Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

I'd like to keep Milner, but wouldn't be massively against selling him. Not for £5m though. He's young and he's English and he's a decent enough player... £5m would be a fair price a few years ago, but not in today's inflated market. If the likes of Smith, Richardson, Chopra, Dyer, Parker are going for £6m+, i'd like to see us hold out for a bit more if we're gonna let Milner go.

I'd like to keep Milner, but wouldn't be massively against selling him. Not for £5m though. He's young and he's English and he's a decent enough player... £5m would be a fair price a few years ago, but not in today's inflated market. If the likes of Smith, Richardson, Chopra, Dyer, Parker are going for £6m+, i'd like to see us hold out for a bit more if we're gonna let Milner go.

Spot on really.

Break the bank for someone who is not available could well be the best option. DM is probably the most important position for us if we are looking to move forward. (look how Spurs fell away when they lost Carrick and replaced him with a far inferior player(s))

Flamini, or if he goes to Milan, Gattuso?

Sure KK/wise have some good ideas though.

Struggling to think of any really good DM's that are available. In the past there had been Carrick, Hargreaves etc but there's barely anyone about atm.

I'm assuming we are all ruling out Gareth Barry because of (allegedly) european ambitions.

If Chelsea are having a clear out i'd be tempted to try and get <b>Mikel</b>.

Most over-rated player i've ever seen.

Alot of people say that, but i really like him. His passing ability is second to none(not literally)

Suppose he would be a good option to replace Flamini...

Very :)

Flamini would be a great option to replace any of your centre mids, get the wallet out :)

Struggling to think of any really good DM's that are available. In the past there had been Carrick, Hargreaves etc but there's barely anyone about atm.

I'm assuming we are all ruling out Gareth Barry because of (allegedly) european ambitions.

If Chelsea are having a clear out i'd be tempted to try and get <b>Mikel</b>.

Most over-rated player i've ever seen.

Alot of people say that, but i really like him. His passing ability is second to none(not literally)

Suppose he would be a good option to replace Flamini...

Very :)

Flamini would be a great option to replace any of your centre mids, get the wallet out :)

Unrealistic.

Keep Milner ffs get rid of Car, Smith and Viduka deffinately. 

I'd like us to try for the likes of:  Berbatov, K. Jones, Ashton, Lennon, Dunne, Diarra, Carrick

:lol: Diarra? Carrick? Berbatov? Also, selling Viduka would be silly, he would be an excellent squad player.

One of the youngsters?

Paris Saint Germain defender Mamadou Sakho has been scouted by Newcastle United as The Magpies compile a lengthy list of potential summer targets.

The Paris-born youngster captained PSG at the tender age of 17, a French record, and has also skippered France Under-17s.

Respected sources claim Newcastle posted representatives at the Coupe de la Ligue final, when Sakho impressed as his side overcame Lens in a dramatic match in front of Setanta Sports cameras, and a return trip to Paris is on the cards.

Directors Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez have handed manager Kevin Keegan a short-list of targets and the United boss will be clocking up the air miles to see them personally.

"As far as their list goes, we'll be flying off over the next three or four weeks to look at the players we don't know," admitted Keegan recently.

"We know their names but there are one or two on the list from Dennis that I haven't seen play."

The 18-year-old is rumoured to be interested in moving to England, although PSG are likely to resist any approaches for their promising stopper.

One of the youngsters?

Paris Saint Germain defender Mamadou Sakho has been scouted by Newcastle United as The Magpies compile a lengthy list of potential summer targets.

The Paris-born youngster captained PSG at the tender age of 17, a French record, and has also skippered France Under-17s.

Respected sources claim Newcastle posted representatives at the Coupe de la Ligue final, when Sakho impressed as his side overcame Lens in a dramatic match in front of Setanta Sports cameras, and a return trip to Paris is on the cards.

Directors Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez have handed manager Kevin Keegan a short-list of targets and the United boss will be clocking up the air miles to see them personally.

"As far as their list goes, we'll be flying off over the next three or four weeks to look at the players we don't know," admitted Keegan recently.

"We know their names but there are one or two on the list from Dennis that I haven't seen play."

The 18-year-old is rumoured to be interested in moving to England, although PSG are likely to resist any approaches for their promising stopper.

Sad state of affairs that wor Kev doesnt know about a few of these players but apologies if its cos they are young players .

One of the youngsters?

Sorry, but class on fm... :lol:

If Chelsea are having a clear out i'd be tempted to try and get Mikel.

Break the bank for someone who is not available could well be the best option. DM is probably the most important position for us if we are looking to move forward. (look how Spurs fell away when they lost Carrick and replaced him with a far inferior player(s))

I agree but who?

I honestly think Grant (if he was in charge) would be tempted to let him go in the summer. From what i've seen he's good on the ball and has plenty of physical attributes at a good age.

Let him work with Butt and get him used to the role, would sound nice to me.

Makoun?

Doubt he'd come here but I didn't think Modric would go to someone like us or Spurs.

I rate Mikel too but I think the compensation they paid Man Utd would put them off selling him unless it was for big money.

Milner linked with Villa today

Upwards of £5m and they can have him. He's been around for ages but never seems to get any better. First team football hasn't really brought him on at all this season. A move to Villa would be a decent deal all round.

Milner is a quality player, way better than Lennon. You'd be mad to let him go, him and Martins bearing down on any defence would scare the life out of you.

Guest optimistic nit

Upwards of £5m and they can have him. He's been around for ages but never seems to get any better. First team football hasn't really brought him on at all this season. A move to Villa would be a decent deal all round.

Milner is a quality player, way better than Lennon. You'd be mad to let him go, him and Martins bearing down on any defence would scare the life out of you.

unfortunately we don't get to play against the likes of dawson, woodgate and kabul every week.

Guest Guinness

I agree but who?

I honestly think Grant (if he was in charge) would be tempted to let him go in the summer. From what i've seen he's good on the ball and has plenty of physical attributes at a good age.

Makoun?

Doubt he'd come here but I didn't think Modric would go to someone like us or Spurs.

I rate Mikel too but I think the compensation they paid Man Utd would put them off selling him unless it was for big money.

Makoun is a good shout, although with Flamini probably leaving Arsenal they might make a move. I seem to remember them being linked with him quite a bit last summer.

I agree but who?

Makoun?

Makoun is a good shout, although with Flamini probably leaving Arsenal they might make a move. I seem to remember them being linked with him quite a bit last summer.

I think Wenger will push Denilson as a first team regular next season if Flamini goes.

One of the youngsters?

PSG would want a fair bit for him.

unfortunately we don't get to play against the likes of dawson, woodgate and kabul every week.

Lucky you!!! With a bit of luck we'll shift Daws and Kaboul in the window but there was talk of you being after MD, Dunne is a much better bet