Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

I know some people have been questioning Maduro in other threads, but what i saw of him in the under-21 world cup and the little bits aside from that.

He has looked real quality and known his position really well.

Guest teepee

Dunne, Huntelaar, Diego, Lennon and someone like Veloso. That'd be the perfect transfers for our squad atm, and all of them are realistic imo.

only dunne and lennon are even remotely realistic

Inn: Lennon, Alou Diarra, Dunne, Arshavin, new ML, new CB

Martins - Owen

<New ML> - Diarra - Arshavin - Lennon

Enrique - Dunne - Faye/New CB - Beye

Harper

Saw an interview with Bilic last night about Croatias chances in the summer and about Modric.

He said that he thinks that Modric is already one of the ten best midfielders in the world (AM)

Damnit we missed out on him, still cant get over it, god i wish Spurs go down next season =)

So because Bilic said it, it must be true?

That's like me saying Steven Taylor is one of the best centre backs in the premierleague. Of course he is going to say that, he manages the guy.

Did i say that it must be true because Bilic said it?? NO!! I just wanted to mention it...

Guest LucaAltieri

Milner linked with Villa today

Upwards of £5m and they can have him. He's been around for ages but never seems to get any better. First team football hasn't really brought him on at all this season. A move to Villa would be a decent deal all round.

Upwards of £5m and they can have him. He's been around the ages but never seems to get any better. First team football hasn't really brought him on at all this season. A move to Villa would be a decent deal all round.

I agree, if we can get something like £6m+ i would sell him...

Upwards of £5m and they can have him. He's been around the ages but never seems to get any better. First team football hasn't really brought him on at all this season. A move to Villa would be a decent deal all round.

No way man. I think he has a future in the formation we're currently playing in. I've always thought that he could be a decent central midfielder because he gets up and down well, has a decent first touch and keeps hold of possession. I actually see him as an upgrade on Geremi but because Geremi's done well recently, Milner hasn't had a look-in.

Anyway, I think our squad is quite small, so keeping players like Milner around will prevent us from ending up in a situation where we have to send on a youngster (like Lua Lua) to change a game.

In- Riquelme Arshavin Poulsen Bent Dunne Grosso

Harper/Given

Beye  Faye  Dunne Grosso/Enrique

Poulsen

Riquelme              Arshavin

Owen  Bent    Martins

straight swap for young :)

There was a stat in the Observer yesterday about the worst corner takers in the prem. Milner was in the worst 5 and had some accuracy rating of 10% or something.

5m would be good business.

There was a stat in the Observer yesterday about the worst corner takers in the prem. Milner was in the worst 5 and had some accuracy rating of 10% or something.

5m would be good business.

Geremi top?

Struggling to think of any really good DM's that are available. In the past there had been Carrick, Hargreaves etc but there's barely anyone about atm.

I'm assuming we are all ruling out Gareth Barry because of (allegedly) european ambitions.

If Chelsea are having a clear out i'd be tempted to try and get Mikel.

Struggling to think of any really good DM's that are available. In the past there had been Carrick, Hargreaves etc but there's barely anyone about atm.

I'm assuming we are all ruling out Gareth Barry because of (allegedly) european ambitions.

If Chelsea are having a clear out i'd be tempted to try and get <b>Mikel</b>.

Most over-rated player i've ever seen.

Break the bank for someone who is not available could well be the best option. DM is probably the most important position for us if we are looking to move forward. (look how Spurs fell away when they lost Carrick and replaced him with a far inferior player(s))

Break the bank for someone who is not available could well be the best option. DM is probably the most important position for us if we are looking to move forward. (look how Spurs fell away when they lost Carrick and replaced him with a far inferior player(s))

I agree but who?

I honestly think Grant (if he was in charge) would be tempted to let him go in the summer. From what i've seen he's good on the ball and has plenty of physical attributes at a good age.

Let him work with Butt and get him used to the role, would sound nice to me.

I agree but who?

I honestly think Grant (if he was in charge) would be tempted to let him go in the summer. From what i've seen he's good on the ball and has plenty of physical attributes at a good age.

Let him work with Butt and get him used to the role, would sound nice to me.

At this moment in time i can't think of anyone. Don't think Mikel will be moving though after the struggle Chelsea went to get him in and if he does he won't move here. Veloso would seem a good shout too but again i doubt he'd move here if the likes of Man U are in for him.

Alot of people say that, but i really like him. His passing ability is second to none(not literally)

Alot of people say that, but i really like him. His passing ability is second to none(not literally)

Suppose he would be a good option to replace Flamini........................................