Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest sicko2ndbest

04-05 Inter Milan  16 Goals, 30 Games  10 Goals, 9 Games (Champions League) 

05-06 Inter Milan  13 Goals, 30 Games  6 Goals, 11 Games (Champions League) 

this was only 2 seasons ago. He is only 26. I think he would be a perfect project for Keegan. Asprillaesque

Adriano's first touch is worst than Martins'.

And the last time he scored goals on a consistent basis was about 2 years ago.

11 goals in 17 games for Sao Paulo

The Brazilian league is quite different from the Premiership. Romario scored goals there until he was 42!

Teddy Sheringham was scoring in the Premiership when he was 41

Kevin Keegan insists he won't be frightened to sign problem players with "warts" as he rebuilds Newcastle.

Toon bosses have tried to tame a succession of bad boys in recent years and had their fingers burned, most recently with £6million midfielder Joey Barton.

But Keegan, who intends to keep Michael Owen as his long-term skipper, accepts that he may have to shop for stars who have have been in hot water, or become misfits at their clubs, and turn them around.

Barton is currently on bail and must be back at the Sporting Chance Clinic in Hampshire by 7pm each night, ruling him out of matches in the North as he banks his £40,000-a-week wages.

Advertisement

He is due in court in March to answer an assault charge, but Keegan has pledged to back Barton and get him playing again.

Craig Bellamy, Lee Bowyer and Kieron Dyer have also been the talk of the Tyne for the wrong reasons.

During his first reign Keegan got the best out of temperamental David Ginola and took unfashionable players and made them stars.

Keegan will adopt a similar strategy again, explaining: "In this area, we're not always going to get the very best - we sometimes get the ones with warts on, like they've had a problem somewhere.

"And the secret is can you get the best out of them, can you give them something that's been missing?

"I'm not saying we're going to look for awkward players, but that's what we did last time.

"We got a few players in at the start who for one reason or another hadn't worked out, but we knew they had ability and hunger.

"People like Brian Kilcline came, then Paul Bracewell, Barry Venison and Rob Lee. Then we mixed them with a few fresh faces like Andy Cole.

"If you go back it didn't happen overnight although people think it did. We formed a team, we got up, we nearly won the league, but it was a real good process." Keegan has pledged to make attractive wing play a feature again with star roles for Damien Duff and James Milner, and also potential new signing Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Keegan said: "When you talk to Damien the desire is there, so that's the only thing you need. He's got the ability, he's just had injuries and he's now much more experienced. He can get better and improve here.

"Wingers and players who can go past people have always been very important to me because they change matches. Can we get more out of them in an inventive way? I think we can."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/01/22/kevin-keegan-i-ll-buy-bad-boys-89520-20294350/

Guest sicko2ndbest

......................given...........................

beye.......faye..........metzlder........enrique

...............diarra........barton............

.....................owen.......................

.....martins........................adriano......

.......................Crouch..........................

:yikes:

realistic?

realistic?

Crouch or Adriano tbh, don't need both. Diarra's not realistic - only signed for Pompey in Jan and unlike with what happened at Arsenal he has no real reason for wanting to leave. Metzelder would be a gamble but if he stays fit would be absolute quality.

The Brazilian league is quite different from the Premiership. Romario scored goals there until he was 42!

Are we really going to have a debate about the quality of the Premiership vs the quality of the Brazilian league?

Guest sicko2ndbest

realistic?

Crouch or Adriano tbh, don't need both. Diarra's not realistic - only signed for Pompey in Jan and unlike with what happened at Arsenal he has no real reason for wanting to leave. Metzelder would be a gamble but if he stays fit would be absolute quality.

Diarra whos on the bench at Madrid. Holding midfielder

Martins wants Adriano’s partnership

By ROMANUS UGWU

Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Super Eagles striker, Obafemi Martins was in the 24-man squad that jetted out to Spain on Monday for the UEFA Champions League second leg quarterfinal gain against Villarreal today.

Club’s manager, Mancini, whp loaded his squad with four strikers, Mancini charged his players to be attack minded, irrespective of the result of the first leg.

“I need Inter to play like they can and like they have always done without trying to defend the first-leg result which gives us small advantage. We will have to try and have the right attitude. The team's attitude on the pitch will be important,” he affirmed.

Mancini added that he had secreet studied the Spanish side, adding: "I already knew Villarreal because I had seen them play a number of times. We knew it would be a hard match, then everything became more difficult after they took an immediate lead. They are a solid team who can do damage in attack because of the quality of their players."

