Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

In terms of Geremi's position and the need for adding pace to the side whilst also improving the footballing ability, this guy would be perfect for that position/role and wouldnt cost a bomb either:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/images/2005/04/22/kieron_dyer_300x400.jpg

Are you being serious?

In terms of Geremi's position and the need for adding pace to the side whilst also improving the footballing ability, this guy would be perfect for that position/role and wouldnt cost a bomb either:

Someone else's problem now...

Thank christ.

Thank christ.

Better than anyone else we've got across the midfield, just far too injury prone.

Thank christ.

Better than anyone else we've got across the midfield, just far too injury prone.

Word.  Could have been world class if he had stayed fit and progressed as he could have been expected.

Thank christ.

That is the problem if you dont play because your always broke your value is worthless.

Thank christ.

Word.  Could have been world class if he had stayed fit and progressed as he could have been expected.

IF is his career football wise not dosh in the bank.

Guest sicko2ndbest

linked with Adriano in today ssun. I reckon KK would get the best out of him. Can you imagine a forward line of:

Martins.........................Adriano

..................Owen......................

firing on all cylinders

Adriano on form could potentially be better than Ferdinand was for us, however...

http://www.calciomalato.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/adriano-1.jpg

Adriano on form could potentially be better than Ferdinand was for us, however...

http://www.calciomalato.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/adriano-1.jpg

TBF he's just looking at the pic she's just took on her digital camera.

Guest sicko2ndbest

perfectly suited to premiership football, big, strong and quick. i think we'd get him for a decent price as well

Adriano's freaky Friday

The Brazilian striker had a black Friday. He had a car crash, arrived late at the practices and threatened a photographer.

Adriano, Inter player currently on loan at Sao Paulo, seems not to get over several personal, soccer crisis for he's back on the spotlight due to his mediocre performance on the field and other controversies.

The striker, who was in the lineup which drew 1-1 against Atletico Nacional Medellin in Copa Libertadores debut, arrived in Cumbica de Guarulhos airport (Sao Paulo) without the official outfit the players must wear in this kind of trip. This was feud no. 1...

The team justified Adriano's attitude through a statement, alleged the coaching staff allowed him to take off his shirt because he was sweating. Sao Paulo chairman Juvenal Juvencio said later that "Adriano may be 'the Roman emperor in Italy, but here, he's just another player in the roster", promised he will talk to him about the incident.

Feud no. 2: Adriano was involved in a car accident on Friday morning in Sao Paulo; he collided with another car, but further details are still unknown. Later on, feud no. 3 took place.

The striker arrived 28 minutes later to the Friday practice coach Muricy Ramalho scheduled by nine in the morning. Borges and Hugo also arrived late, but they joined the rest of their teammates normally; Adriano did not do the same, for he went to the Physiotherapy, Physiology Sport Rehabilitation Center alleging a strong pain in his right thigh.

A few minutes later, Adriano left the premises without making statements, which made Sao Paulo superintendant Marco Aurelio Cunha get furious.

"We'll see what happened exactly, then we'll know what to do; he didn't explain why he arrived late at the practices, he will be fined for sure", he remarked.

An hour later, Adriano got in his car and left the team premises, threatened anybody who intended to take a picture; finally, he argued and threatened a photographer from sports paper Lance, Reginaldo Castro.

Cunha said Adriano's attitude was "definitely inappropriate and unsuitable"; this new controversy, plus former ones and his poor performance, could make his stay at the Brazilian team shorter than agreed

http://www.sportsya.com/english/news.php/Adriano_was_late_at_team_practice_had_a_car_crash_threatened_a_photographer.html?id=172041&id_estruc=283

Guest sicko2ndbest

Adriano's freaky Friday

The Brazilian striker had a black Friday. He had a car crash, arrived late at the practices and threatened a photographer.

Adriano, Inter player currently on loan at Sao Paulo, seems not to get over several personal, soccer crisis for he's back on the spotlight due to his mediocre performance on the field and other controversies.

