

spot on. And get another set of football "fans" to join with in the movement rather than those plastic gloryseekers

agreed as SEB

agreed as SEB

Like it or not a consortium of fans from West Bumsend, Upper Yawnshire and Empty Paddock Town aren't going to get any attention or get anything changed. If fans from all the EPL clubs got together and marched you would get a lot of press.

In Australia we have similar prejudices against standing at some all seating venues, but at most it is fine and you have designated standing home and away support sections. It works fine, people who want to sing, wave flags, get into it all can stand together and no-one gets their view blocked.

For anyone who says this campaign does not work the Melbourne Victory fans in Australia have in the last season conducted widespread silent protests at matches against not being allowed to stand. They have so far been offered a place to stand, but turned it down and are holding out for a better standing area (possibly because they are morons and can't see a good offer when it's put on the table in front of them).

So this protest could work, given wide enough support. I don't see why anyone could object. Sitting fans shouldn't want standing fans in their area, and standing fans obviously want to be allowed to stand. Good luck to you all.

I wouldnt say Manu's away support are glory hunters. They probably have the best away following in the league.

Got to disagree mate. I've seen quite a few sides come to SJP park and Man U are not one of the best. Liverpool are canny but the best i've seen was NAC Breda (obviously not from this league).

5-0 down and singing "always look on the bright side of life".

My mate who's a Liverpool has this to say:

Standing at the game is not illegal. It never has been, the clubs themselves banned it.

Liverpool from this season have officially/unofficially allocated 1892 seats at the back of the Kop as a safe standing area. In that fans that are there know the rules and will behave themselves and the stewards wont interfere when we stand.

Officially its a 'singing area' - i think they were warey about declaring it a standing area.

we have had loads of our allocations cut back this year (city, boro, toon) because of standing by our fans at last year's match....