Speaking on the match, Obafemi Martins believed he would be beginning to gel with the Brazilian international, Adriano, adding that he would want more of their partnership.

"I don't know if Adriano and myself are the perfect couple for Inter, but this is a coach's decision and I'm not the coach. What is sure is that together we feel really good and we must continue this way," he noted.

The Nerazzurri travelled with three goalkeepers, eight defenders, nine midfielders and four attackers.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/soccerstar/2006/apr/04/soccerstar-4-04-2006-003.htm

realistic?

Or Alou Diarra who plays for Bordeaux, Also DMC

Playboy lifestyle cost demanding Adriano a Premier League move

Last updated at 10:49am on 4th September 2007

Inter Milan striker Adriano, whose £125,000-a-week wage demands priced him out of a move to Manchester City and West Ham, has been accused of spending his money on a playboy lifestyle.

Brazilian Adriano, 25, told West Ham that he would reconsider a loan move to the Premier League in January but Alan Curbishley may be more than perturbed to hear Italian reports say he has been dropped from Inter's Champions League squad, with his poor form blamed on his party lifestyle.

Adriano is alleged to be spending £28,000 a week living in the suite of a five-star Milan hotel, despite having a home on the outskirts of the city, and partying. His drinking has already cost him club fines and suspensions for missing training.

Adriano has admitted having a booze problem. He said: 'I like going to nightclubs and discos and try to get rid of my problems through alcohol.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=479770&in_page_id=1779

Guest sicko2ndbest

Martins Emre previous teammates

cacapa fellow contryman

Alves living up in Middlesborough

He wouldnt be short of people. I think this one has legs

Are we really going to have a debate about the quality of the Premiership vs the quality of the Brazilian league?

If you want, I am not fussed eitherway.

Kevin Keegan insists he won't be frightened to sign problem players with "warts" as he rebuilds Newcastle.

Keegan will adopt a similar strategy again, explaining: "In this area, we're not always going to get the very best - we sometimes get the ones with warts on, like they've had a problem somewhere.

"And the secret is can you get the best out of them, can you give them something that's been missing?

"I'm not saying we're going to look for awkward players, but that's what we did last time.

"We got a few players in at the start who for one reason or another hadn't worked out, but we knew they had ability and hunger.

If we go for Adriano we might as well go for Ronaldinho too. Keegan's gonna sort you out lads.

If you want, I am not fussed eitherway.

Save it for when there's nothing else to talk about in here when the Transfer Forum gets set up in the close season.  Would be a shame to waste it now

Joe Cole if he gets pissed off at Chelsea ,hell why not anything can happen in this game and he will know Keegans history but doubt he would leave the smoke but i can dream

Agreed, good cover for Enrique.

Joe Cole if he gets pissed off at Chelsea ,hell why not anything can happen in this game and he will know Keegans history but doubt he would leave the smoke but i can dream

Agreed, good cover for Enrique.

You mean Ashley Cole!!

As for that Keegan article about problem players, there cant be too many high profile players who have that reputation, who do you think might be aimed at?

Am i reading too much into it? that articles seems relevant to our future transfers-as well as the specific mention of South American players....albeit that would maybe contradict my theory....

You mean Ashley Cole!!

As for that Keegan article about problem players, there cant be too many high profile players who have that reputation, who do you think might be aimed at?

Am i reading too much into it? that articles seems relevant to our future transfers-as well as the specific mention of South American players....albeit that would maybe contradict my theory....

I didn't read the Joe, just the Cole.   :-[

Am i reading too much into it?

Yes.

Cant see why he'd mention it then. Doesnt seem like the sort of thing that you obligatorliy mention during transfer specualtion if it had no relevance to a particular potential signing.

Suggest there is someone on the list with a bad reputation, no other reason for mentioning specifically mentioning it if they're all model pros on the list...

Yes.

Cant see why he'd mention it then. Doesnt seem like the sort of thing that you obligatorliy mention during transfer specualtion if it had no relevance to a particular potential signing.

Suggest there is someone on the list with a bad reputation, no other reason for mentioning specifically mentioning it if they're all model pros on the list...

The article is from January.

realistic?

Ahh, thought you meant Lassana  :doh: The Real Madrid one could be worth a punt, don't think he'd come to the prem though.

Yes.

The article is from January.

So its not  relevant article then?