The striker, who was in the lineup which drew 1-1 against Atletico Nacional Medellin in Copa Libertadores debut, arrived in Cumbica de Guarulhos airport (Sao Paulo) without the official outfit the players must wear in this kind of trip. This was feud no. 1...

The team justified Adriano's attitude through a statement, alleged the coaching staff allowed him to take off his shirt because he was sweating. Sao Paulo chairman Juvenal Juvencio said later that "Adriano may be 'the Roman emperor in Italy, but here, he's just another player in the roster", promised he will talk to him about the incident.

Feud no. 2: Adriano was involved in a car accident on Friday morning in Sao Paulo; he collided with another car, but further details are still unknown. Later on, feud no. 3 took place.

The striker arrived 28 minutes later to the Friday practice coach Muricy Ramalho scheduled by nine in the morning. Borges and Hugo also arrived late, but they joined the rest of their teammates normally; Adriano did not do the same, for he went to the Physiotherapy, Physiology Sport Rehabilitation Center alleging a strong pain in his right thigh.

A few minutes later, Adriano left the premises without making statements, which made Sao Paulo superintendant Marco Aurelio Cunha get furious.

"We'll see what happened exactly, then we'll know what to do; he didn't explain why he arrived late at the practices, he will be fined for sure", he remarked.

An hour later, Adriano got in his car and left the team premises, threatened anybody who intended to take a picture; finally, he argued and threatened a photographer from sports paper Lance, Reginaldo Castro.

Cunha said Adriano's attitude was "definitely inappropriate and unsuitable"; this new controversy, plus former ones and his poor performance, could make his stay at the Brazilian team shorter than agreed

http://www.sportsya.com/english/news.php/Adriano_was_late_at_team_practice_had_a_car_crash_threatened_a_photographer.html?id=172041&id_estruc=283

so he is potentially availible!  :razz:

Adriano tells his truth

Inter's Brazilian striker admitted during a TV interview he had abused of alcohol to sleep, he regrets having lost almost two years of his life.

Adriano talked about openly about the crisis he suffered last season, and prevented him from playing for Inter neither at the Calcio nor at the Champions League.

"In those days, I could hardly sleep at night, I couldn't do anything. All my problems were on my mind, so I needed to drink to sleep a while, and I don't want to do it again", Adriano said.

Adriano admitted he lost almost two years of his life and career, but he said that "it may happen to everyone, the most important thing is that you have to be able to learn the lesson".

"I had so many things in my mind, I couldn't get focused on my career. When I was at the practices, I've got my mind on other things so I couldn't do my job right", he added.

He said that it was his fault. "I should have tried to solve all my problems and focus on my job, but I didn't".

Adriano, also known as "the Emperor" through Italy, grew up in a Rio "favela", and he even told his mother that he felt happier when they were poor".

"It's clear that money can help solve some problems, but it is not the solution for everything; money is useless if you are down", Adriano said.

http://www.sportsya.com/english/news.php?id_estruc=283&id=158670

Adriano's freaky Friday

so he is potentially availible!  :razz:

He's only on loan at Sao Paulo iirc from Inter so even if we were to sign him, the deal would have to go through them and so his disputes at Sao Paulo won't affect his availability.

Adriano's first touch is worst than Martins'.

And the last time he scored goals on a consistent basis was about 2 years ago.

11 goals in 17 games for Sao Paulo

The Brazilian league is quite different from the Premiership. Romario scored goals there until he was 42!

Not all bad.

Brazil coach Dunga has admitted that Adriano could be in line for a recall to the national team. Speaking in a television interview on Monday, Dunga said "He has evolved, he is improving a lot with Sao Paulo,"

"He had a few problems at the start but he is getting back to being the Adriano that we all know." Dunga said, speaking about Adriano's time at São Paulo.

"Without doubt, if he goes back to being the Adriano that he was before, he will have chances because he is a player with strength, power and he scores goals."

Adriano has featured only once for Brazil under Dunga, in last year's 2-0 friendly defeat by Portugal.